SORT BY Relevancy
SAJA (@sajaHQ) and CPJ (@PressFreedom) present a conversation about the state of press freedom in Pakistan. Join Umar Cheema, who won this year's International Press Freedom Award from the Committee to Protect Journalists, and Bob Dietz, CPJ's Asia director as they talk about what's happening in Pakistan today. More on Cheema below.
Umar Cheema, a reporter with Islamabad's The News, was abducted in September 2010 by unknown assailants who stripped, beat, and photographed him in humiliating positions. Cheema's unwillingness to stay silent about his abduction and the abuses he suffered has drawn wide attention to the nationwide issue of anti-press violence in Pakistan.
Almost immediately after he was released, Cheema went on television to tell the world of the abuses and humiliation he endured at the hands of "men in police commando uniforms." He said his captors asked why he continued with his critical reporting--was he trying to discredit the government and bring back former President Musharraf?
In the months since his kidnapping, Cheema has been harassed and threatened for his coverage of politics, national security, and corruption. In keeping with Pakistan's record of near-perfect impunity in the cases of hundreds of journalists threatened, abducted, and killed, Cheema's case remains unprosecuted and unsolved. But his courage has rallied his colleagues across the nation. An editorial in the English-language daily Dawn said, "No half-hearted police measures or words of consolation from the highest offices in the land will suffice in the aftermath of the brutal treatment meted out to journalist Umar Cheema of The News. This paper's stand is clear: the government and its intelligence agencies will be considered guilty until they can prove their innocence."
Call us and join in the discussion! (718) 508-9419 + option #1
Episode 43 – 06/25/2014 – Freedom and what it means to you and me
Freedom is not something you define, it is something you feel;
Freedom can be surrendered and many don’t know they’re doing it;
Freedom to be free from police searching your cell phone - SCOTUS;
Freedom of interstate travel but not on toll roads;
Freedom to move wherever you want, to a degree;
Pets and summer time tips for fun and safety;
Book reports and what Terry is reading.
About our program:
Hell No! the radio show is a socially conscious water cooler talk show about what’s going on in the world as we feature guests and callers who express their thoughts. Hell No! is friendly, funny, real and focused on empowering the truth. We give a voice to people left in the dust. This program is not democratic, fascist, politically correct or a place for sacred cows. We do advocate peace, critical thought, education, reading and social awareness.
Email us! HellNoTheRadioShow@gmail.com and to find other episodes you can play on demand anytime, please Like us on Facebook.com/HellNoTheRadioShow and follow us on Twitter @HellNoRadioShow.
The Divine Freedom Radio Show seeks the truth, tells it like it is and searches for solutions. We make the connection between God, Constitution and Freedom. We inform our listeners of past, present and possible future events.
Listen and be a part of the show, help us to shape Divine Freedom into a show that will impact our nation in a positive way. Our goal is to reach out, teach and change hearts and minds. Listen every Sunday at 7 PM CST.
Today on Roy Dan Baron Live Global Freedom Network we have Justice Expert guest host Yoda, Makur Makuei Abiar also known as King Deng with the www.kingdengfoundation.org
“Yoda” Is the penname of a founding member of the Magnified View. He works closely with U.S. and allied intelligence, military and law enforcement agencies and consulting counter-terrorist subjects. For his safety, his identity will remain undisclosed on the MV forum, open to the general public on the MV. Their website is www.magnifiedview.com
Makur Makuei Abiar has suffered and continues to suffer a great deal in the USA justice system which is very different in Africa they don't have any of these cases hanging over people for countless years and years of probation keeping innocent hard working family people behind bars and with "empty pockets" because all their expenses go to legal fees. Makur Makuei Abiar is not guilty and he has never been guilty. He has been stuck in this horrific judicial system of Atlanta, Dekalb County since 2005 in a case that has so many holes in it that him and his family has continued to suffer with since the last nine years.
Georgia lawyers and the judicial system - American people should feel ashamed at all these money sucking legal & government employees taking advantage of refugees and many others who are wrongly convicted by a USA judicial system lacking compassion. Global Freedom Network International Radio is dedicated to bringing a very bright light to the sufferings, issues, and solutions to all of the world.
The economic downturn has hit us preety hard but for many of us uncertain finances and funny money are just a way of life, according to different studies we are more likely to dip into our retirement funds to get us through thosose tough times. Hey come on family and join me: Brotha Eric as we sieze this 90 min show and look at ourselves.
World War II was a truly global conflict, running 24/7 across every time zone. However, for all the attention given to it in history books, magazines, films and television, the European Theater of Operations was only a fraction of the size physically of the war being fought in the Pacific Theater. Encompassing almost half the world's landmass, the Pacific Theater necessarily had to be broken into pieces, and prosecuted by a number of separate commands and commanders. The South Pacific was just one big part of this effort, and yet had multiple commanders directing operations from Guadalcanal to Okinawa before the war ended. Some of the greatest names in American military history, commanded these operations including Gen. Douglas MacArthur, Adm. Chester Nimitz, Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey, and Gen. "Howl'in Mad" Smith. Incredibly, the Allied victory over the Japanese was completed in just under four years from the attack on Pearl Harbor. But perhaps most amazing was that it was accomplished in spite of one of the worst collection of military egomaniacs and narcissists being in control of much of the drive towards Japan. Add to this the debilitating long-term effects of alcohol, smoking, and command stress, and is easy to see why so many of the top Allied military leaders died or fell by the wayside during the war.
To learn more about World War II in the South Pacific and the unvarnished stories of the men who prosecuted it, join military historian, author and journalist John D. Gresham (@greshmj01) for Military Monday (#MilitaryMonday at @Writestream) at 1 p.m. Eastern.His guest this week is U.S. Naval Institute Press (@USNIBooks) author Alan Rems, the writer of SOUTH PACIFIC CALDRON, which tells the stories of the campaign in the South Pacific. His book provides readers a really transparent look at the battles and leaders on both sides in the South Pacific during World War II.
EYE AM DELIGHTED TO HAVE MY SISTER THE ANCIENT NEWCOMER MAMA PEARL JOINING ME ON THIS BROADCAST. MAMA PEARL IS CURRENTLY THE MINISTER OF YOUTH OF THE PG RNA. Provisional Government for The Republic of New Afrika - (PG-RNA) www.provisionalgovernmentrepublicofnewafrika.com. WE WILL BE TALKING OVER THE THINGS THAT MATTER TO US AS A SO CALL AFRICA PEOPLE. Recognizing that Our Youth IS Our Most Valuable Resource - Our Youth have been looked over again and again in a dirty, corrupted societal system that is NOT Our Own and was never meant to be for US.
The Freedom Talk Radio Seline Entertainment T V
Common Law Explained
please post your news on our website after registering with FTR/SETV
Call the show live 347 677 0812 Usa Canada
Rest of the world 001 347 677 0812
News And Views Beyound the main stream media.
Call 347 677 0812
Please Visit these great sites
in Self Help
Do you know someone who is "a pain in the butt"? Ever wonder where the term came from? Join us to find out how stress can worsen your pain or illness. Find out what you can do about it before you have a stress-induced heart attack. There are too many ways to lower stress to cover all in this hour. We will be focusing on homeopathy and EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques).
Dr. Maria Choy is a board-certified New York-trained neurologist, who graduated from Boston University with accelerated BA/MD degrees in six years in 1984 and went on to do her internship, residency, and fellowship at various prestigious New York metropolitan area hospitals. She is one of the first American-trained doctors to assimilate Western medicine with Eastern acupuncture, Qigong and Traditional Chinese Medicine principles (treating body, mind, and spirit), nutrition and homeopathy in her everyday clinical practice. She Integrates all these different modalities of treatments to help her patients attain better health while minimizing the use of Pharmacology and optimizing cutting edge diagnostic techniques to determine which modality of treatment would be best suited for each individual. Ultimately, Dr. Choy also believes that we all must take ownership of our illnesses and take pro-active steps toward wellness and health promotion and how a good doctor can guide and facilitate this process. This principle is the foundation for this radio blog program.
A weekly blog talk radio program speaking hope and freedom to iran
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (58 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (57 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (41 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (28 chatters)
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (14 chatters)
- SHRAonair (14 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (13 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (9 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (8 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (7 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (7 chatters)
- Fins Radio (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (6 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (5 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (5 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (5 chatters)
- Cubanarama (5 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- PASOS (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (4 chatters)
- 63289 (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- The Grace View (3 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (3 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (3 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (3 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (3 chatters)
- iHookradio (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (3 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- TimBinnall (3 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)