SORT BY Relevancy
In this edition of the Recovery Radio Podcast host David Gerber is joined by Michael Boccia for a discussion about relationships in early recovery. Early recovery is the most vulnerable time in the recovery process. Alcoholics and addicts often seek validation through relationships in the early stages of the recovery process. David and Michael explore these difficulties and the benefits of getting to know oneself.
In the first edition of the recovery radio podcast for 2014, Host David Gerber speaks with St. Christopher's Inn staff member Michael Boccia about a Arrogance and Entitlement Issues in Recovery. Together, they explore the origins of these character defects, and ways in which the staff at St. Christopher's Inn addresses the issue.
In this edition of the Recovery Radio Show Host David Gerber is joined once again by Social Worker and St. Christopher's Inn employee Michael Boccia, and together they break down Step 1 of 12-Step programs. They don't necessarily agree on the meanings of every word, but the breakdown of every word serves as a valuable education for believers, non-believers and those who are unfamiliar with Step 1 and it's importance.
Best of SCI Recovery Radio: This week the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast is hosted by Director of Nursing and Admissions Laurel McCullagh who interviews David Gerber on the topic of bullying. David discusses the changing nature of bullying today in schools as well as it’s relationship to the choice to abuse chemicals, and it’s impact in chemical dependency treatment.
In this edition of the Encouragement Group David Gerber analyzes the story of Willy Wonka and draws the comparison to hitting bottom and recovery. In Willy Wonka the character Charlie uses, gets high, and hits bottom when he finds out he lost out on the chocolate. And yet, when Charlie gets honest, he attains a life beyond his wildest dreams. Michael Boccia shares with participants the importance of getting outside of our comfort zone in order to receive the miracle.
In the latest edition of the Recovery Radio Podcast host David Gerber interviews Michael Boccia on the topic of internal vs external motivation. Together they delve into the mind of most clients that enter treatment, who are "Mandated, Jobdated, Momdated" etc. They discuss how to help move the chemically dependent from external to internal motivation that faciliates a lasting recovery.
Sports are a part of our culture. There are messages that may be gleened from sports that go beyond the contests on the fields and gyms. In treatment and recovery, sports analogies are ever present to deliver powerful messages. In today's recovery radio podcast host David Gerber welcomes back Michael Boccia to share some of his favorite sports messages and how they relate to recovery.
This week the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast focuses on building social interest in recovery. First time host Brian Kelly, Admissions Nurse at St. Christophers Inn, interviews David Gerber, who defines the concept of Social Interest, explains how it is implemented from day one at St. Christopher’s Inn, and the importance of developing Social Interest in recovery.
In the latest edition of the Encouragement Group, David Gerber takes a scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and makes a powerful and encouraging link to recovery. In this scene Indiana Jones shows patience and "chooses wisely" and drinks from the cup of Jesus to provide eternal life to his father. The link to recovery? The power of choice, demonstrating patience and not choosing what looks better than it really is- all virtues in recovery. As always, miracles will be shared.
Todays encouragement group inspires people to fall in love with recovery. David Gerber likens the relationship one has with recovery to the beginning of an intimate social relationship, and questions participants "What would happen if you fell in love with recovery?" How much more easy would life be if you could commit yourself to a relationship with recovery? As always, miracles will be shared.
What if recovery wasn’t about abstinence or returning to a former state? What if true recovery was about acknowledging and reclaiming so much of you that addiction and “mental illness” couldn’t exist? What if you could move forward to a space where you had real choice and did not have to be the effect of anyone or anything? Despite what you might have been told – you can!
As 2014 nears, I look at 24 years of research and 46 books on the history of A.A. and the Christian Recovery Movement. We've defined the Christian origins of the recovery movement. We've defined the Christian upbringing of A.A. cofounders Bill W. and Dr. Bob. We've related how the first three AAs got sober before there was a Big Book; before there were 12 Steps or 12 Traditions; and before there were drunkalogs or meetings like today's. And we have unear
Join Host Live Chats
- Pine Ridge Warriors (56 chatters)
- The Finding Relisha Radio Show (27 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (27 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (21 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Ministry Of Agriculture (9 chatters)
- churchfolk (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- Gracie DeBrock (7 chatters)
- Daddy G (6 chatters)
- On The Docket Off The Record (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- EYICHRIST (4 chatters)
- New Colony Network (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- The Approach with the 3Kings (3 chatters)
- C Maria Wall (3 chatters)
- DavidHittle (2 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- REAL TALK LIVE 216 (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (1 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (1 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- RF Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Saiful Haqq (1 chatters)
- Scottscope (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (1 chatters)
- Prayer International (1 chatters)
- Fins Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Champion Talk (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Wm Aquaculture (0 chatters)