SORT BY Relevancy
Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers are used to contending for championships, but through five games the team is tied with the Philadelphia 76ers (0-6) for the fewest wins in the league -- zero.
Bryant’s disdain for losing and the struggles of the Lakers prompted an interesting question: Would the Lakers and Knicks benefit from a trade involving Bryant?
New York has Phil Jackson, the Triangle offense and cap space to absorb Bryant’s contract and the Lakers aren’t going to contend this season with or without the team’s longtime superstar.
Conversely, the Houston Rockets were undefeated until Saturday night after some experts believed the team would take a step back with the loss of Chandler Parsons and free agency addition of Trevor Ariza.
In the Eastern Conference, the Cleveland Cavaliers have gotten off to a slow start (2-3) and not dominated out of the gate as many predicted.
With that in mind, Michael Scotto of SheridanHoops joined Yahoo! Sports Radio to discuss the struggles of the Lakers and Cavaliers, the rumors surrounding Bryant and how James Harden and Dwight Howard have carried the Rockets.
In his latest SheridanHoops previews for the upcoming season, columnist Michael Scotto has the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks as playoff teams.
What about the rest of the league?
Can Kobe Bryant carry the Lakers to the playoffs with Steve Nash now out for the season?
Is this the year the Chicago Bulls fulfill their potential and reach the NBA Finals?
Are the Cleveland Cavaliers the title favorites with LeBron James and Kevin Love joining forces with Kyrie Irving?
Scotto joined FOX Sports Radio and host Nick Ashooh to preview the upcoming NBA season.
Did the San Antonio Spurs use the NBA Finals to expose the Miami Heat as a one-man team?
In their dismantling of the two-time defending NBA champions, the Spurs proved the old basketball adage that five beats one every time - even if that one is LeBron James, the best player on the planet.
In this interview with Tony D of Yahoo Sports Radio that took place less than an hour after Game 5 had ended, Chris Bernucca of SheridanHoops.com talks about how San Antonio's system of incorporating all five players in its offense makes the Spurs nearly impossible to guard, while the disappearance of Heat stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh left James on an island.
As the offseason approaches, do the Heat now have less than a "Big Three"? And with the emergence of Kawhi Leonard as NBA Finals MVP, do the Spurs now have a "Big Four"? Those questions and others are answered in this wide-ranging interview.
The San Antonio Spurs have now won five championships in 15 years.
With that in mind, are the Spurs a dynasty? Earlier this season, Phil Jackson said they were not.
During the 15-year run, the Spurs have not won back-to-back titles. However, does that negate them as a dynasty?
What are the legacies of Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich?
Duncan is considered the greatest power forward of all-time, but where does he rank amongst the best overall?
He made NBA history by becoming the first player to start on a championship team in three different decades.
Did Popovich secure his place on the Mount Rushmore of coaches?
Michael Scotto of SheridanHoops joined Yahoo! Sports Radio hosts Anthony Pepe and Mark Linehan to discuss San Antonio’s validity as a dynasty and the legacies of Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich.
The Cleveland Cavaliers hit the jackpot by leaving the NBA Draft Lottery with the No. 1 overall pick for the third time in four years.
What’s even more amazing than winning the lottery in three of four years? How about the fact that Cleveland’s “human luck charm,” Nick Gilbert, wasn’t in attendance as Joe Kotoch points out in his latest mock draft.
Will the No. 1 pick be enough to make a possible trade for Kevin Love and entice LeBron James to return to Cleveland as Chris Sheridan ponders in his latest column? Time will tell.
In the meantime, Mike Scotto of SheridanHoops joined Yahoo! Sports Radio and hosts Anthony Pepe and Mark Linehan to discuss the draft landscape and where the dominoes will ultimately fall.
So much for that sweep prediction I made in my playoff preview of the Indiana-Atlanta series. At least I wasn't alone.
Using 20-20 hindsight, I and many others should have seen this coming.
The Hawks and Pacers might be seeded on opposite ends of the spectrum, but they've been playing quite similarly, going 12-13 dating back to March 1st. Indiana was allowing a league-low 94.2 points per 100 possessions through February but that number has ballooned to 102.8 since the beginning of March.
And Roy Hibbert? Let's not forget that he was voted onto the Eastern Conference All-Star team by the other 14 Eastern Conference coaches -- all of whom would probably advise their GMs at this point that the 7-foot-2 center from Georgetown is not even worth pursuing in a trade.
Seriously, has any one player's stock fallen faster than Hibbert's?
A recap of all Saturday's action awaits you in this podcast with Adam the Bull on CBS Sports Radio.
What to make of the Pacers' come-from-behind vicory over the Miami Heat on Tuesday night. Well, for starters, it provided some validation for Indiana after their scintillating start to the season. showing that they have the goods (and the composure) to compete with the two-time defending champs.
But when will REAL validation come? How about a week from now when the two teams meet in Miami?
In this interview on the Big O show on AM640 in Miami, Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops discusses how much of a threat this version of the Pacers are to the Heat -- especially given the upgrades Indiana made in the offseason, but with the caveat that the return of Danny Granger could be a good thing or a bad thing now that Paul George has become to go-to guy in the rotation.
Other topics covered include the Rudy Gay trade, a gang member with face tattoos, and the effects of drinking too much cough syrup. Enjoy.
Not much is going well for the New York Knicks, who are heading into a back-to-back against the Detroit Pistons and Indiana Pacers. So what can be done about it? Is Steve Mills capable of making a deal that will turn this season around? Will Iman Shumpert be traded? (More details in this column.)
Michael Scotto of SheridanHoops discusses with Seth Everett of Fox Sports Radio, and he does not paint a pretty picture.
WWCD: What will Cleveland Do? Or what Will Chris Do?
Chris being Chris Grant, the GM of the Cleveland Cavaliers as they head into the 2013 draft with the No. 1 pick.
The Cavs are working the phones trying to trade the pick, but their asking price sems to high. So if they keep the pick, what will they do?
We have been saying for 10 days at SheridanHoops that they will select Alex Len of Maryland. Here is an explanation why he is a better fit for the Cavs than Nerlens Noel.
If the San Antonio Spurs win Game 2 in Miami, will the Heat be mental midgets for the quick turnaround to Game 3? No one has referred to them as mental midgets for about 53 weeks now. Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops discusses that factor and several other Game 1 breakdowns on this podcast from the Bob Valvano Show on ESPN 680 in Louisville.
Chris Sheridan joins 'The Eric Hasseltine Show' on ESPN in Memphis to talk about the Memphis Grizzlies.
Join Host Live Chats
- Bigfoot Hotspot (142 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (87 chatters)
- John Baptist (52 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (45 chatters)
- Straitway (40 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (22 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (21 chatters)
- Kinghuman (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (16 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (14 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (11 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (11 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (10 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (8 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (7 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (7 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (7 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (7 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (5 chatters)
- NDB Media (5 chatters)
- Black Author Network (5 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (5 chatters)
- PrismRadio (5 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (4 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (3 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (3 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (3 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Creative Consciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- Spirit Of A Dove Entrepreneurs (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- WORLD Change (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)
- world street hip hop (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Darryl James (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- About A Burning Fire (1 chatters)
- Natures Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (1 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- Oluwo Ogunbayo (0 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (0 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (0 chatters)
- WRTS Radio and TV (0 chatters)
- Y Yah (0 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (0 chatters)