SORT BY Relevancy
Join Dr. Mike Robinson, host of Parent Talk Live as he welcomes Dr. Jonathan Cohen, Co-Founder and President of the National School Climate Center, located in New York. Dr. Cohen will provide his views on how schools and school districts can re-establish a positive and healthy school culture after a tragedy”
Dr. Cohen is also an Adjunct Professor in Psychology and Education at Teachers College, Columbia University; Adjunct Professor in Education at the School of Professional Studies, City University of New York and a practicing clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst.
Dr. Cohen has worked in and with K-12 schools for over thirty years as a teacher, program developer, school psychologist, consultant, psycho-educational diagnostician and mental health provider. After working as a middle school teacher at the Marianne Frostig Center for Educational Therapy in Los Angeles, he received his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the City University of New York, New York, New York and completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychology (1979-1980) at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center as well as at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, New York, N.Y.
For more information on Dr. Jonathan Cohen or the National School Climate Center visit www. http://schoolclimate.org/index.php
In today's show, Dr. Perkins will discuss his framework for improving school experiences around the globe. Over the last 15 years, Dr. Perkins has traveled extensively discussing school climate and educational contexts. He is a respected expert on educational design and innovation and has been a consultant in the Republic of South Africa, Brazil, China and Thailand. Listen in today and hear about how and why educational professionals have and should work to provide dynamic educational settings where children can experiment and grow.
Parents who advocate for education reform may sometimes find themselves at odds with school administrators, some of whom parent activists may be blaming for low student academic performance. When a parent dares to speak out against what the parent believes are harmful policies or practices in the school, does that parent and that parent's child get targeted for retaliation by school officials. Bogan High School LSC Parent Leader Reva Brown shares her story and raises questions about the rights of parents to stand up to school officials when they believe their children are being deliberately denied a good education.
There is much discussion about the role that mental health issues have played in schools and communities that have been impacted by recent college campus shootings and other school shootings.
On this week's Know-It-All: The ABCs of Education, join us for an informative conversation with George Washington University Associate Professor of Counseling, Dr. Sam Steen. School counselors address mental health issues that arise and also support students' healthy social, emotional, and academic development.With his expertise and research on group counseling, Dr. Steen has identified key counseling strategies, particularly group counseling, that can produce positive outcomes for individuals inside schools and in communities as a whole. Dr. Steen will share with us his enlightening perspective on the benefits and necessity of having counselors and other mental health professionals in the school environment.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which creates education equity plans and promotes equity in education.
Jim ‘rezn8d’ Lee will be hosting the show along with the Climate Viewer News team and some very special guests. Climate Viewer Radio will be an hour and a half of our unique perspectives on climate change, pollution, and privacy. The first hour of CV Radio is dedicated to current events, guest interviews, and general shenanigans, and the final 30 minutes is reserved for you. We look forward to answering your questions, resonating your solutions, or allowing you to briefly rage.
The focus of Climate Viewer News and CV Radio is to empower activists with diligent research, cutting-edge technology, and pragmatic solutions. We seek to find consensus among the vigilant souls fighting for our rights and tracking technologies’ impact on our environment. “Those who love peace must learn to organize as effectively as those who love war.” Climate Viewer News is a vehicle built specifically for this purpose and Climate Viewer Radio will be our bullhorn. Please join the discussion each Sunday on Freedomizer Radio.
We are Change Radio
Uniting the People against our common enemy, waking up the world one lost soul at a time.
Call in and join us - 347.324.3704
Join our live chat and listen at FreedomizerRadio.com
While back-to-school spending is projected to increase this year, psychologist, Dr.Trevicia Williams explains the hidden things that parents need to provide teens for back to school success. According to Mental Health America, 60% of 8-11 year olds and 56% of 12-15 year olds say they learn "a lot" from their mothers about sensitive issues.
A healthy parent child relationship also improves academic success, helps to prevent risky behaviror and reduces likelihood teen pregnancy. According to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancies, "Teens say parents most influence their decisions about sex and 87% say it would be much easier for them to postpone sex and avoid teen pregnancy if they were able to have more open, honest conversations about these topics with their parents."
Many parents look forward to the sales tax holiday each year. While cutting back is a splendid idea when it comes to shopping, investing in intangibles such as the parent-child relationship is essential for success at home and school. That's why a free back to school fair with special attention the the mother daughter (10-18) relationship: Real Beauty Inside Out: I A Mother Daughter Experience featuring the fun interactive seminar: I Love You But I Can't Stand You Right Now (TM) ($20 for seminar admits 1 mother and 1 daughter) will be held Saturday, August 16th at Brookhaven College in Dallas, Texas and Saturday, September 13th at the Marriott's Fairfield Inn in Houston, Texas. Moms can learn more at: http://www.realbeautyinsideout.com
RFPs (Request for Proposals) are something you'll definitely have to deal with if you sell to schools, and some RFPs are great opportunities. But, you may have discovered that spending time to react to RFPs can kill your productivity unless you have a policy and set of procedures in place. How can you better manage RFPs from school districts and increase your odds of winning the deals you decide to pursue? Listen to sage advice fro two veterans of K-12 RFP wars -- host Glen McCandless and his special guest, Farimah Schuerman of Academic Business Advisors. They'll spend 15 minutes to unpack this popular topic. And be sure to read the companion article on SellingToSchools.com. Don't miss these great resources!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (30 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (16 chatters)
- Curious Times (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (9 chatters)
- reactionariez (9 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (7 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (6 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (5 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- The JohnnyStormShow (3 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Raw Sex (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- The View from Montana (2 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (2 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- breezysays (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (0 chatters)
- GodKiller (0 chatters)