SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Michael Gelb is an innovator in airway, breathing, sleep, and painful TMJ disorders pioneering Airway Centric. Dr. Gelb has studied early intervention for sleep disordered breathing (SDB) specializing in how it relates to fatigue, focus, pain, and the effects all of these can have on family health. The Gelb Center offers advanced headache treatment in its New York and White Plains offices.
Shirley Gutkowski talks to Dr. Michael Gelb about how sleep apnea increases inflammation. As we know, inflammation contributes or causes vascular and arterial plaque formation causing widespread issues from neuropathy to stroke. And that short list leaves off issues too numerous to list.; plus the list grows nearly every day.
Dr. Michael Gelb is an innovator in airway, breathing, sleep, and painful TMJ disorders pioneering Airway Centric.™ Dr. Gelb has studied early intervention for sleep disordered breathing (SDB) specializing in how it relates to fatigue, focus, pain, and the effects all of these can have on family health. Dr. Gelb received his D.D.S. degree from Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery and his M.S. degree from SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He is the former Director of the TMJ and Orofacial Pain Program at the NYU College of Dentistry and is currently Clinical Professor in the Department of Oral Medicine and Pathology at the NYU College of Dentistry. He has pioneered a new paradigm in preventive public healthcare named Airway Centric™. He was awarded Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain in 1995.
This week, Debra Ruh is here to share her inspiring perspective on her own journey to achieve social good through her company, TecAccess. TecAccess is an SBA 8(a) Certified, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), and Woman-Owned Company that has become the global leader in E&IT accessibility solutions that specializes in Web and IT Accessibility, Section 508 compliance, and W3C standards.
But that’s not all. TecAccess has a unique advantage of evaluating technology from the perspective of their actual target audience because its workforce is composed of the very individuals for whom Section 508 was designed – people with disabilities.
Debra’s dream derives from her beautiful daughter Sara, who has Down’s syndrome. When Sara entered middle school, Debra realized that her daughter’s employment opportunities were bleak. At 13 years of age, Sara´s reading and math skills were still at a kindergarten level. Drawing upon a long and successful career in information technology, Debra´s entrepreneurial instincts kicked into overdrive and she created an IT company that hired mainly persons with disabilities — not only mild disabilities, but also severe disabilities.
Today, Debra´s dream has become a reality. TecAccess now has over 45 associates with disabilities ranging from developmental to physical. To say that TecAccess is a diverse company is an understatement: there are associates with cerebral palsy, brain injury, quadriplegia, diabetes, bipolar disorder, macular degeneration, visual impairment, blindness, and hearing loss — just to name a few.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (21 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (10 chatters)
- NLPI RADIO USA KURT LOGSDON (8 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (6 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (6 chatters)
- WinningSolutionsforIndigos (6 chatters)
- Sharry Edwards (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- Heart Centered Loving (3 chatters)
- Christian Devotions Speak UP (3 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (2 chatters)
- dijones247 (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Red River Radio (2 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (2 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (2 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- Transition Radio (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)
- The K Factor (1 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (1 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Jesus Is The Word (1 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (1 chatters)