SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight we welcome author and Jonestown survivor Laura Johnston Kohl to the show. When 914 members of Peoples Temple and four visiting Americans died in Guyana, South America on November 18, 1978, Laura Johnston Kohl survived. She was one of 87 who lived through the trauma.
After participating with the Black Panthers, and attending Woodstock, Laura moved into Peoples Temple in California in 1970, and was an active and enthusiastic member until the day it ended. She moved to Guyana in March 1977. She frequently traveled between Georgetown and Jonestown, a 24-hour boat ride, but moved into Jonestown in October 1978. Laura’s survival was a fluke.
It took twenty years for Laura to rebuild her life and have the determination to research this tragedy. The first ten years were spent in Synanon. Then, she reunited with many of the other survivors to put the pieces together and to get some understanding. After ten years she wrote her autobiography.
For nearly twenty years, June Saruwatari, author of Behind The Clutter: Truth.Love.Meaning.Purpose., has been transforming hundreds of peoples' lives by coaching them to design a life they absolutely love! While the core of her work has focused on all layers of the organizing process (mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical), June has also acted as a life and business coach, counselor, advisor, productivity and time management expert, therapist, designer, stylist, and other roles in order to help clients simplify, declutter, organize, curate, and create their best lives.
As founder and owner of The Organizing Maniac™, June brings a spiritual perspective to the decluttering process with her unique philosophy of Truth.Love.Meaning.Purpose™. Her wildly effective and fun methods have helped to shift not only her clients' day-to-day habits, but their consciousness as well. The intention of her work has always been the same: to help people live “life as art,” approaching each day as a blank canvas with infinite possibilities.
June has served as a coach, teacher, consultant, and lecturer for dozens of businesses and groups, including CEOs, investment bankers, attorneys, judges, architects, artists, politicians, writers, rabbis, university professors, housewives, mothers, children, Hollywood producers, and celebrities.
She has appeared on The Nate Berkus Show, co-hosted the first season of TLC’s Home Made Simple, been featured in numerous books and publications such as Woman’s Day, and acted in numerous television shows, films, and commercials.
You can find out more about June at www.junesaruwatari.com.
A writer since she won a crisp dollar bill in an elementary school essay contest, Janelle Harris uses her platform as a storyteller to explore the diasporic experiences, challenges and diversities of Black people, particularly Black women, whom she loves fiercely. As a journalist and blogger, her work has appeared in more than 40 publications, including Essence, Ebony, Vibe, Uptown, Clutch, The Root, The Grio, Yahoo, Jezebel and The Huffington Post. As an editor and communications consultant, she has shaped content that reframes played out narratives and equitably discusses communities underrepresented in mainstream media.
Harris is owner and wordsmithing mastermind of The Write or Die Chick, a boutique editorial services agency based in Washington, DC, where she stands in the creative gap for clients to develop copy that celebrates, engages and speaks to women. She posts weekly about Black women’s issues on her blog of the same name at Essence.com and has appeared as a speaker and subject matter expert on radio shows, Twitter chats, discussion panels and other platforms. In 2013, Harris founded SheScribes, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Black women and girls embrace the healing, restorative power of writing and storytelling. She leads day-long workshops and weekly sessions on journaling, poetry, creative fiction, journalism and vision writing. She’s also an instructor, both online and in classrooms, who has helped aspiring writers better understand the fine art of freelancing. Harris is the mother of a dynamic 16-year-old daughter, Skylar, a proud alumna of Lincoln University in Pennsylvaniaand is finishing her master’s degree in African-American studies at Temple University. A perfect day in her world include: 75 degree weather, Frankie Beverly on repeat, a used book sale and a meal at Panda Express.
HOSTED BY MS.ZEE & LADY GEMNEYE
Ladies & Gents come learn about all aspects of Womb Wellness with our beautiful special guests: Tiffany Janay of Organic Blood and Mawusi Ashshakir of The Body Temple Institute.
Tweet us @Letstalk_8
Like our fan page www.facebook.com/letstalkaboutit
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- PatriotVPN (26 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (24 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (9 chatters)
- Curious Times (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Thats Novel (6 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (5 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (4 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (4 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- talking paranormal2 (2 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (2 chatters)
- The Way Walkers (2 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (1 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- American Peoples Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- The Urban Release (1 chatters)
- Tales of Hair and Hairy Tales (0 chatters)