SORT BY Relevancy
Sue Loomis of Rosamond California passed away last night. A beloved person of the Antelope Valley's Rosamond California. She help to create the new high school, the library, and numerous other business in our town. She will be greatly missed by one and all. A real leader with hands on participation and future thinking. Just wanted to speak a couple of words for our families most beloved friend.
Early Days in Rosamond California -001 - Located in Southern California's Antelope Valley, Rosamond is an unincorporated town of around 18,000 at the hub of what has been called "Aerospace Valley". Rosamond is the gateway to Edwards Air Force Base, and is just south of the emerging civilian spaceport at Mojave. To our south are the twin cities of Lancaster & Palmdale.
In the summer of 1969, I got a chance to play at the Hollywood Teen Fair with my band Purple Olive. I was hell bend on taking Purple Olive to the big time.
Mary Beth Broderson was our photographer. We wanted to document that we actually played at the fair. We were scheduled to play at the Kustom Amplifier Booth just out side of the main stage, but our time had come and gone. There were five bands still in front of us waiting to play. The people who came to audition us had left hours ago and we were just standing around – waiting.
Several other bands were standing in line with us to play in the Kustom's Electronics booth. Kustom was the leading manufacturer of electronic equipment for musicians. We had to wait for about three hours before we got a chance to go on stage.
Talking to the band director, I had enough of the waiting, and I was getting tired of this. Lynn and I confronted the director, and we told him that we had traveled along way to get here and play, and as it was stated in our contract, we were several hours overdue and what was he going to do about it.
Facebook still blocking KDTN Radio One site.
Tropico Middle School and kissing the girls.
Playing with Spade Cooley's Film prop six-shooters at school.
Rosamond, the capitol of western movie sets.
Now that I live in Tennessee.
The kids here don't believe in cameras.
Growing up as a child is stress enough from your siblings, let alone your fellow student members and just people in general. Into that mix, you have to get good grades, and then my genes (not my Jeans) are all mixed up to boot. Going to church is another thing all by itself. I still having problems with "Who did Cain Marry?", and "Did Adam and Eve have a belly button?"
On the episode of Remnant X Radio we will be joined by Preach Saunders as he hits the street to preach the gospel message! Repent and Believe!!
He is live at Hollywood and Vine!
You can contact him at:
PO Box 1002
Rosamond Ca - 93560
check out his youtube page: Saundersact2618
Please plan to join us! Peace and God Bless!
Gary Bass talks about Philip Taubman’s book “ThePartnership: Five Cold Warriors and Their Quest to B
This week, Gary Bass talks about Philip Taubman’s book “ThePartnership: Five Cold Warriors and Their Quest to Ban the Bomb”; Louisa Thomas discusses “Some of My Lives,” a memoir by Rosamond Bernier; and Gregory Cowles has best-seller news. Sam Tanenhaus is the host.
Elizabeth B. Chesick is devoted to helping others. As a long-time supporter of worthy causes including the Interfaith Hospitality Network, Ms. Chesick promotes education in her local community, especially for low-income individuals. Ms. Chesick’s hard work and commitment to teaching has given her the opportunity to work with many, and prior to her retirement as a physics teacher and Chairwoman of The Baldwin School in Haverford, Pennsylvania, Ms. Chesick was responsible for computer programming initiatives, as well as the management of departmental and school-associated administrative, curricular and guidance responsibilities. Ms. Chesick’s allegiance to helping people to learn and grow has given her a chance to experience growth as a professional within the field of science education. She is a recipient of the American Association of Physics Teachers’ Recognition Plaque for Service to Southeastern Pennsylvania, The Baldwin School’s Rosamond Cross Chair for Excellence in Teaching, and the Tandy Technology Scholarship. In addition, Ms. Chesick earned the State of Pennsylvania’s Presidential Award, and the Agnes and Sophie Dallas Irwin Grant for Study. Ms. Chesick is a Certified Physics Teacher, and her experience helped her to expertly teach physics and physical science, together with high-energy partical physics, revise curriculum and perform laboratory experiments. For more information, please contact Elizabeth B. Chesick.
Dinizulu Gene Tinnie, Co-Director, The Dos Amigos/Fair Rosamond Slave Ship Replica Project which is hosting the Annual Ancestor Tribute of the Middle Passage, Sunday, June 20, 2010, 5:30 AM, in Historic Virginia Key Beach Park, 4020 Virginia Beach Drive, Miami, FL. For information call: (305) 904-7620 or (786) 260-1246 and firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. We close with an interview with author, journalist, activist, Jordan Flaherty, about a recent article he wrote about the BP oil disasters affect on the Gulf region's historic Indigenous and African communities entitled: "Cultural Extinction" Louisiana’s coastal communities fear they may never recover from BP’s drilling disaster in the
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jordan-flaherty/fears-of-cultural-extinct_b_612626.html Featured artist: Michelle Jacques www.chellemusic.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (45 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (14 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (9 chatters)
- Love Productions (8 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (7 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (7 chatters)
- Dave in the City (6 chatters)
- TheGod720 (6 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (5 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Unseen World (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (3 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (2 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- WBDN Media (1 chatters)
- The Duke Machado Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Theresa Chaze (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (1 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters95 (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- Cassandra McDonald (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)