SORT BY Relevancy
This evening we're joined by members (JD Thornburg, Hunter Huss, Tommy Snodgrass and crew chief Terry Lansdell) of the Concord, NC based 8 person relay Team FOG!
FOG Racing of Concord, NC competed in the 2014 Race Across America (RAAM) to raise money and awareness for the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. Known as the “world’s toughest bicycle race,” RAAM will set more than 250 competitors on a 3,000-mile route stretching from the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic Coast. Team FOG will compete as an eight man team and race continuously day and night, on their own power expecting to complete the journey in roughly six days.
RAAM is the ultimate test of strength and determination. But every day, Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte helps children heal faster because they’re surrounded by their families. The goal of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is to improve the health and well-being of nearly 3.7 million children worldwide every year – and it has indeed made a global impact. And while its approach is to think globally, RMHC acts locally by tailoring programs and services that address the most urgent needs of each community it serves. With a network of local chapters, like the one here in Charlotte, its core programs can be found in 52 countries and regions around the globe.
FOG Racing is a group of avid cyclists who believe strongly in the Ronald McDonald House mission. These courageous adventurers will brave heat, wind, thunderstorms, altitude, the dark of night, fatigue and sleep deprivation, and cross several major mountain ranges to raise awareness and money in support of this mission.
Join us for a discussion with 2nd place men's solo finisher Mark Pattinson, 60+ upright champion Dave Elsberry and RAAM Media 1 journalist Vic Armijo.
Bryce Walsh formerly of Chicago and now a resident of Boulder, CO joins us this evening to discuss his incredible career as an endurance athlete. Bryce has finished RAAM as well as numerous 500 mile and 24 hour road events. However, Walsh does not limit himself to skinny tire racing. He has competed in Ride the Divide and one of the most amazing stage races in the world - the Cairo to Cape Town Tour d'Afrique also known as the world's longest bicycle race. Bryce joins us this evening at 8PM MST.
What a show we have for you today! 2013 RAAM 60+ solo champion Mario Fraternali, crew chief Mauro Farabegoli and crew member/translator Andrea Lombardi join us from Italy to discuss the 2013 race as well as Mauro's success as crew chief for 8 crossings!
Two woman relay team Pine Marten - Jill DeFratis Robinson and Jodie Lawston as well as crew chief Andrea Alfaro. What a team! Andrea served as crew chief for RAAM but also brings her racing background to the team which includes racing as one of the original Pine Marten team members. Jill and Andrea competed as a two person team at this year's Fireweed 400. How will they fare against the men's teams? Does it matter? I look forward to learning about this unique team dynamic!
The Huddle 2 With Israel Doctrine
Showtime: 4:00PM Central Standard Time/5:00PM Eastern Standard Time
Callers can dial up to the show by calling (602) 753-1836
Social -- "living together in communities or organized groups", and.
Justice -- "the upholding of what is just, especially fair and due reward in accordance with honor, standards, or law."
Every human being, especially society’s leaders, has a God-given moral duty to protect fellow human beings from social injustices whenever and wherever it is practical.
If you have benefited from this audio study, then please tell your friends about this website.
If you have a website of your own, consider linking to this website. See the Web-Site Links page.
To link to this page use: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thehuddle2 or home site http://israeldoctrineentertainment.com
Please send this link to all your friends who may be interested.
Sarah Cooper brings her inspirational story to Over the Top Radio this evening. She is a stay at home mother of four (plus pets!). Her husband is an infertility doc. Sarah previously worked as an advanced care cardiac nurse practitioner until her first child was born. Now she has four and is crazy, crazy busy. She drives her coach crazy because she never sleeps enough - great home training for ultra.
Cooper is a former triathlete who whose first endurance cycling race was the 2014 Sebring 24 hour where she rode 433.8 miles (winning her division and qualifying for Raam in her first outing). Now she's facing uncharted territory on the mountainous Silver State 508 course.
After his performance at the 2014 Race Across the West Marko Baloh of Slovenia is a heavy favorite at the Silver State 508. However, previous guests David Haase and Adam Bickett look to give him some strong competition. We visit with Marko this evening to discuss his views of the upcoming race, strengths, weaknesses and, hopefully, a bit of race insight for one of the best in the sport. Just a few of Marko's achievements:
Results from 2012
2. place DOS/RAS EXTREME Race around Slovenia, time 1 day 18h 33min,
World Record for 100 milj Time Trial (160,9km) 3h 48min 41sec, average speed42,2km/h,
1. place Race across Oregon (RAO), july 2012, time 29h 26min (route record bettered for 4 hours),
1. place No Country for Old Men (Texas) 384 miles in time 19h 14 min,
1. place World Championships 24h Time Trial, Coachella Valley, CA with 495,7 miles in 24 hours.
Results from 2011
1. place Texas Hill Country 600KM, march 2011, time 19h 14 min;
1. place DOS/RAS EXTREME Race around Slovenia, may 2011, 1138km in 1d 16h 21min;
3. place RAAM 2011 (solo), junij 2011, time 9d 2h 59min;
4. place RAP-Race across Pohorje, 9.julij 2011, 350km in 13h 50min,
4. place Tortour, august 2011, 1000km in time 37h 04min.
Results from 2010
World records on indoor track (8.-9. oktober 2010):
200 miles - 8h 01min 25,92sec (average speed 40,11km/h);
12 hours - 475,263km (average speed 39,60km/h);
24 hours (the most km done in 24h absolutly in ultra-cycling history!) - 903,765km (average speed 37,66km/h);
1.000km - 27h 31min 09sec (average speed 36,34km/h);
Adam Bickett, one of the race favorites at the 2014 Silver State 508, joins us this evening. Adam is an ultra-cyclist based out of Southern California. He finds great value in the personal discovery and rigorous demands of long distance cycling, and hopes to show others that they also can push their own boundaries and find purpose, happiness, and fulfillment in the process.
10 years after his first double century (200 mile ride), Adam raced the 2014 Race Across the West, finishing a close second over the 880 mile course. This is the first section of, and a stepping stone toward the looming goal now on the horizon: Race Across America. RAAM is the legendary 3,000 mile transcontinental, non-stop race from Oceanside to Annapolis, Maryland that is arguably the most grueling race in the world.
Most everyone is familiar with the Tour de France, but if you want to discuss a truly grueling cycling event, nothing tops the Race Across America. Last time, we talked to one of the founders of the race, but this time, we will be chatting with local Ohio racer, Mike McClintock, who just completed the 2014 RAAM in 11 days, 20 hrs! Hear his adventure first hand!
Race Across America solo women's champion Janice Sheufelt, solo RAAM competitor PJ Lingley and Race Across the West 2 x relay team Pactimo/FOURdot Racing were just a few of those who competed using mainly Skratch and meals made from "The Feed Zone" and "Feed Zone Portables" cookbooks. They are joined this evening by the creator of Skratch and co-author of the above mentinoed cookbooks Dr. Allen Lim for a discussion of nutrition for endurance events.
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (41 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (32 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (26 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (23 chatters)
- Odwirafo (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (16 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (12 chatters)
- BeverlyD (8 chatters)
- in5d (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (6 chatters)
- RLS Network (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (4 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (4 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (2 chatters)
- Sultry Sammi Craig (2 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (2 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (2 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- Enter Youse Interviews (0 chatters)
- Front Row Assholes (0 chatters)