SORT BY Relevancy
We are now down to the last two episodes of Seaweed the Superfood with Scott Kennedy, Founder of FarmASea.com and SeaVeg. This week's show will be about the medicinal values of Seaweed. We will be playing some testimonials, reviewing the healing benefits of SeaWeed, and going deeper into the healing qualities of seaweed.
Our guest this morning is Valerie Hill – the Administrative Director and Education Specialist for the Roundhouse Aquarium in Manhattan Beach.
Valerie began working at the Roundhouse in 2003 as a volunteer. She moved her way up to paid part time staff and became the Co-director in 2007. Valerie handles administration and is the chief grant writer for the Aquarium, enabling the staff to teach classes to school children. Valerie studied phytoplankton at California State University, Long Beach where she earned her Master’s degree in 2008. Phytoplankton and seaweed remain her favorite topics to teach at the Roundhouse and she loves sharing her passion for the ocean with students and visitors at the Aquarium.
The Roundhouse has several upcoming events and Valerie is going to tell us all about them.
To Find Out More about Jackie Balestra visit
To Find Out More Your Host, Joe Terry visit
On Facebook at ...
Over the next 10 weeks on Wednesday's, I will be doing interviews with Scott Kennedy, Founder of FarmASea.com and SeaVeg. The purpose of the ten part series is to dig deeper into the benefits of seaweed, how it is a superfood that is on our planet put their by the creator to help us heal ourselves.
We will be talking about the history of seaweed, what the health industry doesn't want you to know, the day to day life of a seaweed farmer, habits of everyday people and how it is affecting their health, and more.
Today's show we will be focusing on the history of seaweed. Where does it come from? When did people first start using it as a benefit for their health, and more so be sure to tune in for part 1 of Seaweed Gone Wild.
TERRON BROOKS is an accomplished singer/songwriter/actor who has a passion for sharing his gift of music with the world. Born and raised in Southern California, Mr. Brooks has had the pleasure of performing with many amazing artists as Stevie Wonder, Josh Groban, David Foster, Randy Jackson, Stephanie Mills, Peter Cetera, Lizz Wright, Yolanda Adams, Sheila E., and Michael Jackson. He has toured with Phil Collins (Going Back Tour) and Matthew Morrison from GLEE.(Opening Act for The New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys Tour) Terron has sung with artists on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and American Idol. His universal appeal has led him to stages all across the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Terron is a Broadway performer who has been seen as “Simba” in Disney’s The Lion King and “Seaweed” in Hairspray. He was also featured in the World Premieres of Sleepless in Seattle: The Musical and First Wives Club: The Musical. Mr. Brooks has been featured on numerous film and TV soundtrack albums including Hairspray(New Line), Tears From The Sun(Sony), The Adventures of Brer Rabbit (Universal), and ABC’s Gepetto. As a guest artist for the Atlanta, Colorado, and Taiwan Symphony Orchestras, Terron has sung the classic songs of Disney.
Not only did Mr. Brooks star in the hit romantic comedy All About You with Debbie Allen and Renee Elise Goldsberry, he co-wrote its theme song as well as contributed his originals to the movie soundtrack, produced by Rickey Minor. His vocals are featured on six songs from Smokey Robinson's latest record, Smokey and Friends.
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Fiona Hamersley Chambers. Fiona is an ethnobotanist whose research focuses on how northwest coast First Peoples managed and co-evolved with their plant resources. Her PhD work, which is supervised by internationally-acclaimed ethnobotanist Dr. Nancy Turner, on BC’s central coast investigates how key berry plants were in cultivated and owned in ‘gardens’. Ultimately, the hope is for this applied research to act as a link between traditional knowledge and practice and the needs of First Nations communities as well as our larger society today. Fiona is a long-time organic farmer and commercial seed grower specializing in organically-grown and locally-adapted food plants. Fiona spent her childhood in the First Nations communities of Nitnaht Lake and Penelakut Island, where she maintains close ties. She also volunteers her time to help communities create food gardens.
this weeks Q&A includes:
• symptoms of panic and heart attack are the same- motherwort tincture for panic attack- the lion hearted...
• chickweed tincture dissolves ovarian cysts...
• after surgery, what can you do to make it up to your body? massage...
• wild yam tea or tincture is specific for treating digestive problems having to do with gallbladder complaints..
• difference of making tinctures from fresh and dried plants- dried and powdered herbs release more poisons into alcohol...
• essential oils kill bacteria and once introduced into the environment they do not go away...
• food not supplements!!!
• no such thing as whole food vitamins!
• no increase of mercury or radioactivity in seaweed...
• do not use french press when making infusions..
• stage 4 mouth cancer...
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Sarah Salter-Kelly. Your ability to feel powerful, confident and capable is linked to how we have resolved the deeply painful experiences in our lives. We create value and meaning through venturing into the depths of our pain, transcending fear and making ourselves available to change. My gifts lay in illuminating this source of conflict within, and transforming its bondage, through understanding, compassion and ceremony. Sarah's website is http://www.sarahsalterkelly.com
this episode Q&A includes:
• one can be healthy when diagnosed with cancer and have no symptoms...
• prostate cancer- if you act within two weeks of dianosis, you will regret it- survival rates of those with prostate removed- no best answer- chemo, radiation- close monitoring- drink nourishing herbal infusions..
• breast cancer and prostate cancer are basically the same thing...
• breast cancer- phytosterols, estrogenic chemicals found in the environment, approximately 30 estrogens found in a woman's body...
• estrogens are not found in plants except estrace in orange peels, pomegranate seeds and young green beans...
• plastic has much more cancer feeding estrogens than any plant...
• radiation protection- cooked red and orange vegetables and seaweed..
• be sure to buy only cultivated american ginseng- on United Plant Savers list of endangered plants..
• can't stand the taste of infusions- find a way to like them...
• life isn't about making excuses, it's about finding ways to do it...
• no essential oils on breasts- lots of infused oil suggestions...
• cayenne oil- no healing from cayenne...
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Connie Whitman. Connie Whitman has more than 32 years of management, sales, training and coaching experience. She is widely recognized for her ability to create practical training and sales management solutions that have consistently generated increased sales and revenues for her clients. During her career, she has acted as a strong leader and sales manager with proven experience in developing effective business plans, creating long-range strategic focus and devising innovative methods to grow sales, increase market share and profit.
this episode Q&A includes:
• fenugreek- uses and how to prepare..
• freeze or cook fruit to prevent glucose levels from rising too high..
• uncircumcised child with infection- witch hazel, yarrow, echinacea..
• altitude sickness- are you eating enough meat? osha carries oxygen to cell- take in very small amounts..
• not against drugs in any shape or form- against overuse of drugs..
• strokes, blood clots, aspirin, white willow..
• making dandelion atilano..
• tight hips- hydrotherapy, seaweed baths, hypericum..
• wanting to complete miscarriage at home..
• cervical cancer- chemo and radiation may be the best option..
• chinese herbs are grown with a huge amount of chemicals and when tested often times contain drugs not labeled..
• PCOS- most important thing is to eat animal fat at every meal..
• pomegranate seeds..
This week's show we will be discussing how pharmaceuticals came into being during the industrial revolution, and how they have evolved into what they are today.
We will also be talking about your blood , your inner ocean, and how seaweed is the perfect food and man's salvation!
lOver the next 10 weeks on Wednesday’s Heal Yourself Talk Radio Show, I will be doing interviews with Scott Kennedy, Founder of FarmASea.com and SeaVeg. The purpose of the ten part series is to dig deeper into the benefits of seaweed, how it is a superfood that is on our planet put their by the creator to help us heal ourselves.
We will be talking about the history of seaweed, what the health industry doesn’t want you to know, the day to day life of a seaweed farmer, habits of everyday people and how it is affecting their health, and more.
Scott Kennedy, Founder and President of FarmaSea Health LLC, is back on Heal Yourself Talk Radio this week for a follow up interview from his interview two weeks ago.
We will be discussing shortly the benefits of seaweed, and what I have been noticing for the past 7 days of using the Seaweed. I have some exciting findings to share with you!
Then we have a HUGE announcement to make that will be happening over the upcoming weeks…
Stay tuned as we delve more into Seaweed, and just what this “weed” can do for our bodies.
Scott Kennedy may be contacted through his company FarmaSea® Health via website www.farmasea.com Email: email@example.com.
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Ethnobiologist Marc Williams. Marc has taught hundreds of classes and thousands of folks about plants, humans other life forms and their interface. His training includes a B.A. in Environmental Studies/Sustainable Agriculture and a M.A in Appalachian Studies/Sustainable Development. He is the Executive director of Plants and Healers International and has spent over 15 years working at various restaurants, farms, and travels throughout 24 countries in North/Central America and Europe and all 50 of the United States.
this episode Q&A includes:
• thyroid, parathyroid, PH, calcium, lemon balm, seaweed..
• increase vitamin e in the diet with extra virgin olive oil..
• motherwort increases the number of small blood vessel around the heart and uterus and possibly other place in the body too..
• red clover helps blood to flow..
• sores that do not heal in the groin area and DES daughters..
• phytolacca americana...
• toenail fungus- no oil of oregano!! soak feet in anti fungal- salt water, horsetail, black walnut...
• supplements are drugs and Susun never recommends supplements..
• halotosis- causes- dandelion, slippery elm..
Scott Kennedy, from FarmASea.com, will be finishing up his talk about the Industrial Revolution from then till today and how what we thought at the time would be better for us is really harming us. Then Scott will be talking about Genetic Engineering and how companies as he says “Want to get their hands into your genes” and how we are blindly letting them. Doctors are not our salvation, we are our salvation. We need to learn to take time and do research on our own health, and take steps that put our health back into our own hands!
There is a solution! We can regenerate our lives and have a better future. Tune in as Scott goes more into these topics.
Scott Kennedy, Founder of FarmASea.com and SeaVeg. The purpose of the series is to dig deeper into the benefits of seaweed, how it is a superfood that is on our planet put their by the creator to help us heal ourselves.
Join Host Live Chats
- Awakenings with Michele Meiche (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Help4HD (2 chatters)
- The Spiritual Concepts Show (2 chatters)
- The Tracy Fort Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- the Perception Deception Show (1 chatters)
- BITEradio me (1 chatters)
- Cosmic Philosopher (1 chatters)
- GatewoodsLegacyRadio (0 chatters)