SORT BY Relevancy
“One thing I’m sure of is no one can do this by themselves,”. A fundamental piece of our plan is the inclusion of all institutions in the community, all the stakeholders in the community. Everyone who has a stake has to be involved.The state has had control for 19 years, and everything that has happened falls squarely on the shoulders of those in Trenton,We need local control of the school board so we can get the job done ourselves.We want to create community-based afterschool programs, build a network of parents from charter and district schools, integrate Spanish, Portuguese and Creole languages into all school activities and provide incentives for teachers to work in Newark." Ras Baraka
Discussing community life
Christine Carter shares some insight on the upcoming Newark election. Carter details Ras Baraka's relationship with the community: "When I become mayor, we become mayor." Carter says that the city has more than its share of crime, including car theft, but believes the power still lies with the people. Founder of Against All Odds, Carter is a nationally-requested speaker and community leader who fights for the forsaken. She spoke a couple of years back at a Bmorenews Anniversary Celebration in Baltimore.
'Assata Taught Me' - Skipp Coon http://youtu.be/k1pLVYB4ddk
'Leroy' - Amiri Baraka http://www.nbu.bg/webs/amb/american/6/baraka/leroy.htm
'Ka'Ba' - Amiri Baraka http://www.afropoets.net/amiribaraka4.html
The Disadvantages of Globalization http://www.manufacturing.net/articles/2010/06/the-pros-and-cons-of-globalization
1. “The general complaint about globalization is that it has made the rich richer while making the non-rich poorer. It is wonderful for managers and investors, but hell on workers and nature.”1
2. Multinational corporations are accused of social injustice, unfair working conditions (including slave labor wages and poor living and working conditions), as well as a lack of concern for the environment, mismanagement of natural resources, and ecological damage.
3. Multinational corporations which were previously restricted to commercial activities are increasingly influencing political decisions. Many think there is a threat of corporations ruling the world because they are gaining power due to globalization. (and more, keep reading)
BOOK: 'Confessions of an Economic Hitman' by John Perkins - http://www.economichitman.com/. John follows peace now and is my twitter pal, @economic_hitman.
'8 Things White People White People Really Need to Understand About Race - @GoodMenProject http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/8-things-white-people-really-need-understand-race-hesaid/
Louisiana's Code Noir 1724: http://www.blackpast.org/primary/louisianas-code-noir-1724 (S/O to @BlackPastOnline)
Secret Treaty of Verona (threat of which is the basis of the Monroe Doctrine): http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/secret_treaty_of_verona.htm
Join us tonight as we welcome back our brother Ras Ben.
The celebrated author of ROCKS of AGES will be returning to give a real time analysis and assessment of the
latest stages of the ages. How does the current crop of current events size up to Biblical prophecy and other
mythos from our storied past.
What signs are clearly being expressed by the Great Divine?
What does this have to do with the Great Mother, Auset also referred to as ISIS?
What evidence do we see of the Coming of the Lion & the Lamb?
What role do the star nations have to play in all this activity on Earth?
And how does this all tie into the 44th President of the United States?
Tune in tonight as we open the portals...CLASS IS IN SESSION
Honorable Ras J. Baraka joins the radio team to express how his hard work allowed him to climb to the cities highest office as Mayor of New Jersey's largest city.Moderated by Madrid Smith along with our regular student hosts.Naji Dywer provides us with his on and off the court Athlete of the week Oscar Robinson.Perry Williams provides his Definition of weakness and greatness.Finally concluded with ACT-SO participants who are geared up for their national competition in Los Vegas.This weeks program is one for the history books for Quest Community Vibration.
Jon spends the first half of episode of his theories on how international news is presented and how a country such as Israel may misread Palestinian intent. Also, Jane will be sharing a book about snake handling in Southern Appalachia by the Church of Jesus with Signs Following. Dennis Covington wrote a book about a Southern church in which a Pastor was sentenced to 99 years for forcing his wife to put her hand in a snake cage more than once after accusing her of adultery. The larger story is Covington's journey into this 3 generation practice of snake handling and how the Southern churches believe in manifesting the Holy Spirit through this practice.
Join Host Live Chats
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (17 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (11 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (6 chatters)
- LiveLOAradio (5 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (3 chatters)
- Writestream (2 chatters)
- Rev James 0011 (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- 18th Dynasty Generation (1 chatters)
- Black Swan Radio (1 chatters)
- sports world0 (0 chatters)