SORT BY Relevancy
Where are the women in RWC operations worldwide?
Why are we not seeing more females involved in boat operations worldwide?
What are the realities and limitations experienced?
Who are the mentors and what are their experiences and results?
Do women want to do this type of job?
What are the differences in attitude that exist between male and female counterparts in the RWC world?
Let's delve into the realities, myths and concerns of gender based operational trends and current levels of participation.
We hope to hear from you on this important and relevant topic regarding women in the RWC field.
What does your water rescue certification mean to you and to others?
It's not a piece of paper. It's an representation of skillsets based on standardization of the best practices and current methods that enable you to commence your training or professional development and your ability to acquire the necessary hours and skills of expertise to perform your duties safely and with competence.
Certification programs are often mismanaged, misguided and abused both by agencies and participants such as instructor and student cadre. Mainly due to budget, time and resource.
The certification program enables you to understand specific risks, comprehension of water and equipment needs and to prepare for recovery and transport of survivors, casualities and equipment or produce searches and or manage events.
The liability issue is the cornerstone of capability. You have either done your homework, are physically and emotionally fit, have the proper equipment and hours underway and understand how to effectively utilize it in the exact environment you will be operating in, or you do not.
A certificate for a recipient who has been vetted and tested is not a 'get out of jail' free card. It is a serious responsibility of defending and representing standards. Occupational users need to be prepared for what a 3 year certificate enables them to utilize in field work. Certificates are revokable if the operator proves to be negligent and disregard their operational standards they were tested under.
This is a serious liability issue. Safety is a trust that you earn every time you deploy. It will require of you to produce values and exceed them. It will require of you to understand the parameters of your certification.
Let's have your attention, your focus and in the end, your understanding for this important subject. - K38/Shawn Alladio
"So Others May Live" The United State Coast Guard has one area where Rescue Water Craft have been used for 17 years as a safety platform during training, it is owned by the STAN Instructors. National Safe Boating Council (NSBC) Instructor and Lead K38 USA Instructor Shawn Alladio created a three part training program combining open water, surf zone and swiftwater training on Rescue Water Craft to assist the STAN instructors. This program was created by Mr. Darell Gelakoska in 1996. He began his fact checking for the idea as early as 1993. I met him at this time in Seal Beach, California at a Lifeguard training program for his discovery phase to implement enhanced water safety coverage for the upcoming 'Advanced Rescue Swimmer' School. Video Aircraft: SA366 G1 Dauphin & EH 101 Canadian SAR Rescue STAN Team instructors operating Rescue Water Craft (RWC) on the Columbia River Bar as safety support vessels during their Advanced Helicopter Rescue Swimmers school. The RWC's are their safety boats that are used in large standing waves with high incidence of open ocean swells during deeper winter months. October and February when the winter swell patterns hold a more consistent level of dynamic water, the schoolhouse is open for training several weeks in the year. The STAN instructors (standardization) are stationed in Mobile, Alabama. The mission of the Rescue Swimmer Stan Team is to provide rescue swimmer standardization to the HH-65 and HH-60 communities. Video: STAN instructors working on the RWC's on the Columbia River bar during a schoolhouse training session with the Rescue Swimmers and Helicopter Crews:
Big Wave Surfing - Water Safety
The Best Practices Or Not?
The words fit easily enough, but do they work?
What is big wave water safety?
It's broiled in the concepts from the EMS responder mindset, the atheltes involved, the sponsors who support equipment or fuding for expeditions, the silent families left behind and the water rescue specialist.
Whom is considered a subject matter expert for all of these applications? Self appointed or real world tried and tested, their worlds often clash in a conflict of experience, attitude and capability.
Ask me how I know?
I've been a vocale witness of this silent creep of safety chatter since 1993 when the Strapped Crew first began the catalyst we see today adopted by everyone interested in all those years of plying; safety still has not been taken seriously.
What is involved?
2. Swell/Wave Energy (weather considerations, tidal/wind/power)
3. Athlete mindset, capability (time in water and experience level, physical fitness)
4. Type of boards (tow boards/towlines/surfboards/rescue boards)
5. Preparation (training, safety gear, rest/hydration)
6. Type of Rescue Water Craft (RWC)
7. RWC training techniques and practices (credentials and accredetion)
8. EMS response, equipment, timelines, transport (land, air, water)
9. Fame or Blame - Media pressure, sponsorship expectation by athlete, athlete claim to fame, explotation of surf sites
10. The Hate Factor of Modern Surfing (everybody hates somebody-negative aspects of the sport prevent or block the ability for unity and community to further create associate bodies with lack of effective leadership values, its a 'solo' sport)
I get asked this question constantly, ‘how do I do what you are doing’? The answer is that I do not have the answer, that is for you to decide and it begins with a discovery phase and personal volition.
I manage a company (K38) that is an educational provider for occupational users with the knowledge being applied to their agency requirements and area of operations. K38 is not an organization that provides volunteer opportunities for RWC use, but I do have supportive answers that I followed myself through the years to get to the level of volunteerism that I enjoy today.
My lessons learned were prior to RWC’s being accepted by safety agencies beginning in the late 1970’s, many years have passed and I’m still learning and adapting my knowledge base. There are great organizations you can investigate and interview to discover if you fit into their mission status and if you have a willingness to ‘pay your dues’ and join up.
Perhaps you don’t have a Rescue Water Craft background but you have passion for volunteering your energies. In the back of your mind there is a gnawing thought you visit often, you want to help. You don’t have any direct connections. You don’t know anyone and you don’t know where to start.
Perhaps you own your own Personal Watercraft and have assisted others in the past while out riding and you realize the value of helping others and want to apply yourself through a focused group effort. First off realize that you are addressing a ‘specific use’ of application.
Water Rescue Teams often employ several different methods, and disciplines or they may not use Rescue Water Craft (PWC). Typically a Rescue Water Craft is not the sole tool of water safety needs, it’s one of many employed on ‘some’ teams.
Let's look at constructive ideas for you!
Shalom and Welcome! We must live a life that proclaims existence as all about Him! We all struggle with sin "hang ups" and hurts, but we cannot allow those things to have victory of us. Why? Because we know who the victor is over sin, Jesus. We have such an incredible amount of freedom through Christ's blood, that is would be a shame to waste any more of it. We must become as our key Scripture during this conference boldly proclaims, the salt and light of the world. If we live like the unsaved world, are we really saved? Is it possible to live a pure life? What is purity anyway? Let's take this opportunity we have together during Revival Week 2012 to really delve deep into the topic. *If you have any questions or comments about today's message, please
Shalom and Welcome! God gives us the grace to know we are totally saved when we accept the Gospel truth. The Gospel is Good News. The hope is that we will not die spiritually when we receive the Good News, rather we will live eternally in heaven in the new spiritual bodies we will receive. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross allows for you and I to go before God, repent, and receive His gift of life. What a wonderful offer! We are going to approach the throne boldly together today and ask God to do a mighty work as we conclude this Revival Week 2012 conference. Share this on Facebook, Twitter, Email and your other social media as we proclaim the Gospel to the world together. *If you have any questions or comments about today's message, please post them below or click here to contact us.
Shalom and Welcome! What the Gospel proclaims to all is a message of love. Not the superficial love that we are all so used to, but the deep-rooted-in-the-soul love, agape. When we repent and turn towards the Lord Jesus we are saying we believe in what He has commanded of us, that is a tall order when you remember the greatest command Jesus gave us: love one another. On this second day of Revival Week 2012, our prayer is to learn that the love of Christ for us, requires us to have sacrificial love for others. Let us therefore be transformed today be the paradigm shift in our hearts. *If you have any questions or comments about today's message, please post them below or click here to contact us.
Shalom and Welcome! We often face very difficult seasons in our lives when we allow despair to take the place of peace. What Christ promises however is peace that passes all understanding (Phil. 4:7). So why do so many believers seem to be without peace? The answer from Scripture seems to be a lack of faith, or belief in what God promises to us upon salvation, eternal life! We are so blessed by God's grace that we forget sometimes what is truly the hope of our calling, it is an eternal existence where we will never be separated from His glorious presence. We all make a choice, to believe the Lord or not to. The choice of where we place our faith amidst the storms of life says a lot about our hearts. Let's seek the wisdom of God's Word together during this Revival Week 2012 and become bolder in Jesus than ever before. *If you have any questions or comments about today's message, please post them below or click here to contact us.
Shalom and Welcome! What brought you to Revival Week day one today? Was it a sense of duty, you feel a sense of obligation, a responsibility to the Lord for all that he has done for you. Is it possible to serve the Lord out of habit rather than out of love? As we kickoff the Revival Week Conference 2012, our prayer is that you would fall in love with God even more than ever before, that you will know Jesus as your just and merciful King, and finally that you will join His mission in reaching the world with the salvation the cross provides through Christ's sacrifice. *If you have any questions or comments about today's message, please post them below or click here to contact us.
K38 UK is operated by Mr. Ben Granata and an international Afffiliate of K38 Water Safety USA.
For this Episode we will be discussing the 2013 Training Schedule for the UK and Ireland this year and what to look ahead for specialized RWC training.
Ben Granata provides Rescue Water Craft training to law enforcement, fire brigades and lifesavers specifically involved in Search and Rescue using these unique small power craft. K38 UK utilized Yamaha Waverunners for their training modules. You can visit: www.K38UK.com
Are you prepared to be unprepared? Or have you carefully dedicated yourself professionally to maintain proper physical fitness levels to meet the demands of your water rescue needs?
In this show, Shawn Alladio of K38 Water Safety will discuss the importance of physical capabilities for the real world needs using Rescue Water Craft (RWC).
You represent the example. Your personal protective equipment (PPE) doesn't do that for you.
Training needs to be effective, direct and performance evaluated to the conditions. Your performance is directly related to your organization. The only way you will achieve this is by investment.
If you are an instructor, you need to stay in step with your student cadre physically. You should not expect of them what you cannot do yourself.
Physical standards save lives and bring respect to their agencies. Your agency goal should be nothing less than expecting excellence from their participants.
The selection process of instructors to students needs to be clearly outlined by the expectations that will be experienced when your group is placed under pressure. They will either 'blow or go'.
They dynamics of training and reality need to be maintained in your physical framework. You don't need your agency to spell it out for you. Fortunately you can maintain your health by diet, exercise and mental conditioning.
You have the choice to be good at what you do, or to be mediocre. Your mediocrity can bring a team down when required to step up and deliver.
We will delve into the complexities of reality with a Rescue Water Craft and how you can ensure your personal safety by being prepared.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (177 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (139 chatters)
- John Baptist (79 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (67 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (19 chatters)
- AlimBey (17 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (11 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (10 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (9 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (8 chatters)
- Aquaman (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (8 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (8 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (7 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (7 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- 63489 (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (5 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- canadianglen (3 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (3 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (3 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (3 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- WWCRHost (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (2 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Finding Relisha Rudd Show (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (2 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (2 chatters)
- 2 Black Girls And A Mic (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (1 chatters)
- Chaos Network (1 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- David and Wes (1 chatters)
- DDP Radio (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Littany (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (1 chatters)
- Your Psychic Connection (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Serious Bible Study (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (0 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (0 chatters)