SORT BY Relevancy
Open lines this week with Skip Waters on the Lets Talk Trains Show. Call in to talk about your Railfan trips! Who went to the NRHS Convention? Streamliners in Spencer? Watch the Heritage equipment on the way to Spencer? Who rode 765 trips? What other fun trips did you ride so far? Catch any unique trains this Summer with your camera? Call in an let me know! Or, I have a few fun trips to share. Either way, it's all about you and the LTT listener. Call in and be a part of the show! Join us and our regular callers at 10:00 AM Pacific, 12:00 Noon Central Time. The call in telephone number is 646-716-7106
Have you ever set out to watch, photograph, video trains and just happen to stop somewhere along the right-of-way, and find a special place that someone created, for themselves or the non-railfan that has a model railroad running? During the last couple of months, we have and we will tell you about some of them on this week's American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's Let's Talk Trains program. Let's discover some interesting places.
As a direct request from many listeners requests, this time on Let's Talk Trains sponsored by the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation, we discuss the Fostoria Iron Triangle Park in Fostoria, Ohio. The railfan viewing area opened last November to great reviews. We will hear from civic leaders and rail supporters on why Fostoria. Have you been there, if so call in and give your opinion.
This week, Kansas City Nathan is back behind the mic, as we talk about happening in the world of model railroading, railfanning, Silver Rails Country and last but not least the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation. He will be broadcasting the show from the Depot Inn & Suites, located in Silver Rails Country, centered in LaPlata, Mo.
First off, we will check in with our Regional Roundup Correspondents from around the country, and we will talk about major railroad-related news items. Then, Nathan will discuss the recent N-Scale Enthusiast National Convention, which was held in Roanoke, Va., between June 24th and 27th, after being able to talk to a lot of the hobby's major manufacturers, as well as the up-and-coming companies in the model railroad industry; plus all the things he got to experience while in Virginia--which should be on each railfan's "Railfan Bucket List."
Next, we will discuss happenings in the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation, including updates on the facilities, what you the loyal listerners could do to help and volunteer, as well as the different programs that the APRHF supports, including the popular National Parks Services' Trails & Rails program between Chicago, Ill. and LaPlata.
We will then welcome Tom Anderson, of Silver Rails Vineyards LLC, Silver Rails Country's newest feature to the show. We will be talking about wine & railroads and how they go hand-in-hand, both in LaPlata & Silver Rails Country, and throughout the United States. If everything works out according to plan, we may even have a couple of other guests who have railroad-themed wines, from a vineyard 20 miles south of LaPlata, in Macon, Mo.
We will have a interesting show, and we would like to invite you to join in the live discussion! Be sure to call in to ask your questions, present your opinions, and talk trains!
This week there is much to be discussed.
Lots of news concerning lashups, leases, locomotives, state rail-related plans, and much more.
Our feature topic for this show is focused on those pesky people who show up when you railfan asking questions in a rude manner. People that keep trying to see if you're doing something wrong, and I'm not talking about the police. I'm talking the general public who can be too suspicious at times. Tonight's point, Railfans are not up to "no good", we're an asset, not a liability.
It's Christmas time abroad and here on the Illinois Railfan Talkshow as well. Today in this Christmas special, we look at the timeless tradition of a Christmas tree with a train set at the bottom, we look back at Christmas travel on the train and popular railroad related Christmas films. Don't miss it! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
"For unto you is born this day, in the City of David, a Saviour which is Christ the Lord."
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (47 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- RadioItahuka (20 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (18 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (12 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (9 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (8 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (5 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Unseen World (4 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Addam from Adam (3 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (3 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz (3 chatters)
- EmilioDiaz (2 chatters)
- Cool AA Stuff (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- Path Of Life (1 chatters)
- SOAP (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Marcy Ann (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Bible Smack Radio (1 chatters)
- Big C Radio (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (1 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (0 chatters)
- Chicago Bulls Fan Talk (0 chatters)