SORT BY Relevancy
Rapid expansion in adoptions and use of mobile devices in schools has the potential to impact almost every aspect of education. A new report, "Mobile Technology for K-12 Education," sponsored by mobile learning company, Amplify, and conducted by education market research experts at IESD, reveals details about the current status of mobile technology in our schools. The question is, what are publishers and developers who serve the school market doing in terms of their product marketing plans and their sales approaches as we move away from the a textbook centric K-12 sales environment to an environment where smartphones, tablets, and other mobile computing devices are the primary delivery envelope? Host Glen McCandless asks K-12 market researcher, Jay Sivin-Kachala, of IESD, to provide his perspective.
Employers are not the only ones demanding social media passwords – schools are doing so too. There has been lots of media attention about this – resulting in a surge of legislative activity on the issue. In Illinois, a new law went into effect this year allowing school officials to have access to passwords to students’ social media accounts in certain situations. The concern, of course, is how this impacts a student’s right to privacy under the Constitution and state laws. This podcast with Kelly Anderson will explore the new law and how it could affect your children.
WHAT'S GOING ON IN PHILADELPHIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS. IS SCHOOL CHOICE THE ANSWER ?
Starlee Coleman formerly of The National Public Charter Schools Association has set me up with Bob Bowdon who is an expert on school choice and runs "Choice Media' and we are going to discuss the stae of Philly and I don't mean Pennsylvania. I'm a K-12 grad of Philly Public Schools and we'll get some good insights from Bob.
Every year a special group of schools convene to showcase their schools for children with special needs.
One of the hardest things as a parent isfinding the "right school". Althoough the options have grown in the past 10 years, the business of specialing in special needs has been historically EXCEPTIONAL.
Come to the Fair.....
Exceptional Schools Fair
American University Katzen Center on
Sunday, November 16th, 2014.
11:am - 1:00 pm
There is a white male, maybe more than one abducting little black girls in Minneapolis. Co-host Ronald A. Edwards called the Minneapolis Public Schools and asked why an “AMBER ALERT” or “ROTO-CALL” was not done. School officials said it did not meet the threshold. The Minneapolis and St. Paul Public Schools have failed children of color one to many times. Join us as we talk about education, some history about Minnesota and current events.
Welcome to Beauty Chat radio.
9:15 PM EST ,Guest this evening Khadijah Davies Muhammad from #Hollywoodteam
Questions of the evening
Do you think its fair you have to pay 1000's of dollars in addition to these schools for a refresher course?
Do you think the test is too hard?
Should there be a requirement for GED ?
What steps do you take after you fail the test???
What to be a guest or a sponsor? Contact Rosa at www.rosasresources.biz
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TROLLS ON THE "FERGUSON-ST.LOUIS" ARTICLE COMMENT BOARDS?....WRITING HORRIFIC, RACIST, AND PATHETIC RESPONSES!
FIND OUT ON!!!!!!!!!
ON "TRUTH HEALS"
30 minutes of nothing but the truth.....the whole truth.......share it....speak it....hear it......
Please call in @347-237-5247 for comments and questions.
Stay True and Be Blessed
Do you know how powerful you are?
If you know, do you really believe?
There is a difference between intellectually knowing something and actually believing it to be true. Our minds can and do influence us and can affect great changes in our bodies and in our circumstances. Words and thoughts, affirmations and positive thinking can influence our sub-conscious mind and begin to change our vibration, raising it higher so that we can become more attuned to blessings in our lives - attracting more and more of what we desire.
Believing in your power means you have, all the way into your total being, accepted and "bought into" what your mind understands. The action of Intention moves from the sub-conscious mind to the Super-conscious Mind which works on a totally different level to "move mountains" so that your goals, dreams and visions can take root in the fertile soil of the physical realm and grow into being.
What do you want in your life? What images represent your dreams? What words inspire you to move forward? Capture them with a vision board. Get clear about your goals, your hopes and your vision for your life. Make the connection to turn your dreams into reality every day. Visit us at www.talknangels.com for more information
THE NATIONAL ALLIANCE OF PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOLS
THE HIGH QUALITY OF AMERICA'S CHARTER SCHOOLS
We welcome Nina Rees, President and CEO of the Alliance.
Presented by Triumph Learning
National Conflict Resolution Day was October 16th.
On Today's Episode, you will meet…Ken Johnson. We will discuss current issues of student conflict, performance, and behavior in the school system.
Unbroken Circles for Schools, deals with issues of student conflict, performance, behavior, etc. in the school system. In America we arrest over 2 million juveniles a year. Florida is a top arrester of children with 58 thousand being taken into custody every year . . . most tried on felony and misdemeanor charges for rather trivial offenses that no adult would ever be charged with. The #1 reason an incarcerated person leaves a juvenile detention facility is to be transported to an adult prison to finish out the rest of their sentence.
Ken Johnson is a culturist and conflict dynamics specialist with over 16 years experience in the criminal justice system and previous teaching experience. Starting college at the age of 16, he holds a BA in Social Sciences from the University of West Florida and an MBA from Saint Leo University.
He serves as the Principal Chief of the Florida Tribe of Cherokee Indians, has served on numerous government boards, and was commissioned by the Governor of Kentucky as a Colonel. His op-ed pieces on culture and conflict have been featured worldwide and he was even asked to be a contributor to a UN paper on conflict issues in Africa.
Continuing on with our discussion about the age-old fight regarding religion being allowed in public schools. The lines of freedom of religion are seriously crossed if a ban is approved, as it protects those who choose no religion against those who have one they practice. But is the problem in the invasion of public rights of Americans, or is it the government's interference into our private ones? With the double-edged swords of free access to sexual activity, contraception, abortion, child protective services and adult driver's licenses without a parent's consent, while still holding the parents of underage children accountable for the messes these government-sanctioned permissions create...could the confusion of the Catch 22 be the root problem? Join in tonight at 10:30 by calling347-327-9967
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (97 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (29 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (24 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- Straitway (20 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (18 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (8 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (7 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (6 chatters)
- EmpowerYOU Radio (6 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (5 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (5 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (3 chatters)
- The War Room (3 chatters)
- Pundit Press (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- Rifleman (2 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (2 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (2 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (2 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart Ministries (2 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Painters Dream Productions (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- Impact Media (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Curvy Metalhead Show (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Spirit of 76 Remedy (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- TRUradio (1 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment (0 chatters)
- ALLFACTS IS BACK (0 chatters)