SORT BY Relevancy
Join us with guest Michele Lang, Assoc. Director of Campus Ministries·at Warner Pacific of Portland, OR and BJ Lindhurst, 16 year old James Logan student. How do we have these conversations about the protests in a constructive way? What is the issue- race, injustice, police brutality, unruly kids?
We all have certain causes that we support – Whether it’s the recent protests against police violence, harassments or killing of unarmed citizens, or even the cruelty of animals. But what if your support to the causes or beliefs could cost you your job?
Dr. Misee Harris, you may know her as the “Black Bachelorette”, is one of those people who paid the cost of supporting the protests against the killing of Michael Brown and Eric Garner. Dr. Harris is going to share with us her experiences when the work place can try to dictate what you support in an open arena.
Also, we are so pleased to have Actor, Dennis LA White, join us again. If you can remember, Dennis and Actor Cherie Johnson were racially profiled and harassed during a vacation to South Carolina. Since he and Cherie’s encounter, we’re going to get his reaction to the recent “No Indictments”, and what these decisions mean to those in the entertainment industry.
Join us on Wednesday, January 7, 2015, at our NEW TIME, 8:00pm PST/ 10:00pm CST/ 11:00pm EST.
Listen and be a part of the conversation by calling (646)200-3148. Or listen online and join the chatroom conversation at: http://www.hottopicstalkradio.com/hot-topics-talk-radio.html
*The Hot Topics Talk Radio Network is sponsored by Shades of Afrika (Corona & Long Beach)
EtEthan and Jimmy close out the show with a non-political show. That's right, it's time for Free State Happy Hour. On the show we discuss
- SantaCon is coming under fire because of drunken revelry
- Parents want to get rid of Christmas for children
- Now Georgetown Law students want to postpone exams because of Michael Brown?
This episode we are joined by several student activist and organizers for a deeply in-depth and honest conversation regarding the ongoing protests regarding police brutality, as well as the legacy of institutionalized anchored to police brutality. This is the kind of honest dialogue and perspective that mainstream media tries to suppress regarding white supremacy and structural racism. Tune in now and spread the word...
Civil Chat with Lee will be airing
1. BIG STORY-Massive protests against non indictment
2. Internal and Civil Investigation announced by Eric Holder
3. Trend with excessive force involving white officers and African American citizens
4. President Obama weighs in
5. Garner widow lashes out at officer Pantaleo
6. Officer Pantaleo's previous lawsuit settled by NYPD
Jon, Jane and Bob lost some of their audience when they scheduled their show in American Samoan time zone. It was 90 minutes late. Jane highlights student bravery in Hong Kong and what stunts were used to prevent the protests from continuing (even though they are.) Bob disputes if the man who was going to jump in Hong Kong's city square was authentic. Jon's major topic this week was about Californians embracing every religion and value, being open to everything. The latter topic was Russa and social media and the effects of oil profits in Russia and economic distribution.
Suddenly, it feels like the 1960s again, with swirling movements for social justice finding inspiration and a powerful common denominator in the struggle for black equality.
Multiracial, multi-ethnic, multi-class, and multi-generational Americans have swarmed the streets in vast numbers to not only protest against racial injustice but to expose systemic oppression that has been an open secret since the heyday of the late 1960s and early 1970s.
The decision by a Staten Island, New York, grand jury not to indict Police Officer Daniel Pantoleo in the choking death of Eric Garner came nine days after Ferguson, Missouri, erupted into an open rebellion following another grand jury’s decision not to indict former police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown, a black teenager.
While violence engulfed parts of downtown Ferguson, 170 cities staged largely peaceful demonstrations both in solidarity with the #BlackLivesMatter movement and in demand of a vision of social justice that far surpasses the imagination of most contemporary politicians and pundits.
Thousands of New Yorkers took to the streets on Wednesday and Thursday nights to express outrage against the political system that allowed a black man to be choked to death while screaming, “I can’t breathe!”
Across the country this movement has been spreading with protesters stopping traffic on highways and busy streets. Here in Baltimore protesters attempted to shutdown the annual Christmas tree lighting in downtown Baltimore. Do events like this help or hurt the cause
Queen MoJo and King Peter bring the B,L.A.S.T. Black Life and Survival Training show to Proud Black Me Radio Sunday Nights at 8PM. As protests and demonstrations continue in the aftermath of the grand jury decisions regarding the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, the community gives their views about the movement and how we grow and move forward with change. Celbrities and athletes such as Kobe Bryant and Lebron James have shown their support, but what does it all mean?. Log on or Call in to listen or discuss with us!
A Healthy Mouth = A Healthy Body!
Toxic teeth: what mercury fillings are really doing to your health.
Natural Dental Remedies and Hygiene
+Words from some true doctors.
Are the protests justified? What are we not seeing?
The reality and truth behind these current events.
Graham Hancock's Underworld: Forbidden Kingdoms of the Ice Age
And much more!
You heard it first, as always- only here on Crush Radio!
Welcome to Our Own Voices Live with your hosts: Angela Thomas & Rodney Smith
Our Topic(s) today: “The Importance of Vigils, Holidays, Protests as Las Vegas Celebrates the Birth of a King”
If you have a question, comment or just want to listen, give us a call: (347) 826-9600
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (97 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (25 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (19 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (12 chatters)
- NTEB (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (11 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (8 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (8 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (6 chatters)
- HOV Radio (6 chatters)
- BeverlyD (6 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (2 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (1 chatters)
- The Prophetic Hour (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- left at the valley with KevinKaren (0 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (0 chatters)