SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Lake's semon is taken from Luke 4:18 where he lists the 'platform of Jesus', i.e. think of a political party and their 'platform' stating their beliefs and goals.
This verse states Jesus' belief about his goals. His 'political party's agenda' if you would.
1. Preach the Gospel to the poor.
2. Heal the brokenhearted.
3. Preach deliverance to the captives.
4.Recovering of sight to the blind.
5. Set at liberty them that are bruised.
6. Preach the acceptable year of the Lord, or the 'year of the Lord's acceptnce'.
People become members of a political party because they believe the platform of that party. As Christians - Christ's ones, we can adopt these six planks as our goals also. These goals are a good guideline and protection from error.
Keep it simple, saints.
Practice these six planks that make up Jesus' platform and you can't get into error and will bear much fruit for the Kingdom.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (29 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (22 chatters)
- Red River Radio (10 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (8 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- The Spiritual Concepts Show (5 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (2 chatters)
- and now for something completely (1 chatters)
- New Destiny Ministries (1 chatters)