SORT BY Relevancy
Milling About visits The Veranda Historic Bed & Breakfast Inn in Senoia, Georgia where tourists and vacationers alike flock to the home of The Walking Dead, now shooting season five. In fact the inn is situated right around the corner from where Woodbury once stood, so owner and innkeepers Rick and Laura Reynolds welcome people from all over the world with their warm southern hospitality, who for no other reason are coming to see the fictitous town. The inn which dates back to 1906 when it was originally The Holbrook Hotel has retained it's original features; Georgian pine floors, ornate ceilings with elegant chandliers, and 11 fireplaces throughout the nine guest bedrooms. There is a wonderful wrap around porch where you can sit back on a rocking chair or a porch swing and take in the sights.
Laura tells Robin some of those sights have included a Norman Reedus (Daryl) sighting flying past the inn, or guests treated to a showdown at 2 AM of walkers vs. Rick and company on the street right in front of the inn. And several cast members have stayed at The Veranda including Laurie Holden (Andrea) and Chandler Riggs (Carl); room three is unofficially named 'The Andrea.' Laura says, 'we've had a great influx of people. And they're so excited when there's a room! It's exciting to see people so happy about a place and they're never disappointed in Senoia. Not only are they seeing Woodbury but they're seeing Senoia and it's a special place.' Make your reservations now at http://verandabandbinn.com/
Get to the Root of the Problem. Anger is the fruit of rotten roots. One of the primary roots of anger stems from the family. Angry people come from angry families because they learn from their role models and carry on the same behavior in their own lives, eventually passing it on to their children.
Injustice—when people mistreat us but there’s nothing we can do about it, we get angry because we feel it isn't fair. As much as we’d like to change the situation or the person who’s treating us badly, we can't. People can't change people; only God can change people. So it's best to put our energy into praying for the offender.
Impatience—often produces anger when we can't get what we want when we want it. When our progress is hindered or slowed down because of others, it’s easy to become impatient. Most of us struggle with impatience on a daily basis simply because of today's fast-paced world.
Abuse of any kind—sexual, physical, verbal, emotional or mental abuse almost always leads to anger. They’re all injustices, which eventually leave the abused feeling helpless and angry. Abuse of any kind can’t be ignored. We must deal with it and process it before we can get free of it.
Masks of Anger. Sometimes we use masks to cover up the things we don't want anybody to see. If we’re harboring anger, we think masking it keeps others from knowing the real us. So we hide behind a variety of masks in an attempt to trick people into thinking we're something or someone we're not. I’ve discovered that people respect you more if you share your real self with them rather than trying to hide everything.?
Anger happens to the best of us! Your response to anger is based on trusting God and and meditating on His Word.
Proverbs 14:30, A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh,but envy makes the bones rot.
Proverbs 17:14, The beginning of strife is like letting out water,so quit before the quarrel breaks out.
Proverbs 19:11, Good sense makes one slow to anger,and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife,but every fool will be quarreling.
Parenting has its joys but it also has its challenges. In this show, Dr Robyn Mills interviews Dr Rosina McAlpine to explore why and how parenting triggers:
Anger and even rage
And most importantly how you can understand why this happens so you can choose a different way … respond rather than react in a peaceful rather than an angry and judgmental home.
Sound good? Then join us for another great show full of tips and helpful advice for your family!
If you want to know more about how to help your children develop key life skills like good self-esteem and you’d like some sound positive parenting advice
Download my free parenting guide at www.DrRosina.com
And learn more about Dr Robyn Mills, artist, inspirational speaker and singer at http://www.drrobynmills.com/ beautiful art and more…
Want to feel inspired? Have a look at Dr Rosina’s ebook series where you can teach your child so many key life skills to help them manage their emotions, communicate effectively, plan and complete their homework, learn about eating well and exercise, manage set back and bounce back stronger with a positive attitude and so much more – and the skills can be learned in only take 15 minutes at a time! http://www.drrosina.com/life-skills-e-books/
New Yorkers are so excited for the Broadway musical, "On The Town" opening this fall at The Lyric Theater in the heart of Times Square. Host Robin Milling was treated to a sneak peek performance for the press by the multi-talented cast of dancers, singers and actors who are bringing this show back to the Great White Way bigger and better than ever.
Featuring direction by John Rando and choreography by Josh Bergasse, On the Town is a classic that never goes out of style with music by Leonard Bernstein, book and lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green. Based on Jerome Robbins' idea for his 1944 ballet Fancy Free, which he had set to Bernstein's music; it's a story about three sailors on 24 hour leave in New York who are swept away by all the city has to offer, set to dance. Robin chats with Rando and Bergasse about their indelible mark on this quintessential classic.
The show's principal cast featuring Tony Yazbeck as Gabey, Jay Armstrong as Chip, Clyde Alves as Ozzie, Elizabeth Stanley as Claire DeLoon, Jackie Hoffman as Madam Dilly, and Alysha Umphress as Hildy share their stories of coming to New York for the first time, bonding with each other as a family, and why On The Town is still so prevalent for everyone to enjoy 70 years later. It's a helluva show!
It can be well and good to understand why anger exists but we are still left with the question: What is a person to do when it comes on? Is it proper to let it all out and get it out of one's system as some experts suggest? Should a person go into the closet and scream at the top of their lungs? Or should a person keep anger from being expressed at all? The answer, according to Dr. Carter, is "IT ALL DEPENDS." Listen to tonight's show as we figure this out!
Face the Truth... And Choose Your Pain if you want the great and mighty things God has for you, you must get to the root of anger and deal with it. Get rid of the masks and face the things that happened in your life that made you the way you are today. Admit that you can't change by yourself. Until the root is removed, it’ll continue to produce one bad fruit after another. Too often we spend our lives dealing with the bad fruit of our behavior, but we never dig deep enough to get to the root of the problem. Actually, when we're faced with anger, we must choose our pain. Digging deep to take care of the bad root is painful, but it’s the only lasting way to take care of the problem. We can either suffer positively, doing what’s right or we can go with the devil's plan. But remember, the same devil who tempts you to follow your human feelings will later condemn you for doing it. You must decide if you want the pain that will take you into a new realm of glory or to keep your same old pain and try to hide it while it's rotting inside you.
Is Anger Sin?
Is all anger sin? No, but some of it is. Even God Himself has righteous anger against sin, injustice, rebellion and pettiness. Anger sometimes serves a useful purpose, so it isn't necessarily always a sin. Obviously, we’re going to have adverse feelings, or God wouldn’t have needed to provide the fruit of self-control. Just being tempted to do something is not sin.
Take Steps Toward Freedom
People are born to be free; it’s a gift from God. We’re not to be free from responsibility, but free to be led by the Holy Spirit. Any time our freedom is taken away or given away, we experience anger.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (111 chatters)
- thelordshour (40 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (19 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (19 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (18 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (18 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (16 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (14 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (13 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (11 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (10 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (8 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- in5d (7 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (6 chatters)
- TEOTW (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- Fins Radio (5 chatters)
- 3 Counselors and a Couch (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (4 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- Moreliapythonradio (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (3 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (3 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (3 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Internationaldynastyartists (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (2 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- 1twopunch (2 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (2 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (2 chatters)
- Wajm Radio (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- TNNDN (2 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- ShamanBarbandB (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (1 chatters)
- WQYB Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Music4LifeUSA (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Bellesprit (1 chatters)
- BishopDerianHouse (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (1 chatters)
- GrownFolksBizness (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (0 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (0 chatters)