SORT BY Relevancy
Background: Substances of abuse are a cultural phenomenon as ancient as civilization itself. Only recently, however, have scientists begun to study their effects on us, and more specifically, their effects on our brains. Why do people get addicted to drugs, tobacco, and alcohol? Why is it so hard to kick a habit? It stands to reason that since drug use is self-destructive, people would naturally avoid it. This obviously is not the case. What is not so obvious, however, is why people turn to addictive drugs. People use drugs, tobacco, and alcohol to feel good, without regard to the fact that long-term effects are very bad. Research is only now showing us how genetic and environmental factors all play a part in our susceptibility to substance addiction.
KEY WORDS: Alcoholism, dopamine, emotional memory, neurotransmitter, physical dependence, addiction
The Dana Sourcebook of Brain Science
SUGGESTED RECALL QUESTIONS: 1. What percentage of Americans smoke on a daily basis? 25 percent, one in four.
2. What percentage of American high school students use tobacco? 35 percent, more than one in three.
3. How many adult Americans have used an illegal drug at some point in their lives?: a) 70,000 b) 700,000 c) 7,000,000 d) 70,000,000 Answer: d
4. Can drug use modify your brain? Yes.
5. True or false: Nicotine is NOT an addictive substance. False
6. How can alcohol abuse affect memory loss and dementia? Alcohol abuse can lead to or increase both.
Join us tonight as we speak with our special guest caller. She's no stranger to the show but she'll share with us her personal story of how she fell on hard times with sex, drugs and prostitution. You don't want to miss this riveting conversation!
Today Nick & Joanna will be discussing the intricate web of psychiatry and pharmaceuticals. It seems these days that a psychiatrist's job is only about prescribing toxic medications without addressing the whole person. Patients are also told that they should not come off of these drugs once they are on them.
Is there actually a test to determine whether someone has low serotonin in their body? Should there be? Just as there is a test to determine blood sugar & whether someone has diabetes....
Do you know what the DSM 5 is? Diganostic and Statistical Manual of Psychiatric Illness
Can pharmaceuticals actually cause the symptoms they are designed to treat? What about suicial / homocidal ideation?
Where does the processing of feelings and emotions come in as a means to healing those traumas that cause anxiety, depression, "mood disorder", and more?
Where does nutrition and mind/body practices fit in to the therapeutic envireonment in which people need to heal? Is awareness or consciousness a factor?
What are the options for people who have been hopistalized? Are hospitals actually therapeutic environments in which patients can heal themselves?
Can things like meditation, hypnosis, yoga, nutrition, and breathing help?
www.thekalyanacentre.com / www.drjoannacarmichael.com / 484-412-8815
Citizen's Commission on Human Rights. www.CCHR.org
What is Performance Consulting?
Performance Consulting is a process in which clients and consultants partner to improve workplace performance in support of business goals. Comparing the traditional approach to the performance approach helps to focus on what we want people to do more, better, or differently. In other words, what would you like to see people do that they aren't doing now?
Ms. Denise Patrick is Rod Colon's guest. Ms Patrick has more than 20 years of experience as a project manager, instructor, and corporate trainer with a focus on communication, leadership and diversity & inclusion. Blending her corporate experience in banking and management consulting for companies like Chancellor Capital Management, JP Morgan and Booz Allen Hamilton, with her academic knowledge of rhetoric and corporate communication, Ms. Patrick now works as a business and performance consultant. As a consultant to businesses she partners with businesses to improve business performance through holistic learning and development strategies. As a personal talent development consultant she works with individuals to help them strengthen their skills and confidence in communication and leadership.
in Indie Music
Kick it with Perfect Ego & Baby Doll will be sitting down with MC Mickey DeVane to talk about her career and upcoming performance at SE 360 Festival (Oct. 4th). Also, the ladies will be discussing Drugs & Music -- Cocaine is a helluva drug! The ladies are naming some of the music artists who have ruined and continue to ruin their careers via drug abuse. Call in to share your thoughts and enjoy the show. We’re calling out names!
While Perfect Ego and Baby Doll give the best of sarcastic satire and disrespectful love tap opinions on current events and juicy gossip, the show focuses on revealing the best of Independent Entertainment as a whole, plays music and interviews the best independent music artists, producers, film directors, models, freelance photographers, writers, actors, etc.
For the latest in news, entertainment, & more check us out at www.TheGrid10.com!
7:30 ET - Brent Barrett - Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series Rookie of the Year and 5th in points; currently 6th in points on NeSmith DLMS looking to break into top 5 at Golden Isles
7:45 ET - Chris Noah - NeSmith Chevrolet DLMS Rookie of the Year and 2nd in points; 3 Top 10's at Golden Isles earlier this season
8:00 ET - Ronnie Johnson - 2014 Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series Champion; NeSmith Chevrolet DLMS point leader; looking for better results in return to Golden Isles Speedway
Why does medication use matter?
When you think about losing fat and gaining muscle, you might not think about the role that your medications play in getting results.
But in fact, your medication might be affecting — even actively hampering — your progress.
Here, we’ll look at some of the more common medications, and what effects they can have on your nutrition, fitness, and overall wellness.
At the end of this article, we’ll give you some suggestions about what to do next.
First, three important cautions.
1. We do NOT recommend that you simply quit taking any suspect medications. Always discuss any changes in medication with your doctor and/or pharmacist.
2. We’re NOT saying “medications always bad, pharma-free living always good”. We know that for many folks, medications can mean the difference between a good — or functional — day and a horrible day. If you’re on medications, you probably have some well-founded concerns about your health. We’re simply offering some information that you may not have considered in making your decisions about whether to take a particular drug.
3. We do NOT cover all the potential side effects of a given medication. These side effects are just those relevant to people who are looking to lose fat, gain muscle, and/or improve their athletic performance.
WHAT IS THE #1 CAUSE OF POOR PERFORMANCE?
TO SOLVE PROBLEMS; INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY OR ADDRESS POOR PERFORMANCE ISSUES...........you need to understand the root of a performance problem before you can fully address it.
The ability and motivation go together to impact performance, and the most successful performance improvement efforts by combine strategies for improving or worthless if you don't know THE ROOT CAUSE of poor performance!
Soooooooo; WHAT IS THE #1 CAUSE OF POOR PERFORMANCE?
Remove this ONE problem and you can create a positive environment where people feel supported to reach their performance potential; and feel loved, valued, and respected.
For every hundred men hacking away at the branches of a diseased tree, only one will stoop to inspect the roots. – Chinese proverb.
On this weeks episode we talk about breastfeeding with Jill Wodnick. Jill Wodnick is a national speaker on giving birth, being born, breastfeeding & infant mental health. Jill is a Lamaze educator, certified lactation counselor and led a community doula program to reduce perinatal disparities. She is affiliated faculty at Montclair State University’s Center for Autism & Early Childhood Mental Health running the 'Enhancing the First Relationship: Breastfeeding as a Protective Factor in Infant Mental Health' initiative. to learn more a bout Jill visit her website: http://www.jillwodnick.com
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luke 10:17-19 (in Context) Luke 10 (Whole Chapter
AAA Matt. 8:28-34
Matthew 8:28-34Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. 29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? 30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. 31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. 32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters. 33 And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils. 34 And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts. Matthew 8:31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (393 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (22 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (12 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (11 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (6 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (6 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (4 chatters)
- OneXHeart Messages with Robin (4 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (4 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Just Us Radio Network (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Life Oasis Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- HME Network (2 chatters)
- Go Nameless Its Painless (2 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- DPRPresents (2 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- The Daily Broward Show (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (1 chatters)