SORT BY Relevancy
Race Across America's Executive Director Rick Boethling joins us to discuss the upcoming. Race Across America (RAAM) soloists and all divisions of Race Across the West (RAW) get underway June 10. RAAM relay team racing begins Saturday June 14.
Both RAAM and RAW begin in Oceanside, CA and follow the same route to Durango, CO where RAW ends and RAAM continues to Annapolis, MD. RAAM is a 3,000 mile non stop, coast to coast bicycle race conisdered to be one of the most difficult sporting events in the world.
RAAM Media One Photojournalist Vic Armijo joins us to discuss the upcoming Race Across America/Race Across the West. Vic provides his unique perspective as the person who brings the race to life for so many of us through both written and photographic imagery.
Mark Pattinson has multiple top five finishes in the 3,000 mile, coast to coast, non-stop bicycle Race Across America (RAAM). A crowd favorite, the understated Pattinson works a full time job, raises a family and fits in a busy training schedule. He is also a master tactician who knows his strengths and weaknesses. Mark is one of the most discilplined racers in the field who is able to let the rabbits go at the start and pick his way throught the field as the races crosses the continent. We look forward to discussing the 2014 edition with Mark this evening.
My special guest is Dr. Jay Alberts, Ph.D. from the Cleveland Clinic who specializes in Parkinson's research. Scott Luikart will join us on the show today. Scott is participating in the race across America this summer to raise money for Parkinson's research on behalf of his brother who has Parkinson's.
Most everyone is familiar with the Tour de France, but if you want to discuss a truly grueling cycling event, nothing tops the Race Across America. Last time, we talked to one of the founders of the race, but this time, we will be chatting with local Ohio racer, Mike McClintock, who just completed the 2014 RAAM in 11 days, 20 hrs! Hear his adventure first hand!
Women's solo Race Across America (RAAM) champion Janice Sheufelt joins us this evening for a discussion of her race experience! Janice has placed first racing The 508, Race Across Oregon, 2 Person Relay Race Across America and many more events and usually makes it look easy. RAAM 2014 through some previously unexperienced challenges her way but Janice overcame them all for a successful finish.
Race Across America is a 3,022 mile non-stop, coast to coast bicycle race. Janice started with the solo field Tuesday June 10 in Oceanside, CA and finished 11 days later in Annapolis, MD.
Join us this evening for a free for all preview of the 2014 Race Across the West (RAW)! Adam Bickett, Mick Walsh, Jim Ryan, Frazer Hazlett, Robert Baldino, Dan Dricoll, Pamela Wright, PJ Lingley and possibly a few others are checking in to discuss the race. Will be a fun one for sure!
Race Across the West follows the Race Across America (RAAM) route from Oceanside, CA to Durango, CO. Four person relay teams kick off the action beginning at noon Tuesday June 10. They'll be followed by two person relays, solos and then the solo RAAM field.
Cycling celebrity/television personality/adventure traveller Ryan Van Duzer joins us tonight at Proto's Pizza for a discussion about his roots in cycling, popularity as a television host and his participation in the upcoming Race Across America (RAAM). Van Duzer has crossed the country twice by bicycle as well as North - South and South - North.
Race Across America is a non-stop coast to coast 3,000 mile bicycle race in which cyclists compete either as solos, 2 person, 4 person or 8 person relay teams. Ryan will be competing on an 8 person relay team this year.
Dennis Johnson joins us to discuss his experiences during the 2014 Race Across America. Dennis turned in an incredible performance finishing 7th overall, top US solo finisher, first 60+ solo finisher, fastest crossing by an age 60+ racer, new recumbent record. This podcast is not going to be a discussion of the science/organization/etc of Johnson's race - in Dennis' words "...this race was a story about the struggle to win, the battles to defeat the bastard (the force trying to give me from finishing), the effects of sleep deprivation and injury that almost cost me the race in the last 30 hours, a 12-hour sprint to the finish, and the support of a team that became a family. All too often RAAM seems to become a story about an epic journey of self-discovery; this is a story about an epic race seen through the mind of the racer."
This evening we're joined by members (JD Thornburg, Hunter Huss, Tommy Snodgrass and crew chief Terry Lansdell) of the Concord, NC based 8 person relay Team FOG!
FOG Racing of Concord, NC competed in the 2014 Race Across America (RAAM) to raise money and awareness for the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. Known as the “world’s toughest bicycle race,” RAAM will set more than 250 competitors on a 3,000-mile route stretching from the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic Coast. Team FOG will compete as an eight man team and race continuously day and night, on their own power expecting to complete the journey in roughly six days.
RAAM is the ultimate test of strength and determination. But every day, Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte helps children heal faster because they’re surrounded by their families. The goal of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is to improve the health and well-being of nearly 3.7 million children worldwide every year – and it has indeed made a global impact. And while its approach is to think globally, RMHC acts locally by tailoring programs and services that address the most urgent needs of each community it serves. With a network of local chapters, like the one here in Charlotte, its core programs can be found in 52 countries and regions around the globe.
FOG Racing is a group of avid cyclists who believe strongly in the Ronald McDonald House mission. These courageous adventurers will brave heat, wind, thunderstorms, altitude, the dark of night, fatigue and sleep deprivation, and cross several major mountain ranges to raise awareness and money in support of this mission.
Race Across America solo women's champion Janice Sheufelt, solo RAAM competitor PJ Lingley and Race Across the West 2 x relay team Pactimo/FOURdot Racing were just a few of those who competed using mainly Skratch and meals made from "The Feed Zone" and "Feed Zone Portables" cookbooks. They are joined this evening by the creator of Skratch and co-author of the above mentinoed cookbooks Dr. Allen Lim for a discussion of nutrition for endurance events.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (164 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (90 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Bellesprit (18 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (17 chatters)
- Bio Individualized Medicine (15 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (11 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (9 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (8 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (8 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- ParaNation (7 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (6 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (6 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (5 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (3 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (3 chatters)
- FoReRadio (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- SSRN (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MFW Radio Live (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- Were Alive (1 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- Carole Gold (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)