SORT BY Relevancy
When it comes to rivalries, we think Michigan/Ohio State (football), Yankees, Red Sox, & Lakers/Celtics. Many rivalries have produced great moments in the regular seaosn & in the playoffs. Most rivalries have lasted longer than mosr of our existences. We're gonna discuss this topic during the majority in another installment of "The Rocket Sports Breakdown". This show will take place Monday night on February 25th...the eve of Rocket's 27th Birthday! Join him as we also discuss the NFL combine & the NBA trade deadline that came & went this past week. 7pm is SHOWTIME!! Rocket Nation, get ready for a power trip.
What are the best Rivalries in Sports?
Which Rivalries are really rivalries, and which ones are not?
Which Rivalries are the biggest Rivalries today?
Does location automatically make you a rival with another team?
How do College Rivalries differ from Pro Rivalries?
How do familes with fans on both side of a rivalry deal with that?
Do Rivalries have to be between teams?
Which sports' rivalries are the best?
Sorry, we are a day late due to Blog Talk having some technical issues...
This week, Sean, Gary, and Randy spend some time talking about the first round of the NBA Draft 2015 and who are some of the guys to look out for in their rookie seasons. We also discuss what 3 on 3 Overtime does for NHL Hockey and if it is a good idea to have a team in Las Vegas.
Then we head into our usual NFL talk with discussion about Russell Wilson wanting to be the highest paid QB, If the restrictions on practice is really helping or hindering players, Matt Cassell not doing well in Bills Camp, Terrell Pryor trying to be a WR, Tom Brady's appeal, and more.
Randy continues his Infield Fly segment talking about Pete Rose and Max Scherzer's No Hitter, plus previews Cubs vs. Cardinals weekend series.
We also have some NCAA Football news to discuss, the latest in the FIFA WWC and Copa America as well.
With Miguel Cotto vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez upon us, in a historical sense, it's now time to reflect upon the one of the greatest of all sports rivalries: Mexico vs Puerto Rico in boxing.
The feud goes back roughly 80 years and is tied to fights of various magnitude, and some of the best fighters ever to come out of both Mexico and Puerto Rico participated. From Julio Cesar Chavez and Salvador Sanchez, to Sixto Escobar and Felix Trinidad.
On this week's boxing history offering from Top Men Boxing Radio, Compubox operator and historian Aris Pina and Patrick Connor of The Fight City will wind through all of history's twists and turns when it comes to this great rivalry.
Aris Pina: @PunchZoneAris
Patrick Connor: @PatrickMConnor
Top Men Boxing Radio page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TMBRadio/
Rate us on iTunes, and thanks for tuning in!
: a person or thing that tries to defeat or be more successful than another
: something or someone that is as good or almost as good as another person or thing
When you passionately cannot stand losing to THAT team. When you know that losing THAT game will ruin your whole week. That is when you know that you are in a real sports rivalry. We will address the following questions in tonights show:
1. What are the main ingredients to have a good sports rivalry?
2. How important are bragging rights in a rivalry?
3. Do you think sports rivalries could be more important than championships?
4. What is your favorite sports rivalry?
5. Can winning a rivalry save a losing season for a team?
6. What effects does a rivalry have on its fanbases?
Every now and then I appear on the BBC World Service, which is broadcast in about 1,800 different countries -- or something just short of that number. I aways enjoy explaining the NBA to the Brits, because their knowledge of basketball still trails their knowledge of cricket by something like 1,800 percent.
In this appearance, we discused the lack of rivalries in today's NBA -- which is astonishing to the British because teams can play each other as many as 11 times during a season, as the Pacers and Heat did last season.
But there is no rivalry between those teams ... and there probably still won't be one, although it could be building if Indiana manages to do into Miami this coming Wednesday night and knock off the Heat. In my opinion, it'd probably take a 4-0 or 3-1 season series by the Pacers just to stoke the rivalry, and then there would need to be another fiesty seven-game series with some histrionics thrown in -- just like Reggie Miller did in the old days when he openly admitted he "hated" the New York Knicks. Now that was a rivalry.
But these days, the NBA is devoid of them, as LeBron James recently pointed out.
When it's time for the class reunion, we lose weight, practice saying how successful we are, and wonder whatever happened to the high school crush. One thing many of us still have, though, is an attitude with someone from high school. Join Shawntrice Smith, editor of SPW and BOLDMoveNow.com, as we have a fun conversation about getting over old rivalries.
We present Highway To Hell: Hell in a Cell Review Show hosted by Felix Olmedo and Nate Milton at 8pm pst/10pm cst/11pm est. We welcome some guest panelists to the show to help us breakdown the upcoming WWE Ppv. Opinions will run rampant as we discuss the final chapter of one of the most heated rivalries in wwe history. Join us for what will be an exciting and action packed 2 hours.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (27 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (17 chatters)
- The Appearance (14 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (10 chatters)
- Angry Devas Radio (6 chatters)
- divinewisdomradio (5 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (5 chatters)
- Scott Cluthe and P I Radio (4 chatters)
- PROPHETenergyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- 63289 (4 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (3 chatters)
- GiftedAngelDel (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- Reach Out America (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- deliverancebyfaith (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- coachtmb (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (1 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)
- SHRAonair (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (1 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (1 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (1 chatters)
- Yellow Carded Podcast0 (1 chatters)