SORT BY Relevancy
There has been a lot of talk over the years about the school to prison pipeline and how students as young as third grade are not only written off but prepared for juvenile centers and prison.
We will touch on the school to prison pipeline that sociologists, psychologists and others have been speaking about for so many years, and how it is affecting today's students, particularly children with autism and other disabilities in our schools.
Do you have (or know of someone who has) a child with a disability who has been threatened with arrest or abused at school?
In this episode we will evaluate the School to Prison Pipeline and its impact on the home, school, community and church. A solution oriented discussion will provide listeners with opportunities to develop a diversity perspective and create a plan of action to implement culturally responsive teaching. In order to dismantle the School to Prison Pipeline it is imperative that all stack holders engage in culturally responsive practices.
in Real Estate
In this podcast we shall take a look at the "school to prision pipeline" and will soon see that school not only has a direct pipeline to prison, but we shall make people aware of the "other" pipelines that are connected to the school system and how those pipelines are a means for someone to steal your home.
Tribes of Aboriginal Nations Outreach Blogtalk Radio
Welcome to The Round Table.
As promised we will continue talks about the school-to-prison pipeline. It's of extreme important that we understand what is happening within the system we call education. As our offspring continue to be the target to destroy we have to be in position to protect!
Videos- (copy and paste in browser)
OUR COMMON GROUND with Janice Graham
"BLACK AMERICA: A STATE OF EMERGENCY"
Guest Co-Host: Dr. Byron E. Price
A leading scholar in the field of prison privatization, he is the author of the book, Merchandizing Prisoners: Who Really Pays for Prison Privatization published by Praeger Publishers in March 2006 and the coedited 3-volume set entitled “Prison Privatization: A Controversial Industry” by Praeger Publishers, September 2012.
THE SCHOOL-TO-PRISON PIPELINE
Tonight: YOUR LOCAL EFFORTS
PLANNING AND PROTEST
STOP TALK and START ACTING
How you can begin to challenge the damaging policies and programs which feed into the school to prison pipeline for children in your community.
ALTERNATIVE, ACTIVIST EMPOWERMENT TALK RADIO
URBAN PROGRESSIVE independent talk radio
"Of the Race and For the Race"
Twitter @JaniceOCG #TalkthatMatters
About Us www.ourcommongroundtalk.wordpress.com
Program Information and Profiles www.ourcommonground.ning.com
in Real Estate
House Jacked via The School System
How People Can Steal Your House Using Academic Education
There seems to be a direct connection between the school system, the social services pipeline, and prision pipeline. We shall take a look at the educational system and what proactive steps that we can take to dismantle the from school to social services and prison pipeline.
School to Social Services Pipeline (females)
School to Prison Pipeline (males)
School to Rent Court Pipeline (families)
School to Forclosure Pipeline (families)
School to Family Court Pipeline (familes)
School to Domestic Violence Pipeline (relationships)
Mis-education is the cause and pipeline distinctions are the effect.
In this episode we will discuss the school to prison pipeline. Students are funneled through this system because of a disconnect between the home, school and community. Educators, parents, and community members are challenged by this epidemic, and are searching for answers to resolve it.
Join MsBlue & Dr. Umar Johnson A preview of the 2014 School to Prison Pipeline: Public School Shutdowns & G.E.D Upgrades.
Dr. Umar Johnson, is a Black Psychologist and National Certified School Psychologist.
Dr. Umar Johnson is former Minister of Education for the Marcus Garvey Movement, the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League. Umar is a writer, political scientist, and consultant to families, educators, mental health professionals and charter schools throughout the country. Umar currently hosts a psycho-educational community lecture series at the African-American Museum in Philadelphia.
Contact Dr. Umar Johnson: ?email@example.com | DrUmarJohnson.Com
Contact MsBlue: question4blue(@)gmail com
Know Your Magic Audio Workbook: www.msblueblast.com
Know Your Magic Orcale Deck: www.msblueblast.com/theremix
On this episode, Sarah Biehl, Policy Director of the Children's Defense Fund - Ohio, discusses the problem known as the school-to-prison pipeline. She talks about the current data, policies that contribute to the phenomenon, and promising practices aimed at dismantling the pipeline.
Law students, Brandi Bullock and Joshua Byrd want to do something to curtail the high incidence of students of color entering the criminal justice system.
They believe all to often, schools rely on law enforcement, rather than teachers and administrators, to handle minor school misconduct. The pair, both in their final year of law school, have decided to produce a documentary on the subject of what many now refer to as the "School to Prison" pipeline.
The "School to Prison" pipeline is a disturbing national trend wherein children are funneled out of public schools and into the juvenile and criminal justice systems. Many of these children have learning disabilities or histories of poverty, abuse or neglect, and would benefit from additional educational and counseling services. Instead, they are isolated, punished and pushed out. "Zero-tolerance" policies criminalize minor infractions of school rules, while high-stakes testing programs encourage educators to push out low-performing students to improve their schools' overall test scores. Students of color are especially vulnerable to push-out trends and the discriminatory application of discipline.
Tune in to the People's Studio to find out why Bullock and Byrd believe the "School to Prison" pipeline is one of the most important civil rights challenges facing our nation, and why they believe their documentary will make a difference.
More and more studies have proved that the United States Department of Education sytsem is designed to place the majority fo African American males in the custody of the state. It is a slave mentality that has been the driving forces to have cheap labor for the major manufactures and big wealthy businesses. Join us to discuss just how they are doing it and getting away with it.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (152 chatters)
- John Baptist (107 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (60 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (38 chatters)
- RCRadio (31 chatters)
- DDP Radio (27 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (25 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (21 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (21 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (19 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- David and Wes (14 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (14 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (14 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (8 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (5 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- Progressive Talking People (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (1 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (1 chatters)
- LineaLove Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- HeliOSoul (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)