SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Who’s responsible for a child to learn math, reading, comprehension, writing and other fundamental skills? Is it the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian or the teacher? Do you think that they should share the responsibility? Yes, is the obvious answer, but is it really that simple? “It takes a village to raise a child.” In other words, it takes the encouragement from many individuals in a child’s life to assist them as they learn valuable social skills and strive to achieve academic success. After all, these children are our future, the future leaders of our world. Are we working together? Are we, teachers and parents, doing our part to help them become productive members of society?
Find past and up coming shows at:
WINSTON COUNTY SELF HELP COOPERATIVE
716 Old Robinson Road • Louisville, MS 39339
Phone: 662-779-2400 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When racers lock in a race and then default on it. What should happen to them? Would you lock in with them again?
in Self Help
Cultural Diversity and Business Leadership - Part 2
October 18, 2014 – Round Table Discussion @ 8 PM CDT
Major areas to be discussed:
1. Major Issues to consider for Workplace Diversity
2. Importance of Cross Cultural Communication
3. How Cultural difference affect business communication
4. Strategies for inter-cultural communication
5. Cultural differences in Leadership styles
6. Influence of Cultural competency on Leadership performance
7. Action steps to develop and Change the Culture of the Workplace.
Culture creates the foundation for strategy and will either be a company’s greatest asset or largest liability.
Human nature instinctively rejects change of any sort, even if the change will be beneficial in the long run.
To win the hearts and minds of your coworkers, as a Leader, you must be authentic and forthright about how you approach the creation of a new corporate culture.
Real Talk Live 216 Current Event Show will be discussing issues from Zack Reed Stop & Frisk Proposal, Ebola Virus, Voter ID Law, Social Media Prenup, I Phone 6, New Annie Movie, The Upcoming Movie Dear White People, Bay Village Ice Bucket Challenge, Kenya Moore, Neil Patrick Harris & Starbucks Coffee new wages & dres code and much more.
Join us as we bring real issues, real people, REAL TALK to you live and direct. Join us in our chat room and call in at (646) 929-0243 to share your thoughts
Live This Wednesday October 15, 2014
9:00pm- 10:00pm EST
Guest: Lillie Franks
Topic: Sisters in my Village
www.joettasportsandbeyond.com click on Radio
Call in number (646) 787-1680
To ask questions or make a comment
Live Every Wednesday
"Checking in with Joetta” is an interactive show that will provide informative conversations about topics such as health, education, finances, fitness, empowerment, sports, relationships, and motivational tactics. These topics will be discussed with business & financial leaders, educators, sports legends, entrepreneurs, health & wellness advocates and historical icons.
"Checking in with Joetta" will serve as a useful, informative and thought provoking resource for ALL adults, teens & children.
(646) 787-1680 to participate in the show.
Tough Talk with Tony Gambone and His Guest Christine Catoggio, Raj Chehl & Ariana Newcomer.
Christine is the owner of Successful Life Transitions, a Senior Care Management company. At Successful Life Transitions, she combines her extensive industry background with a sincere desire to help Seniors and their adult children of aging parents navigate the many challenges of the aging process.
Raj was born in a small village in the northern state of Punjab in India and moved to the United States when she was 7 years old. As a result of her father’s foreign service with the United Nations, Raj moved to Sudan and has traveled extensively throughout Africa, Europe and Asia.
Ariana teachs women entrepreneurs, leaders and change agents to speak with joy, power and confidence from their fully-aligned, authentic selves, so they can be truly heard & understood, get their message across, and create thriving businesses that change the world.
Dr. Ameena Ali, PhD, TN, CPS, CD-B/P, VLM
I am "Umme" to two beautiful, adult, girl-children; this Uni-versal permission to teach by example has led me to the fabulous mission to service Bellies everywhere! I come into this Art form with the hopes, desires and the fortitude to prevail in this purpose; to lead those I come in contact with the wisdom of my Ancestral Matriarchs and Earth-Mothers combined!
I bring these programs to the Village and welcome you to love this passion as much as I do and leave it enriched, prosperous and pregnant with bounty, enabling all Bellies to be empowered in their choices, options, roles rights and responsibilities for THEIR birth!
Dr. Ali's Website: Bellies of Grracee
Electronic CV: www.linkedin.com/in/amotherspeace
Susan Schafer, the education & volunteer coordinator for the City of Fort Collins Natural Areas will share some statistics on why children are at a crossroads right now between technology and experiences in nature. Learn why Susan is passionate about supporting children in nature based environments through many city based programs for parents and families. 6th Year Buell Fellows, Brett Dabb and Matthew Hebard, focused on the critical issue of connecting children with nature for their BECLP Capstone Project last year. Matthew Hebard, the Early Childhood System Manager at the Office of Early Childhood, will share his experiences with the Schlitz Audubon Society in Wisconsin and the Boulder Journey School in Colorado. Both Brett and Matt received partial funding from the Buell Leaders Network to continue their action research in July by attending the Forest Kindergarten teacher training at the Cedarsong Nature School in Washington. Thanks to the U.S. Forest Service and the Arbor Day Foundation, Brett and his team at Warren Village have been able to create beautiful nature based outdoor classrooms for all of their children. Please join these guests to hear more about the impact of nature deficiencies on children and how nature based learning is truly child directed and beneficial to all. The show is hosted by Linda Carlson, 5th year Buell Fellow and current steward for the Buell Early Childhood Leadership Network in addition to her job as a Quality Support Coach with the Larimer County Early Childhood Council.
Sherry L. Payne has a bachelors of nursing and a masters in nursing education. She is pursing midwifery education and works parttime as a seminar presenter and nurse educator. She is a lactation consultant and a certified nurse educator. Upon completion of her midwifery studies, she plans to open an urban prenatal clinic and birth center. Ms. Payne founded Uzazi Village, a nonprofit dedicated to decreasing health disparites in the urban core. She owns Perinatal ReSource an education, training and consulting firm. She is an editor for Clinical Lactation Journal, and sits on the board of CIMS, Coalition to Improve Maternity Services. She also sits on her local FIMR Board (fetal infant mortality review). She presents nationally on perinatal and nursing education issues. Her career goals include increasing the number of midwives of color and improving lactation rates in the African American community through published investigative research and application of evidence based clinical practice and innovation in healthcare delivery models.
in Self Help
Tina klonaris-Robinson welcomes Daniel Ukang to discuss The experience of The Lost Boys, living life as refugees in America.
Daniel Ukang, 34 years old is one of the famed lost boys of South Sudan who immigrated to San Diego California in 2001. He is currently the president of California Sudanese Lost boys and girls foundation based in San Diego and often shares his life stories and experiences with students across the America, bringing awareness of war and the impact it has on children. He is currently employed full time and lives with his wife and four children in San Diego California.
When Daniel Ukang was 7 years old, his village in South Sudan was raided and his family members were killed. Enduring years of fleeing war, illness, starvation and wild animals, he eventually reached Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya where he lived for 10 years experiencing deplorable conditions. In 2001, the US Government resettled 4,000 young boys from the camp to live in America. Daniel Ukang, was one of those boys. Join us as Daniel shares the difficulties he and the other young boys faced, living as a refugees in America.
Tina Klonaris Robinson is an inspirational writer, speaker, visionary, humanitarian and Founder of the Meah Foundation based in Nassau, Bahamas. themeahfoundation.org
“Hip Hop Unity & The Black Community” Does it really exist?
want to raise a question and concern to the conscious community "How does Hip Hop help and address the issue that plagues the black community? Since Hip Hop was birthed and born in the gutter of the ghetto then those who made it out of the gutter shouldn't forget where they came from be contributing back to the community where they from for the benefit of black unity and black families.
This will be our conscious topic this Sunday on
"The Afrikan Village Community Podcast" So don't hesitate to join us in a conscious discussion Ase. Toll free and as always it wont cost you a dime just a bit of your conscious time is all at 855-445-9340
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (129 chatters)
- John Baptist (97 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (42 chatters)
- NTEB (37 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (32 chatters)
- HOV Radio (30 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (20 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (20 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (17 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (15 chatters)
- The Inkwell (14 chatters)
- NDB Media (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (9 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (9 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (8 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (8 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (7 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (7 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (6 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (6 chatters)
- The Advise Show (6 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Medium David M Baker (5 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (5 chatters)
- H2O Netwo (5 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- spiritualactivists (3 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (3 chatters)
- NathanWalters95 (3 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Stay Bold Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- PWP Radio (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- Alis MEN Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- opposing the matrix (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- Hampton Blu Radio (0 chatters)
- Black Bombshell (0 chatters)