SORT BY Relevancy
Early in EMS education we are presented with the idea that "time" is a factor in much of what we do. Golden Hours, Platinum Ten Minutes, Time is Muscle etc.
While some of these can help us with our treatment and transport decisions, have you ever wondered or questioned if they are getting in the way of patient care?
As EMS providers we bring much of the Emergency Department to the patient. Even more so we are expected to provide certain levels of care to our patients prior to delivery to these ED's.
I am sure that you have been questioned or made to feel like less of a provider when you don't provide certain aspects of care. Even when it was due to trying to follow dictated "time" constraints that are expected and may have been in the patients better interest to transport rather than perform a skill prior to arrival at the ED.
So what do you think? Are these time markers valuable to us as providers or helpful?
Do we end up focusing too much on them and not on what is best for the patient?
Join us for this episode as we discuss this and other popular EMS topics. Call in Toll Free or come into the chat room to share your opinion.
Visit Jim at EMSSEO.com
Check out Josh over at WANTYNU.com and be sure to look up his newest EMS Tool - The PALM.
Jane Cooper is founder, President and CEO of Patient Care, the nation’s leading advocacy company, based in Milwaukee, WI. The company began operations in August, 2001 and helped create the advocacy industry. Patient Care currently provides services for over 1 million members across the country.
Jane is a pioneer in health care reform. Her company equips consumers with information needed to make informed decisions. Her experience indicates when given cost and quality information consumers make better choices saving themselves and us money.
Today we are excited to welcome Sue Jacques, The Civility CEO who will be helping us understand how the use of electronics in medical practice affects patient care. She is a well-known and highly-regarded writer for Physician's Practice and the Huffington Post, as well as other publications. Her expertise is in Business Etiquette but she's also a keynote speaker, corporate facilitator and professionalism coach.
Cassia started as a dialysis assistant in 2007 and in 2008
was promoted to a dialysis technician. Cassia's number one priority is
making sure that each patient that she has in her care is really handled
professionally in every way and the result is her patients appreciate her
so much. She has created a book called Expert Tips on Becoming A Dialysis
Technician. It is designed to give all those interested in becoming a
dialysis technician tips on how to be a real professional in a dialysis
environment, this book is also good for technicians that desire to brush up
on their skills. Her book explores ways to handle a patient in the best way
possible, do's and don'ts, how to listen to the patient and so much more.
Cassia knows this book will give great insight to dialysis patients and
will inspire new or experienced dialysis technicians to be the best
When thinking about rural EMS systems compared to an urban setting. Does the rural setting have certain advantages? What about disadvantages? Issues like available resources, transport times, volunteers, skills frequency and others can play a role in overall patient care.
So what are your thoughts? Do these two systems differ? Are they similar enough not to matter in the long run?
Join us for this episode and give your experiences in the chat room or call in toll free.
We focus a lot on response in EMS. Our response allong with our training can effect patient outcomes. But what about when response is the focus without equal attention to training. Getting there is only part of what we do, yet is often the one marker that is looked at when it comes to a patients outcome.
This week we talk about EMS response, call types, training and how they reflect on patient outcomes.
Does the 8-10 minute response have a positive impact or is it better training and equipment?
Join us for this discussion.
A frank discussion with family members of departed Dialysis Patients about the level of care provided to their loved one. Additionally the feeling of a lack of basic information on the care of the family member and how they felt out of the loop during the Dialysis process and care for their loved one will be covered.
The current problem with overworked and under trained technician’s which has led to patient injury and in some cases patient deaths needs to be addressed and changes legislated.
There are too many cases of patients being terminated from care for unjust causes; then blackballed from care by other clinics within the same company.
Listen on line at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dialysisadvocates/2014/09/05/dialysis-talk
To listen by phone or participate call (347) 857-3961
Thursday evening September 4, 2014
9:00 Eastern, 8:00 Central, 6:00 Pacific
Brought to you by Dialysis Advocates: http://www.dialysisadvocates.com
Check out the next episode of #ACHradio when we go deep into the world of pediatric research! There is so much more to research than microscopes and stacks of paper! Listen live or download our interview with Frances Hamblin, RN - Director of Research Operations at All Children's Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine to learn more.
What does it mean to be a researcher today? How do the studies impact patient care? What is happening differently at All Children's Hospital? So much to talk about in just a half hour!
Don't miss it...Wednesday the 20th at 12:30 eastern time!
This week Dr. Elvira will speak with Dr. Manon Bolliger, the founder of Bowen college, director of Cornerstone Health Centre and author of What Patients Don’t Say if Doctors Don’t Ask – The Mindful Patient-Doctor Relationship. They will talk about many things including the rapid changes occurring in health care today, the importance of providing quality health care, what is meant my quality health care, and how it can be accomplished.
Dr. Bolliger has treated thousands of patients in Canada over the past two decades; from rural farmers in Nova Scotia to corporate stressed out CEOs in Toronto, to Tri-Athletes in British Columbia. This diversified experience, not only in the range of required skills in health care and in pain relief, but also the differing mindsets that people have towards their bodies, has helped her identify the importance of the doctor-patient relationship and being able to truly listen and respond from the place where people are coming from.
Her Cornerstone Health Centre accommodates a full team of experts. The Centre has programs for patients that include pain relief, aging with grace (anti-aging) and holistic and preventative family health care. Her passion for healing from the inside out has led her to specialize in homeopathy and the Bowen Technique. Throughout her personal and academic journey, she was led by her desire to understand what makes people change, grow, heal and celebrate life.
She has a Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, is a Certified Advance Bowen practitioner, and Studied under a wide variety of homeopaths at the New England School of Homeopathy, the Dynamis School of Homeopathy with Jeremy Sherr, the Bombay School and with Massimo Mangiolavori.
Our guest is Dr. Uchenna Onyeachom, Director of Endovascular Researh at Heart and Vascular Outcomes Research Institute in Beverly, Massachusetts, http://www.hvori.org We will be talking with him about the Venous Patient Outcome Registry. We will talk about the kinds of conditions, including peripheral venous disease and varicose veins, about which information is being collected, and why patients and physicians might want to participate.
The Venous Patient Outcome Registry (VPOR), the first-ever patient-centered online registry, was developed to assess patient outcomes and quality of life for the various treatments of venous disease by standardizing the collection and analysis of clinical information, patient trends and practice patterns by specialists nationwide. Since its launch , VPOR is already recruiting sites and patients from all regions of the United States.
VPOR aims to provide clear, impartial evidence on the effectiveness, benefits and harms of available treatment options for both patients and physicians. Align the needs of patients with the performance of physicians, VPOR will help to translate research findings into information that is useful to clinicians, policy makers, payers and regulators for better patient care. http://www.venouspatientregistry.org
The Heart & Vascular Outcomes Research Institute (HVORI) is a non-profit research organization dedicated to the study of heart, vascular and related disorders. HVORI’s mission is to provide excellence in patient-focused outcome research, thereby improving quality of care, advancing clinical outcomes, reducing healthcare costs and driving innovation.
in Self Help
LADIES, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU! When the demands of the situations and seasons in our lives wear us down, the first thing to suffer is how we take care of ourselves. Sure the situation may call for “all hands on deck” but even so, in those it’s even more critical that we honor the need to breathe, relax, and allow the Universe (God) work in our favor.
Come join us for this lively discussion about how to be “in the work” while also taking good care of ourselves. You deserve it!
Rachelle Ramm is a Certified Leadership Coach and is known as a no-nonsense results getter, whose purpose and passion is helping IT sales professionals confidently create their core foundation to produce extraordinary results. As the IT Sales Coach, she has created a 4 Step Success Strategy: Discover, Plan, Implement, and Master to meet the challenge of positive change and renewal.
Kristin Young, the “Marriage Enthusiast” is the CEO of Living The Vows, which assists with bringing joy to marriages BEFORE the proposal. Her mission is simply this, to restore the beauty, respect and value that marriage deserves by reaching 3 million married couples who are committed to “Living the Vows…and LOVING it!.” For more on Kristin, visit www.livingthevows.com
Tamarra Causley Robinson, Certified Life and Career Transitions Coach is a game changer in her life and in the lives of others. She coaches clients through scheduled and unscheduled change events, moving them from fear and doubt to a life of bold new beginnings and authentic steps forward with courage, confidence and power! For more on Tamarra, visit www.dare2doitnow.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (98 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (58 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (52 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (28 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (22 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (20 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (20 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (18 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (12 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- BITEradio me (10 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (9 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (7 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (7 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (7 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- 1twopunch (6 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (5 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (5 chatters)
- NCI Radio (5 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- wayneG (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (4 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (4 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Bellesprit (3 chatters)
- Aaron McCready (3 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (3 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (2 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (1 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- VisitorsSection (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (0 chatters)