SORT BY Relevancy
We are back for season 9 with our new topic is racism in America the same as classism in other countrys? Join us as we discuss how people are treated differently because of the color of skin in America and how that compares to classism the systematic oppression of subordinated class groups to advantage and strengthen the dominant class groups. Thursday at 6:30pm only on SIRA Media Radi
Everyday people with your host Monica Douglas Davis will have a candid talk about racism in America.
Has racism change from the civil rights to the present day 2014?
Tune in Monday night December 1st 9 p.m. Eastern standard time to take part of this conversation. Call 914-205-5909.
Tonight's episode is about racism in America. Since the Zimmerman trial, eyes have been awakened and now people are really starting to pay attention to racism. I mean it hasn't been this much national exposure to racism since the OJ trial.
There seems to be a lot of tension starting to build over racial profiling and racism in general and it doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon. One thing's for sure, how it plays out is all up to the people and it starts with discussing the matter in hand.
It's time to wake up people! So join Tay Real & Nizzy Nay as we dive in on this discussion.
In light of recent events in the United States, some commentary on the intellectual nature of racism and its flaws. Included, building up a more robust explanation then the "because it is" explanation commonly implied in media commentary or in elementary schools.
Also including the analogous commentary on sexism and prejudice generally.
Racism in America is not like racism was a century ago. Once upon a time Blacks accepted being treated as property. I'm not referring to the days of slavery. I refer to the time after slavery was abolished. Blacks most definitely was referred to as a lot of things none of which we'll talk about here. After slavery Blacks were acceptant of names, and adjectives to describe their actions. Blacks were told what to do and when to do it. Racism was a way of life for Whites and Blacks. Blacks were oppressed and just staying alive and not being beat was a successful day. Through all the troubles of daily life Blacks kept the faith, did the work, and made the necessary changes to gain respect of the people they now slaved for scraps and basically pennies. Change wasn't easy for Blacks nor the majority race then nor now. Even when we want change, when others fight against the change or just refuse the change it is most difficult to change. America we must change our actions toward one another. We must end institutional racism before racism destroy America. Racism is real. Racism is visited upon Blacks daily by Whites. There is no Black racism. Skin supremacy exist but today it is more money than skin
Addressing Crime, Distrust and Implied (Implicit) Racism in America with Imam Ahmed Majeed (Milwaukee, WI) and Judge David Shaheed (Indianapolis, IN)
Join WORDS MAKE PEOPLE on Sunday February 15, 2015 from 1-3 p.m. (EST) for a thought provoking discussion on the following:
1. The tragic murder of three young Muslims in North Carolina. Deah Shaddy Barakat, a 23-year-old dental student, his wife Yusor Mohammad Abu-Salha, 21, and her sister Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19.
2. The encouraging “hard truths” speech of FBI Director James Comey.
3. How deep does “Implied (implicit) racism” run in our thinking?
4. Removing racial images from worship.
Retired Milwaukee policeman, Imam Ahmed Majeed will join us in this timely discussion. This is an opportunity for open and honest discussions that can lead to healing – if we are willing. But as Director Comey said this is the time “to have an open and honest discussion…”
Our discussion will conclude on the topic of “implied (implicit) racism.” What does it mean? How does is happen and what we can do about it?
Join us and tell a friend. For call in questions or comments call (714) 816-4673 then press 1 to speak with the host.
NOTE: All our shows are archived for your 24/7 convenience.
Join us and tell a friend. Listen online at http://tobtr.com/s/7353039
For call in questions or comments call (714) 816-4673 then press 1 to speak with the host.
NOTE: All our shows are archived for your convenience, 24/7.
Join Host Live Chats
- The Psychic Viewpoint (19 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (7 chatters)
- The Portal (7 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (5 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (5 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (5 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (4 chatters)
- Local Live Music (4 chatters)
- Ministry Of Agriculture (4 chatters)
- Trek Talking (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Dicmatized (3 chatters)
- Followers of the Way (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Draft Countdown (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (1 chatters)
- Lost Arts Radio (1 chatters)
- MBK International Ministries (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)