SORT BY Relevancy
September 23 - Jazz Vocalist - Toni Lincoln
When vocalist Toni Lincoln was 5 years old, she liked to dress up in her grandmother’s vintage dresses and sing to her dolls which she neatly arranged on her bed as an audience for her impromptu concerts. Little did she know that it would be more than 5 decades later that she would do her first real live singing appearance at a little subterranean Portland jazz club.
Toni Lincoln’s new self-titled CD is testament to her love of the Great American Songbook and her exceptional skill in bringing emotional honesty and her own special sweetness to the genre.
With the haunting sounds of days gone by, Toni is the essence of the crisp, pure, smooth tones that are so reminiscent of standard chirpings made legendary by greats like Ella and Sarah,
Ron Westray -Live at Jazz at The Lincoln Center! Ron talks about his latest CD Jimi Jazz, a tribute to Jimi Hendrix http://www.bluecanoerecords.com/jimi-jazz.html
One of the most highly regarded trombonist of his generation, Ron Westray continues to expand upon the legacy set before him with his CD releases, "Jimi Jazz", "Live From Austin" and "Medical Cures For The Chromatic Commands Of The Inner City".
Professor Ron Westray’s professional contributions encompass a stunning list of achievements in the areas of performance, composition, recording, and publishing. Since the early nineties he has performed as trombonist or lead trombonist with the most prestigious jazz ensembles in the world, including the Mingus Big Band, New York’s Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, The Wynton Marsalis Septet, Irving Mayfield, The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra, and the Marcus Roberts Ensemble, in hundreds of performances around the globe.
It's MONDAY, February 11th, 2013 & Black History Month is in full effort! TONIGHT we're continuing on with facts that changed the United States and the world. Specifically, we are focusing on the 13th Amendment and what President Abraham Lincoln had to do in order to make this a reality in this country! Would African Americans be free today, if President Lincoln would not have gotten the votes necessary to invoke the 13th Amendment during the Civil War? If you'd like to voice your opinion LIVE dial 917.889.3926 to speak on this topic. We are REAL TALK RADIO! We are TM Hyman Radio LIVE!
Being the first African American president is a success in itself, some may say. But what about the economy? Foreign policy? Social justice? In your opinion, has President Obama made things better? Or are we worse off than before? Why do you think this way
“In a summer marked by instability in the Middle East and Eastern Europe, I know the world also took notice of the small American city of Ferguson, Mo., where a young man was killed, and a community was divided,”President Obama addressing the UN 24 September 2014
1. The question of authority. Jesus did in fact exist and he did in fact established a Church giving it His authority. People like to use a scatter gun technique that is employed by Protestant apologists that is designed to overload the Catholic apologist. Rarely does a debate on Facebook stay on any one topic. Mary, the Saints, the Papacy, the bible, statues, history, Purgatory, did Jesus have brothers, call no man father, they all end up in any one debate. But all that is really sidebars because authority is the main issue. All these other topics are used to challenge the Catholic for the purpose to topple that authority. If they think they can effectively prove that the Catholic Church is teaching something that is contrary to scripture, then they believe they have proved their case.
Matthew 16:17-19 and Matthew 18:15-19 are important biblical texts for authority. Luke 10:16 and John 21:15-17 are also important. There are many scriptures that support the authority Christ gives the Church.
This authority given the church covers every aspect of what the Catholic Church is as the Body of Christ. Jeff Lincoln will try to set a foundation for Sola Scriptura (Bible alone). So, I will use primarily the bible to show that the Catholic Faith is truly the Church of the gospel, it is the Church of the New Testament.
Hey, President Obama, your ISIS plan is not working. Major General Paul E. Vallely joins Joe to discuss. I'm sure he'll have some good suggestions as to how we should be proceeding.
Have you had your healthy dose of reality lately?
There are always at least two sides to every story. Have you ever wondered how someone, who saw the same thing you did, walked away telling a vastly different story? Which version was correct? Which one was the REAL story? Actually, both are! It’s just a matter of perspective.
Joe takes the issues… especially the controversial issues (politics, prejudice, religion, illegal immigration)… and brings in people from different sides to share their viewpoint. This is definitely not a fluff piece. And while no one is attacked, the questions are hard-hitting.
But the conversation is always respectful and you’re sure to learn something new, even if you don’t agree!
If you’ve always wondered how the “other side” thinks and how they’ve arrived at their “stand”, then this is the show for you!
It’s not the right side, it’s not the wrong side, but the REAL side of the issues!
The Dallas County Commissioners Court is planning to call a special meeting for Thursday to discuss whether to request that Gov. Rick Perry declare a local emergency because of the Ebola crisis.The meeting will be at 2 p.m. at the County Administration Building, 411 Elm Street in Dallas.According to state law, a declaration of emergency “activates the appropriate recovery and rehabilitation aspects of all applicable local or interjurisdictional emergency management plans and authorizes the furnishing of aid and assistance under the declaration.”
Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said they probably will include restrictions on using public transportation and visiting areas where they’d be at risk of transmitting Ebola.President Barack Obama vowed a more aggressive federal role.He offered assurance that a “serious outbreak” remains extremely unlikely — a somewhat weaker promise than one last week, when he said the threat of any outbreak remained “extremely low.”“I want people to understand that the dangers of you contracting Ebola, the dangers of a serious outbreak, are extraordinarily low,” Obama said. “But we are taking this very seriously at the highest levels of government.”Dallas Morning News
Tune in on Tuesday August 12, at 8 PM CDT (What is Central Daylight Time?)
This week we will be discussing the Rodney Lincoln case with Rodney's daughter Kay Lincoln.
We will be taking calls in the final segment. Please call in with any comments or questions: (347) 850-1478.
Rodney Lincoln is currently serving two life sentences for the murder of JoAnn Tate and the assault of Tate's two young daughters in April of 1982 in St. Loius, Missouri.
Rodney was convicted based on a hair found at the crime scene that was attributed to him and a questionable line-up conducted by police. Rodney has strongly proclaimed his innocence from the beginning and was fully cooperative with police during the investigation. Did Rodney's willingness to help police cost him a life of freedom?
The Midwest Innocence Project took Rodney's case in 2005. Their efforts would eventually lead to DNA testing on the hair evidence that secured Rodney's conviction. In 2010, Rodney and his supporters received the news they had been waiting to hear for years. The hair was not Rodney's. This new evidence has given Rodney hope that he will soon be coming home, after spending nearly half his life behind bars for a crime he did not commit.
Sadly, freedom has not yet come for Rodney Lincoln. The Midwest Innocence Project continues to fight for Rodney and his support continues to grow. Please visit www.freeRodneyLincoln.com to learn more about this case.
Now on his second term as President of these United States President Obama has made ground breaking decisions that have effected us all. Some have been positive and some not so positive. How would you grade President Obama's report card?
Join Zaiyah and Uptown as they discuss this and the Ray Rice controversy on this evenings edition of Zaiyah's House.
Nope, not the soup. Everyone on television has been trying to find just the right "snark" to point the President's wavering positions, but the "Mulligan" is the one that works for me. Because if he gets as many of them on the course as he does while working the Oval Office, then he's got to be one 'CRAPPY' PLAYER.'
Anyway, gotta get ready for the show. Had a class today and I'm running a bit late, but I promise to be here by 2:30 EST. Lots to talk about. Talk with you in a few.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (125 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (72 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (59 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (58 chatters)
- Straitway (58 chatters)
- Yada (41 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (17 chatters)
- reactionariez (14 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- Bellesprit (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (8 chatters)
- The Portal (8 chatters)
- Acts 1711 Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Nicole Dantzler (2 chatters)
- OT Show (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The FabLife Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- DHead Radio (1 chatters)