SORT BY Relevancy
Why Are Openly Gay Positive Role Models Important for Children?
Because some children, from a very early age may be aware that they are LGBT. For a child or young person growing up heterosexual there are many positive role models available. Gay people traditionally have tended to shy away from acting as role models, for fear of judgement or discrimination, despite this there are countless LGBT people world wide who act as positive role models in a variety of jobs and situations.
For any child or young person who has LGBT family, friends or may be questioning themselves, it is vital that they see their own lives reflected positively in both the school and the wider community.
WHERE ARE ALL THE ROLE MODELS??? In a time when the current goal of our youth is to appear on a reality show, marry a celebrity and so on; it is a great loss to have such a positive influence depart our society. In the light of our dearly d...eparted Maya Angelou, we will be discussing the lack of positive role models that exist for the children in our community. Tune in this Sunday as we discuss the diminishing state of our children's future.
For decades our society has fostered a “low view” of marriage and easy divorce. This series will not only enlarge your vision and understanding of matrimony, but it will deepen your understanding of the incredible love of Christ. This is exactly the kind of “high view” of marriage that is needed in the church and in our culture today!
If you want a role model to help you build a successful marriage, this discussion points you in the right direction. "The Covenant Marriage" examines the concept that God is our marriage role model as it explores the covenant He made with Abram and His descendants and how it relates to marriage.
Although celebrities don't ask to be role models, they are. Most of them are poor ones, but celebs are role models nonetheless. It seems that every week Beyonce and Jay Z are in the headlines for doing or not doing something. Either way, it's usually something negative.
Are Beyonce and Jay Z bad examples or is the media trying to frame them that way? With so many haters and news manufacturers in the world it's hard to tell. However, we'll break down the ways of the celebrity couple and others on tonight's show!
Also on tonight's show we'll discuss assisted suicide. Should it be legalized: why/why not?
"No experts. Just opinions."
Show No. 328
Scheduled for 60 mins.
Do urban youth lack conscious models to emulate? Where do they look for such models within their communities? What models are readily available to them? These are some of the questions we will explore in tonight's show with youth guest, Zankhu Ziaweet, who lives in San Diego. Zankhu has studied cultural genre and disciplines extensively for the last decade. He has been under the leadership of academic scholars and indigenous traditional professionals alike. His rising expertise is in traditional culture. As a parent, teacher, and mentor, his work with the youth has been extremely valued in the community. Our adult guest is Dr. Ralph Dawson, who resides in Los Angeles. Join us for this timely conversation about urban role models for youth.
Ana Celia Zentella, the daughter of a Puerto Rican mother and Mexican father, was born and raised in the S. Bronx. Now Professor Emerita (Hunter College/ CUNY and UCSD), she is an anthro-political linguist internationally recognized for her research on U.S. Latino languages, language socialization, "Spanglish", and "English-only" laws.
Her community ethnography, Growing up Bilingual: Puerto Rican Children in NY (1997), won awards from the British Ass’n. of Applied Linguistics and the American Ass’n. of Latina and Latino Anthropologists. She has also edited three volumes, Building on Strength: Language and Literacy in Latino Families and Communities (2005), Multilingual San Diego (2009), and Multilingual Philadelphia (2010). Spanish in New York: Language contact, dialectal leveling, and structural continuity (2012) was co-authored with Ricardo Otheguy.
In 1996, Manhattan's Borough President, Ruth Messinger, declared October 30 “Doctor Ana Celia Zentella Day", for “her leading role in building appreciation for language diversity and respect for language rights.” From 2010-2012, Professor Zentella led the Language and Social Justice Committee of the American Anthropology Association.
This show will discuss black female celebrities and what it means to be a role model in today's society in regards to a mother, a lady, a wife, etc. This show will also reveal the messages female celebrities are relaying to young ladies and girls and how these celebrities lead lives no different from the average woman of today, with their bank accounts being the only difference. We will dissect the lifestyles we see on television and compare them to the realities we see on a daily basis.
Segment on my "How to Become a Millionaire" series, Introduction, part 2B
Continuation of the on-line series
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (76 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (45 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (41 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (23 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (23 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (23 chatters)
- The Portal (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (16 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- in5d (12 chatters)
- King of All Trades Blog Talk (9 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (9 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (9 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (8 chatters)
- Rifleman (7 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (7 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (5 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (5 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (5 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Domination and Submission (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Conservative Report (4 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (3 chatters)
- Da Puter Shack Karaoke Radio (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Tribulation News (3 chatters)
- SiS NSpirit (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- prophecynewsandviews (2 chatters)
- RadicalFaithMin (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- COBASM Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Lawful Remedies with Tony Davis (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)