SORT BY Relevancy
RapperMD is a Nephrologist currently practicing in Houston. Dr. Mary Washington combines her passion for music, and healthy living onto a platform of rap music and poetry. With kidney disease on the rise nationwide, especially in African American and Hispanic ethnic groups, her message is both timely and entertaining. The key message throughout her songs: change your eating habits and save your life. The number one cause of kidney failure is diabetes and while many people think it is solely hereditary, having a healthy lifestyle increases the odds for living a healthier life.
Her book, “My Emotional Pleas” is a collection of poems and raps released in 2010. The accompanying bilingual CD, “The Cutting Edge” and was also released the same year. It features such raps as “No Difference”, talking up the similarities of sugar and cocaine.
Other titles include “Azucar”, “Scars”, and “Watar – Watar”. The book and CD are available via iTunes and Amazon. Born in Wisconsin, she graduated from The Medical College of Wisconsin and did an Internal Medicine Residency/Nephrology Fellowship at Tulane University in New Orleans. She works with Bayshore Hospital, Kindred East, Texas Select, Park Plaza, St. Luke’s Episcopal, Select Specialty, University General and Women’s Hospital.
For more information and/or to schedule an interview with Dr. Washington, please contact Linda Brown with Advantage Communication 713-737-8321, email@example.com OR call Nieferxis Creative Works 832-447-3252 and leave a message. Thank you.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (54 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- The Heart of the MatterDr Weissman (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- OnTheGrid (3 chatters)
- PsychicEnergyreaderbrenda (3 chatters)
- Psychic Mia0899cs (2 chatters)
- American White History Month (2 chatters)
- FlyLady (2 chatters)
- The Emotional Pro (2 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (1 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- CaroleCopelandThomas (1 chatters)
- Independent Artists and Thinkers (1 chatters)
- Terry Konig (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)