SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Sex addicts and their partners have a higher incidence of sexual abuse in their history. This can show up as trauma reenactment for the addict. Partners can often be magnetized to the addict because of their own sexual abuse in their past.
Listen as Carol the Coach interviews Catherine McCall who wrote the UK bestseller Never Tell A True Story of Overcoming a Terrifying Childhood. She not only tells her tale of trauma but she talks about how she recovered from the trauma and used it to become the woman she is today!
Sexual Addiction is a disorder that requires strategies to assist you in maintaining recovery. This show is to help you access the books, the experts and the people who are managing recovery with The 12 Step Program and Patrick Carnes Recovery Task Model that reinforces the steps you need to take to manage your recovery and take your life through the journey so that you not only conquer the "Addict" but develop into the person you were meant to be!
Carol the Coach is a Certified Sexual Addictions Therapist who is ready to take you on the journey and expose you to the experts who will guide you through the steps.
Sexual violence and child sexual abuse understandably affect the whole person, and those effects can strongly impact our sexuality. How we see our body and approach our relationships can unconsciously be dictated by our negative experiences for years or even lifelong. Experiencing bad feelings when touched, having difficulty becoming aroused, disassociating during times that are meant to grow intimacy, or engaging in inappropriate sexual behaviors are all common sexual symptoms of previous abuse. But there is great hope for healing! Knowing that you are not alone and that we CAN talk about sexual issues without shame might be the first step. Join Misa as she discusses the healing journey into sexual wholeness after abuse on Beyond Abuse Radio.
in Self Help
Do you feel worthless, undeserving, unfixable, or unlovable? Are you ready to let go of the pain of sexual abuse and finally feel normal?
If you are beyond sick and tired of feeling broken and burdened by the past, this month's show is for you. You will be taught the three steps you need to take in order to let go of the pain of childhood sexual abuse and finally feel normal. Rachel will also share with you her secret to becoming a "beyond survivor".
You will learn:
Why sexual abuse is akin to an unhealed wound and the steps required to heal that wound.
How your brain processes experiences and how this affects your thinking, feelings, and behavior.
To challenge the false beliefs that keep you disconnected from your genuine self.
To develop new ways of thinking in order to shift your focus, listen to yourself, and to use affirmations that really work.
3 steps, rooted in science, which will lead you out of the pain of abuse.
This show is perfect for you if: You are a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and are frustrated because it seems nothing you do is helping. You desire to reconnect to your genuine self in order to move on with your life and be the person you were meant to be.
*This show is pre-recorded so there will be no Q&A this month. Join me again live in April for more Real Talk with Rachel*
Sexual health is a key part of our identity as human beings, yet sexuality is an oft misunderstood concept. Definitions include topics such as avoiding sexually transmitted disease and unwanted pregnancies. We hear about mutual consent and work to eradicate sexual violence. But what does it really mean to be sexually healthy? Issues of body integrity and relationships are obvious pieces to the picture but we must also consider communication, self-worth, values, trauma history, and spirituality to get the whole enchilada. Join us as Pat Lindstrom, LMFT and sexuality specialist, helps us to navigate the waters to define sexual wholeness.
DEBBIE ROBERTS wrote and published her first full colour magazine at age eight, well actually she copied the unrecognizable words from an Encyclopaedia, drew the pictures with crayons and bound the book together with ribbon. Since then, her writing skills have improved somewhat, and she likes to think her artistic ability has as well. Debbie finally completed grade twelve at age thirty and earned diplomas in both article writing and horticulture.
Born in Burnaby BC, Canada she has lived in Kelowna with her husband for the last 28 years. If she’s not volunteering for Elizabeth Fry or painting yet another landscape, you can find her sitting in the garden contemplating which weed to pull next.
Web site: www.endingsilence.shawwebspace.ca
FB Page: www.facebook.com/endingsilence
Book title if Applicable: Ending Silence: Child Sexual Abuse in Plain Sight
Abusive behavior in relationships is a common problem. This series on such behaviors will help you to evaluate the abuse level in your past or present relationship.
Abuse is any behavior that is designed to control and subjugate another human being through the use of fear, humiliation, and verbal or physical assaults.
Day 3: Sexual Abuse
Sexual abuse refers to any action that pressures or coerces someone to do something sexually they don't want to do. Sexual abuse is unwanted sexual activity, with perpetrators using force, making threats or taking advantage of victims not able to give consent.
Day 4: Using Children As A Weapon
Using your children against you as a means to get you to do something that you wouldn’t usually want to do; to manipulate you and control you.
Day 5: Physical Abuse
Physical abuse is an act of another party involving contact intended to cause feelings of physical pain, injury, or other physical suffering or bodily harm. The root cause of emotional and psychological difficulties later in later are often attributed to physical abuse.
If you are concerned about your relationship please seek local professional assistance.
Bennet's computer was down so we missed this show, so we are having it again--hopefully we wont have technical difficulties this time
One in every five girls and one in every twenty boys is sexually abused. For both genders, this abuse most often occurs between the ages of seven and thirteen. The majority of the time children are abused by someone they know: a father, a brother, a neighbor or babysitter. It can be a one-time incident or it can be repetitive over the course of years.
Tonight noted author of Create Your Personal Sacred Text: and noted marriage & family therapist,Bobbi Parish join Huffington Post Columnist Rachel Thompson andf Writer/critic Bennet Pomerantz about SURVING SEXUAL ABUSE
Bobbi's web site...http://www.iamresplendent.com/2014/01/survivors-of-sexual-abuse-chat.html
in Self Help
Tonight our broadcast on the Generation No More discussion will be looking into the dark reality of Child Sexual Abuse. This is a show important whether you work with children or are just a concerned adult who wants to know more about the dangers of this very silent crime. We begin at 9pm eastern/ 8pm central/ 6pm pacific time. Our call in number is 347-215-7754 for your questions, comments, shares. You can also connect with many others by signing into blogtalk with any social ID to join in our chatroom commentary during every broadcast.
What is child sexual abuse? Most of us can answer this with the response of Molestation or ANY sexual contact with a child under the age of 18. Do you know however that this is a crime? Do you know what behaviors to watch for in those young children who are unable to tell us what's going on? Do you understand how to bring about conversation with a young child about sexual abuse? Do you know what Pedophiles and Predators look for in their victims?
These are many of the topic points shared on our website to help you spot and rescue a victim. Tonight we are talking about this live with you, in massive detail, so that you will be better prepared to spot harm to your child or perhaps a child next door, down the street, or in your classroom.
We strive to bring you the very best of our broadcasting and hope to encourage your interest and live participation during the shows. Our archives are always available to listen at your convenience, however with live shows you also get the pleasure of connecting with many others in the mission of protecting our children, giving them a better world tomorrow, being their voice and strong advocates within your homes, communities, schools.
This is a broadcast of Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery. Our shows are not intended as any form of legal or psychological professional help. We highly recommend seeking counseling and/or legal advocacy when abuse happens.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (143 chatters)
- John Baptist (104 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (52 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (39 chatters)
- RCRadio (33 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- DDP Radio (26 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (25 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (22 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (22 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (16 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (15 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (15 chatters)
- David and Wes (15 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (13 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (9 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (9 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (8 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- 12kyle (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- Tarvino (5 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (4 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (4 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- Progressive Talking People (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- THE BULLY BLOCK NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- LineaLove Show (1 chatters)
- HeliOSoul (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Legendary Forever Ent Radio (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (1 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (1 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)