SORT BY Relevancy
It’s no secret that spending habits in the black community are like none other. We are the most fashionable and materialistic people and it shows!! It shows in the lack of savings accounts, stocks and bonds and college funds amongst our people. Here are a few statics for you:
We make an estimated 156 shopping trips a year
We spend more on hair care and beauty aids than we do on grocery
We spend approximately $2 billion on athletic shoes
We spend approximately $3.7 billion on alcohol
We spend $600 million on fast food
This is just the surface of our spending habits and the main reason our savings accounts are lacking. Join my special guest LaKesha Womack and me as we discuss money management and tips on saving. If we know better we will do better. I have a few things to learn as well so let’s learn together with LaKesha!
LaKesha Womack has over 15 years of training, human resource management, business development, political consulting, brand management and strategic planning experience. Her previous position includes working as a Financial Advisor for Ameriprise Financial. LaKesha is also a published author of six books including Building a Brand Without Spending a Bundle, an interactive guide to creating an identity for your personal or professional brand.
Wale said it best in his song DC or Nothing "Got no fear in them officers, they be scared of them doctors, I'm aware that there's a problem, know Obama gon' stop it" We, as a black people, do not visit the doctor as often as we should. Why is that? Why does it appear that health is the only thing that scares us? Did President Obama provide a solution with Obamacare?
Join Adraine Conrad & myself as we discuss HEALTH IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY. Be sure to listen with pen and paper because we are providing you with exercise tips and small changes that you can make to improve your health!!
Adriane Conrad is the owner of A. Conrad Fitness in Baton Rouge, LA. She is also a personal trainer, mother of four, actress, model, photographer and screenwriter! Don't miss this show.
Statistics shows that 43% of black men between the ages of 25 - 34 are not married. Why is this? Do black men fear commitment?
Black love still exists but is it as strong today as it was yesterday? Is the "fear of commitment" just an excuse? How are these statics affecting the black family? I invite you all to join in on this juicy topic and let your voice be heard.
The Role Of The Woman would not be complete if we did not empower and inspire our woman to play their role. This segment is all about EMPOWERMENT!!
Join Uneeka Jay, Daniella Johnson and myself for Part 2 of The Role Of The Woman. Let us be the women God created us to be. We are discussing what it means to be a virtuous woman. Proverbs 31!!
You don't want to miss this empowerment session ladies!!
We had a great two part series discussing The Role Of The Man. Now it's time for the women. Join me and my special guests Daniella Johnson and Uneeka Jay as we discuss The Role Of The Woman on Tuesday, May 27th at 9:30 PM EST.
Are women playing their role? What is the woman's role? Do we still love, nurture and care for our children and families with the same values and morals as our mothers and grandmothers? Are careers becoming more important than taking care of home? Are we supporting our men or busy trying to be the man? Join in the discussion while we provide our answers to these questions and more.
We had such an amazing conversation on The Role of The Man - Part 1 that you can't miss Part 2 with my special guests Alfonzo Seward & Jermaine "Jay Everyday" Smith!
In Part 2's episode of The Role Of The Man we will focus on inspiring and encouraging our men to play their role. Life throws so many obstacles in this journey called life that we sometimes get off track. It's okay. It happens. Let's get refocused and back on track.
African Kings in order to reclaim your throne you must know AND play your role. African Queens in order for our Kings to play their role we need to FALL BACK into our role. Agree? Disagree? Let me hear your comments on the air! Tuesday, May 13th at 9:30 PM EST
When I think of the role of the man in a black family I immediately think of John Amos' character James Evans on Good Times. I loved his character and the strength he portrayed as the head of the household. Is that role still portrayed in the today's family? Do you feel the role of the man has shifted since the 70s? If so, how is this shift affecting our children?
Join my special guests and I as we discuss The Role Of The Man on Tuesday, April 29th at 9:30 PM EST. We want to hear from you so be sure to call in and voice your opinion.
The conversation will continue with Part 2 on Tuesday, May 13th at 9:30 PM EST.
Studies show that 89% of African Americans spank their children. We have the highest percentage of parents to spank their children with Hispanics following with 80%. Why are we more likely to spank our children? Is it a religious reason? (He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. Proverbs 13:24 KJV). Could it be tradition passed down from slavery? Or is it simply rooted out of fear that their child may become disobedient. Join in the conversation Tuesday, April 15th at 9:30 PM EST.
I would love to hear from parents that DO NOT spank. Call into the show!!
Death is calling me (Suicide and Salvation)
Hopelessness. Depression. Pain. Fear. These emotions and others lie to us – they tell us that death will end our struggle. The truth is that if we keep living and fight back that our very best days are ahead of us. Stories of turn around and triumph encourages us to live.
in Pop Culture
Prepare yourself for the greatest show that has ever aired. For years, Anthony & Gartiz have been debating their uniquely diverse views on everything and nothing at the same time. Now, you get to listen. Wrestling is still real to them, they listen to better rap than most, have a love/hate relationship with movies, and don’t worry about climate change because a super volcano is going to destroy everything. Their perspective on day-to -day happenings will change the way you look at life. Ranging from the funny to the serious and all the craziness in between…no topic is off limits.
Call any VOC Nation Radio Show live, toll free at 855-VOC-RADIO (855-862-7234).
Follow VOC Nation @vocnation
Visit VOC Nation on the web at http://vocnation.com, simulcast at http://thebradyhicks.com
The VOC Nation Radio Network traces its roots back to 2009 in Philadelphia. Bruce Wirt took over the afternoon shift on the Voice America Health and Wellness Network and proclaimed himself, “your new ‘Voice of Choice’ in afternoon radio.” The V-O-C in VOC Nation was born.
The VOC Nation Radio Network spun away from WNJC Phila in October 2012 and took to the “cloud”, using their solid fan base to instantly become one of the most listened to mediums on the Internet. In 2014, VOC Nation merged with Brady Hicks' IN THE ROOM Internet Radio Network, giving the combined medium over 50,000 monthly listeners.
VOC Nation Radio streams live programming 7 days a week, and has forged partnerships with BlogTalkRadio, Stitcher Internet Radio, Podomatic, iTunes, and GoDaddy to bring daily live entertainment and podcasts to listeners worldwide. VOC Nation has over 100,000 twitter followers and ranks in the top 1% of podcasts as ranked by Podomatic, and in the top 5% of streaming programming as ranked by Stitcher.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (61 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (60 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (19 chatters)
- in5d (18 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (17 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (15 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (13 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (12 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (11 chatters)
- King of All Trades Blog Talk (11 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (9 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- the klicious show (8 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (8 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (8 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (8 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- reactionariez (7 chatters)
- Rifleman (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (7 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (5 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (5 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (4 chatters)
- patriots united (4 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (4 chatters)
- Raw Sex (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Da Puter Shack Karaoke Radio (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (3 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (3 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (3 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- The JohnnyStormShow (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Relationships360 (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- COBASM Radio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- breezysays (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- The Brian and Sherri Show (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)