SORT BY Relevancy
Most of 2016 to this point has been us waiting for bigger fights to get made and hanging onto every negotiation update. It's okay, though. The boxing world almost always slows down early in the year. Buck up, everyone.
Another reason to cheer up is that Brian Campbell of ESPN joins the Patrick Connor of The Fight City this week to be the resident philosophe. From "Canelo" Alvarez vs Amir Khan being announced, to Gennady Golovkin vs Dominic Wade, Andre Ward vs Sullivan Barrera, Carl Frampton vs Scott Quigg, the heavyweights and more... Campbell will show us the way.
Follow us on Twitter...
Brian Campbell: @BCampbellESPN
Patrick Connor: @PatrickMConnor
Top Men Boxing Radio on Facebook:
And find us on iTunes and rate us there!
Thanks for tuning in!
Sammy Vazquez joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to talk about his last win over Aaron Martinez and give his take on the welterweight division.Vasquez talks about his career thus far and how being with PBC & Al Haymon has him on the verge of a world title shot.Sammy breaks down the welterweight division and how a WBC title fight against Danny Garcia could happen this year.We also get Vasquez's opinion on PBC,Khan vs Canelo,Thurman vs Porter and Mayweather's retirement opening up the division for the up and coming welterweights.
Peter Sferrazza joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio for his monthly interview to go over all the latest in boxing.Pete gives us an update on Junior Younan and Paulie Malignaggi as well as where Paulie & Pete want to take their podcast "From Brooklyn To The World" in 2016.With the announcement last week that Amir Khan will be facing Canelo Alvarez next, Pete gives his take on the fight and why he feels Khan took it, as well as if he feels it will be competitive.We also go over Mauricio Herrera taking on Lucas Matthysse on the May 7 undercard and the Kovalev/Stevenson/Ward saga that continues to unfold in 2016.Pete also breaks down Shawn Porter vs Keith Thurman and Sadam Ali taking on Jesse Vargas for the recently vacated WBO Welterweight title.
The Pound4Pound Kings of Boxing Broadcast Journalism. ONTHEGRiND BOXiNG is the world's number 1 boxing podcast, and blogtalkradio's original boxing program.
Many boxing observers are accusing Amir Khan's father, Shah Khan of signing his own son's death warrant by negotiation for an agreeing to a fight with lineal middleweight title-holder, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The jump up in weight is widely considered too great for Khan who moves up a full weight class and a pound, to what has become known as "Canelo weight."
Even as "middleweight champion," Canelo is back to doing what he does best, facing smaller challengers nobody in his weight class is worried about.
ONTHEGRiND BOXiNG breaks down the fight in the aftermath along with the latest boxing news, commentary, predictions and analysis from around the boxing world.
After months of calling out fellow UK welterweight, Amir Khan, for a super showdown that Khan seemed to have no interest in, IBF Welterweight Champion, Kell Brook sets his sights on the baddest man in the middleweight division, Gennady Golovkin. “Get me Golovkin at 155 pounds,” Brook said via the Metro from IFL TV.
“I started laughing,” Hearn (Brook's promoter) said to IFL TV about Brook’s interest in fighting Golovkin. “And he said ‘I’m serious.’ I actually spoke with [Golovkin’s promoter] Tom Loeffler. I believe Kell is the best welterweight in the world, but he has to build his resume to prove it. He will jump into a super fight in the summer. He has to and he will.”
Is this all just hype? Is Brook trying to upstage Amir Khan in the wake of his recent signing to fight WBC Middleweight Champion Saul Alvarez? Can this fight really happen and should it really happen? We will discuss this and much more on this special edition show.
And, of course, we will be taking live calls on air from you the voice of the people. From Alumni to first-time callers, we encourage everyone to call 646-478-3068 to voice your opinion. And remember you can express your opinion in writing by becoming part of the team and writing for the site- contact Mario Mungia or Nestor Gibbs at Theboxingvoice@yahoo.com. Potential for substantial growth within the field of boxing journalism.
Be sure to subscribe to us on https://www.youtube.com/Thaboxingvoice and http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thaboxingvoiceradio to receive one email a few minutes before we go live. Stay updated by following us on Twitter @Thaboxingvoice
Please consider leaving a review of the podcast on iTunes helps tremendously to raise the visibility of the podcast https://itun.es/us/oY7JJ.c
Mauricio Herrera joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to give us the latest on his next fight which looks to be Lucas Maatthysse and how close this fight is to being official on the Khan vs Canelo undercard.Both Herrera and Matthysse would be moving up to 147 or a possible 145 catchweight for what will be an excellent all action fight between two of boxing's true warriors.Herrera talks about facing Matthysse and what it would take to beat him.Mauricio also gives his thoughts on the main event which will pit Amir Khan vs Canelo Alvarez,Danny Garcia in the welterweight division and the much anticipated Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter clash.
Tommy "The Razor" Rainone joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to discuss his next fight & give his take on the big announcement that Amir Khan will be facing Canelo Alvarez on May 7 in Las Vegas.Tommy gives the details on his upcoming fight which will be on March 19 at The Claridge in Atlantic City against a TBD opponent.We also get Rainone's thoughts on the Atlantic City fight scene back in the day compared to today and if it will ever flourish like it used to.With the announcement last week that Amir Khan will be facing Canelo Alvarez next, Tommy gives his take on the fight and why he feels Khan took it, as well as if he feels it will be competitive.We also go over Mauricio Herrera taking on Lucas Matthysse on the May 7 undercard and the Kovalev/Stevenson/Ward saga that continues to unfold in 2016.Tommy also gives his predictions on Tony Thompson vs Luis Ortiz and Shawn Porter vs Keith Thurman.
Chris Algieri joins Team LeftJab Boxing Radio to give his expertise in Nutrition to answer some of the most debated questions in the field.Some of the subjects discussed in the interview are listed below.
1. How to start eating better and kick bad habits
2. Are diets ever a good idea?
3. Calorie counting..useful or a waste of time?
4. Eating Carbs myths and facts
5. Are detox's and juice cleanses safe?
6. Eating before and after a hard workout
7. Omega-3 Fatty acids explained
8. The truth about eating fat
9. Are vegan diets the way to go?
10. How safe is meat and what is actually in it
11. What is the best way to get omega 3 fatty acids in your diet?
12. Is the Gluten Free diets a fad or legit?
13. How important is nutrition to aging adults?
14. What types of food or supplements help as u get older?
15. Is diet soda just as harmful as regular soda?
16. Is it better to get vitamins and minerals from food or from supplements?
17. Beyond a daily multivitamin/mineral, are there any additional supplements recommended for healthy adults?
18. What to eat for eye health
19.. What's better? Three meals a day or many small ones throughout the day
What are your reactions to the fight between Canelo Alvarez and Amir Khan being made?
What about Golovkin fighting Dominic Wade?
How about Ward's fight with Barrera not being a lock or Luis Ortiz without an opponent for the card on March 5th?
These topics will be covered tonight on The Boxing Source Radio Show on Blog Talk Radio tonight at 7:30PM EST....Call in at 347-237-5539 to talk boxing?
The Goon Squad is a 2-Hour Sports Radio Show featuring regular guys that know their sports. Fans can call into the show to verbally spare with the host and co-hosts from around the country. The show tackles sports issues with a unique spin and humor of the sports world. Real Sports are talked about here. Find another station if you want to talk ice-skating and gymnastics. We keep it real! Clear the playing field, put the women and children to bed, The Goon Squad Is Here!
The Goon Squad Sports Radio Show
Sports Talk with an Attitude... You got a problem with that?
Professor La Della Levy, Political Science Faculty, Henderson Campus recaps the New Hampshire Primary.
Nick Anastos of ESPN 900/1250 New Hampshire joins us to talk some New England sports.
Jerald Hoover, NBA Analyst for Pure Sports New York joins us to discuss the latest in the National Basketball Association.
Tom Donelson, Tennis/Boxing Columnist and Political contributor recaps the New Hampshire and previews South Carolina.
Plus breaking news, sports, updates, "A moment in Black History" and we take your questions at 646-929-0130 and at padnation2@twitter
Listen live beginning 6pm Eastern at 646-929-0130 or listen online atwww.blogtalkradio.com/la-batchelor
Interested in advertising on the show, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at padnation@facebook and padnation2@twitter
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (67 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (37 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (20 chatters)
- Common Sense Nation (18 chatters)
- MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (7 chatters)
- Theresa J Morris (7 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (6 chatters)
- Black Afrikan Infrastructure Radio (5 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (5 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (5 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (5 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (3 chatters)
- The Advise Show (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- THE HITZ TEAM (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- Reppa Radio (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Hillbilly Express (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- EX3 Radio (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (0 chatters)
- Where They Do That At Radio (0 chatters)