SORT BY Relevancy
On this episode of Aquatic Wetline, Host Aqua Alex and Thursday Co-host Discus Man William T will be discussing another awesome fish for beginners. We will be discussing the swordtails and platies. Platies and swordtails are available in every store and are very easy to keep for beginner hobbyists. Livebearers also breed on their own and this fact alone makes then awesome for beginners besides the fact they are easy to care for.
Topics for the show will include: How to keep and care for these fish, sexing them, tankmates, and more!
Please call 347-989-8142 dial 1 with questions!
These extremely colorful and active fish are popular among hobbyists of all experience levels. Despite their delicate appearance they are hardy, easy-care fish that add great beauty to any home or office aquarium.
Just as their name suggests, livebearers are fish that give birth to live, free-swimming young. However, in the aquarium hobby, the term livebearer is commonly used to refer to a specific group of fish belonging to the family Poeciliidae. This group of freshwater fish includes perennial aquarium favorites such as mollies, guppies, and platies.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (30 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (5 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- Step Into the Light (1 chatters)
- The Sports Drive Podcast (1 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- SoulfullyAboutYou (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- ChrisStevensOnAir (1 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (1 chatters)
- Dan Clements (1 chatters)
- Bill Martinez Live (0 chatters)