SORT BY Relevancy
The foundation of the Pivotal Plays campaign is all about showcasing the often-unsung heroes who have performed amazing things that may have been overlooked.
Much like athletes whose actions are vitally important to the outcome of a game – though aren’t getting the recognition they deserve -- Pivotal Plays are all about finding stories of achievement, progress and the things that define our every day.
Whether it is something that occurs in the community, on the playing field in sports, in business or in government, the Pivotal Plays program is about giving credit where credit is due. We want to recognize the individuals, groups, teams and organizations that perform those achievements and bring them to light.
Erik Ayers, Co-Founder of the Pivotal Plays Campaign, discusses why uncovering and recognizing these Pivotal Plays is paramount to the campaign itself.
In 2005, Tom Deierlein, CEO of Thundercat, was a U.S. Army Major serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom. During this time, he undertook a philanthropic effort in Iraq where organized donations of vitamins and other supplies to the poorest in Sadr City, Iraq.
While on duty, Tom was shot by a sniper, which made it difficult to hand out donations to the children as he recovered. Though his friends and extended network established a foundation to keep the donations going, which ultimately raised more than $120,000.
Check out this full podcast with Mr. Deierlein.
Sometimes the best business ideas come from bad personal experiences. When Derek Pacqué was a senior at Indiana University, he had his $300 coat stolen at a nightclub, which did not have a viable coat check area.
He quickly realized that most bars and nightclubs don’t have coat check services, and decided to fill this need by launching a company that provides collapsible coat check kiosks. Pacqué‘s new company, called Hoosier Coat Check, initially charged $2 to $3 per coat and paid 10 and 30 percent of its revenue to the venues. In the first six months, the company earned $50,000.
Fast-forward to three years later, and Pacqué rebranded the company as CoatChex, which also offers a mobile app that uses QR codes as an alternative to the all-too-easy-to lose coat check tickets.
Following is an exclusive podcast with Derek.
Kelly Dorsey, Prevention Education Outreach Coordinator at ValueOptions recently received the Don Boyette Award for “Extraordinary Volunteerism” from the Tennessee Mental Health Consumers’ Association (TMHCA).
Following is an exclusive podcast with Dorsey who discusses this award and her passion for helping others.
In the business world, we are continually confronted with stories about unethical practices that are harmful to the community. Whether it is an insider trading story, or a news piece about poor conditions for workers, many companies often cut corners to enhance profitability and lose sight of their ethical and moral compasses.
Fortunately, Forbes Magazine is creating the standard for shining a light on companies that are doing right by their employees and communities.
Using data from GMI Ratings, Forbes came up with a list of the 100 most “transparent and trustworthy” companies by examining more than 8,000 companies traded on U.S. exchanges.
For the second year in a row, Sandy Spring Bancorp, Inc. – the largest publicly traded banking company headquartered and operating in Maryland – was named to this year’s list – which is clearly a Pivotal Play.
6pm pst / 9pm est
On Episode 58 Kinte & Yardley sit down with actor Christian Sloan who plays Parker. Air Date 9/30/14
Christian Sloan @christiansloan https://twitter.com/christiansloan
Christian Sloan is an actor, known for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011), Black Christmas (2006) and The Break-Up Artist (2009).
Hosts: Kinte @KinteF https://twitter.com/KinteF
Guest co host: Stephanie Chabeniuk
Yardley @militant_marker https://twitter.com/militant_marker won't be on show
Voice Mail Number: (323) 596-7469
Live Call in Number: (347) 857-3385 press 1 to enter the host queue
Show Twitter https://twitter.com/TalkingHell
With abortion being as heated a topic as it is, it's always a huge issue in modern day politics. Despite the extremely sensitive nature of the topic, it's a topic that consistently needs to be reviewed and discussed because it's pivotal to the American social sphere. Therefore, the questions remain: What're America's opinions on abortion? Is abortion morally or ethically correct? Should abortion be made illegal? Today on TrueChat Radio's The Current Issues Show, we will dicuss the answers to these questions and more as we delve further into the issue.
Join us Live Wednesday 8P EST - Call in Skype or Chat at blogtalkradio.com/usaebn or www.usaebn.org
Each week the experts will pick one disaster scenario and equip you with the gear and tactics to research and develop to survive and thrive. We field test and review Survival and Preparedness Tools and Tactics. We invite others to join us to share Knowledge.
Knife Purveyor Marc Lacrimosa has been collecting and selling custom knives for several years. He views each knife as an individual work of art with each knife maker being an artist and steel being his or her canvas.
NebShip Survival Shop
A wise man prepares for the darkness, while a fool plays. Don’t get caught playing.
Listen to USA Emergency Broadcasting Network – An American Readiness Program at www.usaebn.org
In order to save as many lives as we can please pass this information around, link to our site, whatever you need to do to share this information. Together we can save lives.
USA Emergency Broadcasting Network Alerts are for informational use only. These alerts purpose is to inform you of news events in order for you to adjust your family preparedness programs. We believe that knowledge is power and in order for you to make informed decisions, we try and bring you verified information, not to increase fear but to inform you. We do not endorse any of the sources we link to in any article.
Remember: Research everything before you believe anything!!!
In this show you’ll learn:
More about the gut and its metabolic properties.
How dieting can actually lead to increased weight gain.
Natural ways to increase gut hormones.
Background and Guest Information:
Good nutrition and high-intensity exercise are just two of a sequence of ingredients that are needed to make your body lean. There are additional ingredients, such as gut health, intestinal bacteria, biological rhythms, inflammation, the stress response, leptin signaling, and fat cell health that are essential to fine-tuning your metabolism and overcoming weight-loss resistance.
Join Dr. Ritamarie and Mike Mutzel as they share information, tips, and secrets to empower your body to balance leptin and insulin levels, hack your stress response to burn more fat, heal your gut to burn more fat, and more.
Mike has a B.S. in Biology from Western Washington University and is completing his M.S. in Clinical Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport.
Check out Dr. Ritamarie’s VITAL Health Community for additional resources on the role that food plays in your health, and strategies for planning your meals so that you can live your life full of energy and vitality.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- John Baptist (90 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- in5d (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (19 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (18 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (17 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (15 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (12 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (11 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (6 chatters)
- canadianglen (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (5 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (5 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)