SORT BY Relevancy
Gizmo returns with his report and introduces us to Miss Hockanum Valley of the Miss America Organization, Pippa Leigh. A new friend to Pet Radio, professional dog trainer and co-founder of the online dog trainning seminars, Wagfield Academy, Lisa Gunter gives us tips on how to enrich your dogs llife during the fall and winter when spending quality time outside is not practical.
You will also hear about the high quality dog foods from Solid Gold and Nutro.
Join us for all the fun!
Since 1993, Project POOCH has successfully paired hundreds of unwanted shelter dogs with incarcerated youths. The youths care for, groom and train unwanted shelter dogs and help to find them new adoptive “forever homes." Youths (guided by professionals) learn to train the dogs, groom them, and find them new adoptive "forever homes." The dogs leave the program ready to be great pets, while their trainers re-enter the community with new job and personal skills and increased compassion and respect for all life.
Dog trainer Colleen Demling discusses how to address the training needs of a dog adopted from a shelter. How to evaluate if your dog from a sheltewr may have baggage that needs to be addressed and how to give a rescued dog the best possible home.
Join your host Peggy Hoyt and her special guest Cathie Harvey, a certified professional dog trainer and owner of Pawsitive Canine as they discuss pet training techniques. Cathie will teach us a few secrets to keep in mind when training your pet. Tune in on Monday, September 21st at 3:00p.m. to learn more about Pawsitive Canine and Cathie Harvey. #PetTraining
Mango is a 2 yr old girl, overflowing with cuteness and love. She was found on the side of the road in a ditch in Fort Worth, and was picked up by animal control on a random call and dropped at the local city kill shelter.
After being saved by Emma’s Rescue, multiple tests indicated damage that was irreversible. She suffered a fractured back and pelvis, and now depends on a wheelcart to get around. Mango also suffers from incontinence, and has to wear a diaper .
Emma’s Rescue has a program called Emma’s Rescue Reserve, which adopted her out to Judy who is a veteran in Ohio. Together, Judy and Mango are on a mission going to VA hospitals and clinics offering emotional support and inspiration.
Also joining us is Cindy Ritter from the Animal House Shelter in Huntely, IL.a no kill shelter who rescues all breeds of cats and dogs.
Read more about Mango HERE and visit her Facebook page.
Helmetta is a very small town in New Jersey. In 2011, under the direction of the Mayor, an animal shelter was built to not only take in strays and abused animals from the township, but for a fee they offered their services to 10 other surroundig town. From the shelters begining it ws plagued by complaints of unsanitary and unhealthy conditions, animals being euthanized without evr being put up for adoption, adopting out animals without being vetted, spayed or neutered, and even adopting out sick and pregnant dogs and cats. The New Jersey SPCA apparently agreed and issued citations against the shelter six times.Still nothing happened and as the years went by, it apparently only became worse... until a local news station did series of reports and the sheltrs own vet. went on camera to blow the wistle. In November the NJ health department and the NJ SPCA raided the shelter nd closed it down for health code violations amd the town council turned the shelter over to the SPCA for temporary administration. According to sources the SPCA found the conditions and health of the animals even worse than what they feared. And this bizzare story continues with some questioning the Mayor's role in this.
Two people involved in this case are joining us. First Martin Mondoker, a local activist will share with us this whole story from his standpoint, and Michelle Dawn with Homeless Animal Lifeline, a rescue who was allowed to pull cats from the shelter and witnessed first hand the conditions inside the shelter.
Join us to hear how a few dedicated people refused to have their voice ignored and made a difference.
Please visit our web site and Facebook page
This week we honor our friend Gizmo, first with a live report from Gizmo and then a review of all of Gizmos appearances on Pet Radio including Gizmo and Jen's first appearance. Kick back and relax and listen to the adventures of the cutest therapy dog and how he brightens our world.
There are very distinct, yet overlapping, phases of grief. We go through the stages in various orders and in varying degrees on the road to recovering from any loss. If we lose a jacket at the ballpark, we may go through all the stages in a few minutes. If the jacket was one that was given to us by our brother on our birthday, it may take much more time.
If the animal was a family pet and stayed outside, it may not hit us as hard as if he were our own companion and greeted us each night when we came in the door. If your pet was a companion and best friend, the mourning will be a deep one.
1. Shock/Denial/Numbness. We can not believe this has happened to us. Our body and emotions numb themselves against the pain. The mind denies the loss. Often we will say things like "This can't be true." One of the valid reasos for memorials and funerals is to acknowledge that death did take place.
2. Fear/AngerDepression. After the numbness wears off and we are once again able to feel, then all of our repressed feelings come roaring back. Sometimes these feeling ared not rational at first and can seedk someone to blame, either an outsider or ourselves. "I can't share how sad I am about my dog, because my co-workers will think I am crazy." "But, on the other hand, I inquire about their child's cold and buy their stupid Girl Scout cookies to support them. It isn't fair!" "Oh God, please don't let me start crying at work again. I heard someone call me a drama queen and say; It's only a dog, not a child."
3. Understanding/Acceptance/Moving on.
4. New Hurts May Trigger Old Wounds.
Buzz the Fuzz is a 20 pound six year old ragdoll who was rescued from a tough living situation, and is now working as a therapy cat visiting hospitals in New York. You will hear the whole story of Buzz including his rescue and his new and foreever home.
Also joining us is Pet Tree Houses, the indoor cat tree that looks like a real tree! Healthycoat, a dog food suppliment and hairball preventative for cats is also here to speak to us.
Tracie Hotchner joins us to talk about the Dog Film Festival, and Amanda and her dog Keller are here to talk about a breeding practice called Merle. They are beautiful looking dogs, but breeding two merles together creates genetic problems such as blindness and deafness. Learn more about these dogs and the breeding.
Jen and Gizmo return for the Gizmo report, and Ricochet the Surf Dog and his Mom Judy will be here to share with us some special news, and Tera McCurry from Doggie Protective Services in Ventura County California will tell us how they saved 10 unweened puppies!
They are cute, cuddly and full of love that can change our lives and the people around us. Help us celebrate the lives of our four legged friends.
Pet Radio Show
Pet Radio Facebook
Today is the last show for the miniseries How to Deal With the Death of a Beloved pet. The following topics will be addressed during todays show:
Clear mind, caring heart
What are your inner resources
Volunteer and give service
Asking for and being open to support
When to get a new pet
This is the final week of this miniseries. If you have found this information helpful or wish to know more go to www.deathofmypet.com for more info
If you have a story that you wish to share send it to Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org with PET STORY in the subject line.
Are you ready to feel the pain? Why not? In this high impact episode of Navy SEAL Radio, host David Rutherford explores the power of pain as it relates to enhancing performance and acheiving success. David dives into the harsh world of Special Operations training and how it generates the worlds most elite performers. David relives his own incredible pain and inspires his audience to get off their butts to experience their own level of pain. He delives four Froglogic Concepts to help guide the listener into the right program for them. Don't miss this epic show so you too can begin to live for the pain. HOOYAH
Top Navy SEAL Motivational Speaker, Author and Performance Coach, David Rutherford ignites audiences with his high energy, no nonsense approach to motivating people to succeed in any environment imaginable. As a top Behavioral Training Specialist David motives people from all walks of life with his motivational philosophy called Froglogic - A Navy SEAL Motivational Training Program. Derived from 20 years of personal exploration into the human condition David combines his incredible journey with 70 plus years of Navy SEAL operations, training and elite lifestyle performance successes. His masterful ability to inspire enables individuals and teams to Forge Self-Confidence, Live the Team Life, Embrace Fear and Live with Purpose. HOOYAH
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (110 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (41 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (35 chatters)
- The Portal - Dorothy (29 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (24 chatters)
- AJC Radio (17 chatters)
- Fins Radio (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- Witch School (10 chatters)
- 5 Smooth Stones (8 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio (7 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- America Matters show (5 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (4 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (3 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- Love Unlimited Coaching (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (1 chatters)
- The Steve and Joe Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)