SORT BY Relevancy
Val Ford has been an instructor at CUBM for many years and has served as a counselor to students, families and staff alike during her teaching tenure. She has also been involved as a counselor in the Pittsburgh community and has a heart to see people be healed and thrive in their life's work and roles. Val joins Karla and John today to talk about the many hats she has worn in her career and what CUBM means to her as she enters her second decade of teaching there.
Please join Health Educator & Life Coach, Erica Haray-Butcher, as she chats with Vicky Hann Corbett about living your best life with chronic illness.
Both Vicky and Erica have experienced a variety of chronic health issues related to debilitating autoimmune disease, and both have found ways to heal and live their best lives possible. Please tune in to hear their tips and strategies, so you can find your own path to better health and healing.
For more information about Erica, please visit www.CatchGoodHealth.com. And remember- good health is contagious...pass it on!
Lisa Smartt is a woman who loves to laugh and to infect others with the joy of laughter. She lives on 16 wooded acres with her husband of 26 years, two teenage sons (who sometimes fight), two German Shepherd/Huskies, and two male cats who desperately need Prozac.
Public speaking has been Lisa’s passion for more than a decade. She has spoken to groups around the country on subjects like “Finding Contentment in a Discontent World” and “We’re All in the Same Boat, So Grab a Lifeline.”
Her future aspirations include organizing her purse, eating more green leafy vegetables, and cleaning out the hall closet. She believes laughter is a gift and LOVES to share with others her personal weaknesses, struggles, and the sheer JOY of God’s amazing grace!
Lisa is the author of a 5-star book series, including “Doug and Carlie,” “Doug and Carlie’s Love Conspiracy,” and “Doug and Carlie: Matchmakers on a Mission.”
Her first two books, "The Smart View: Life, Love, and Cluttered Closets" and "The Smartt View 2: Life in Progress"came from her humorous weekly column.
Visit Lisa's website at www.lisasmartt.com (Note the double "t". Lisa's second "t" stands for top entertainer in motivational humor in meaningful messages.)
Please, remember to listen in on your computers and wait to call in with a question when we open the phone lines.
The new Fall televison series is almost here and the Empty Nesters are breaking it down with favorite guest Damian Holbrook, Senior Writer at TV Guide Magazine. From old favorites like Homeland and The Good Wife to new shows from Shonda Rimes or Steven Spielberg, the Nesters will ask the questiions and get the details you need to know before you set your DVR.
Join LTBR hosts Stephanie and Lauren as they chat with dark genre fiction writer Paula D. Ashe about her work.
Paula D. Ashe lives in the Midwest with her wife. She has published a number of short stories and a novella in publications such as Deviant Minds, Nexus Literary Magazine, and Indiana Science Fiction Anthology 2011. She teaches creative writing, freshman composition, argument, and world literature at a community college.
Warrior Talk Radio with GI Jenn & Jeff Gonzales welcomes former NAVY SEAL & Director of the SEAL Dog Foundation, Trevor Maroshek and former NAVY SEAL, author, and Founder of TRIKOS International and Warrior Dog Foundation, Mike Ritland.
Trevor will be joining us to talk about the impact of WAR Dogs for both the handlers and other service members on and off the battlefield. We will talk about how and why it is so necessary to enable handlers to retire their working dogs and how difficult it is to do so. He will share his firsthand experience of having to go through that process with his Combat VETERAN dog, Chopper.
Trevor will share with us The SEAL Dog Foundation's goal to bring companionship, love, and support to all VETERANS by providing dogs and training. We will also discuss the importance of finding homes for military working dog heroes (preferably with their handlers).
Mike will be joining us to talk about the bond between the warrior dog and it's handler, the training methods, breeds and operations utilizing these amazing K-9 WARRIORS. We will also touch on Mike's books Trident K-9 Warriors and Navy SEAL Dogs.
We will be discussing Warrior Dog Foundation and how it helps to transition dogs from an operational environment into their state-of-the-art kennel facility. WDF strives to educate the public on the importance of K-9s in the combat environment, and showcase the level of sacrifice these dogs give in support of our troops. WDF cares for each individual SOF K-9 with dignity and grace, including both mental and physical rehabilitation for the rest of their lives.
Please don't miss this episode. Call in number is 646-595-3504.
My guest for 09/17/14 is Robert Crane.
Robert Crane has been the Marin county manager for the West Coast Songwriters, a Non Profit Organization, for the past 3 years. He hosts a monthly songwriting contest for the West Coast Songwriters at FENIX Supper Club.
Robert says he only wrote 2 songs from age 8 through 50. But at age 50 a light went on that opened his songwriting flood gate. He says his wife Mary gets the credit for inspiring him to write, which is another story…
Robert and his wife Mary produced an album for the West Coast Songwriters organization called “Local Gold” in 2011. The album features the best song of the month winners tracks for the San Rafael event that year.
Robert is currently working on his own first album. Two of Robert's songs have been awarded “best song of the month” at West Coast Songwriters competitions and were also featured on the West Coast Songwriters Local Gold album.
Robert and his wife Mary are both voting members of the Recording Academy. Robert's song “Powerless” will be in the movie “The Junction” a Ron Howard – Willie Nelson Production with music by Marcus Barone of Film Music Group.
We'll be talking about songwriting, the West Coast Songwriters events, and the music Robert hears calling him. We'll also be talking about the process of songwriting and how you can work in creative collaboration with other songwriters.
You can find out more about the West Coast Songwriters by visiting their website at: www.westcoastsongwriters.org
In today's MANformation Podcast we talk about one of the most widely known Alpha Males in the World... the one and only Arnold Schwarzenegger! Whether you love him or hate him, you most definitely have to respect him.
“I remember Skip saying, I think the fan base was was more upset with the fact the Nanny wasn't hot than with him cheating on his wife.” – Adam Ference
Join Skip and Adam as they talk about Arnold's journey through his greatest victories, and jaw-dropping scandals. Sit back, relax, and have some fun with some Bro Talk from your hosts Skip La Cour, and Adam Ference. Hint: Don’t forget to visit http://manformation.com/arnold to watch a bonus video for this Podcast!
Is getting whipped with a switch or belt child abuse now. Can you remember your last whippen?How do you control kids- timeout?Is that why kids are out of control because of time out? Time out of what? Does it change behavior? Does a good whipping bring back memories of what you would not do again? Where do you draw the line? How do you expect parents to control their kids?Where do you draw the line?Who makes the decision that you have crossed the line from parenting to abuse?
THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS
NATIONAL SCHOOL BACK PACK AWARENESS DAY IS TODAY
This is an important show with Dr Karen Jacobs (no relation to yours truly) of Boston University. When you have kids carrying backpacks that make them look like the mules in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre", that's not good. We'll learn more with Karen
Presented by Zaner-Bloser
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (94 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (34 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (13 chatters)
- Ron Reck (6 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (6 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (6 chatters)
- John Baptist (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (3 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (2 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (2 chatters)
- knowurenemy (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- BTR4367 (2 chatters)
- canadianglen (2 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (2 chatters)
- BeverlyD (2 chatters)
- Big C Radio (2 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Pure Journey Radio (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Dr Auset (1 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (1 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (1 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (1 chatters)