SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Joe Hickey, MD, discusses the approach he uses in his practive to treating the symptoms of Parkinsons disease. Environmental toxins are presumed to be the triggers for development of Parkinson’s Disease. Examples of toxins as the cause of PD have been well documented such as Manganese toxicity, Carbon Monoxide poisoning, Carbon DiSulfide from the Rayon Industry and MPTP. He will add to this list, environmental exposures such as aluminum, lead, and mercury.
A diagnosis of Parkinsons Disease is actually a diagnosis that is made after all other possibilities are eliminated by standard diagnostic tests. As such, Parkinson's Disease is otherwise known as a garbage can diagnosis. During the show today, Sharry Edwards from Sound Health Options is the host and for a switch, Robert Rodgers, Ph.D. from Parkinsons Recovery is the guest. Both offer fresh perspectives on the factors that contribute to the symptoms associated with a diagnosis
Compounding pharmacist and nutritional counselor Randy Mentzer answers questions about the effectiveness (or potential danger) of medications and supplements that are being used by listeners to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's disease. Visit to order CD's of Parkinsons Recovery radio shows.
Eleven incredible individuals who are featured in the 2012 release of Pioneers of Recovery offer their insights and perspectives on recovery. Many are symptom free. Others are traveling down the road to full recovery. Clips from my radio show with each pioneer are aired during the show today. Be prepared to be inspired and motivated by people who have found solutions to their neurological problems in the most amazing places!
On a recent cover of Neurology Now magazine you can enjoy Back to the Future star Michael J Fox ‘s inspiring the cover story “Outfoxing Parkinson’s Disease”. “When I got my diagnosis,” says Fox, “the first thing the doctor did was give me a prescription. Countless PD patients have had this same experience. If that doctor could have also given me a pamphlet describing something I could do to help myself and others over the long term—b
Peggy van Hulsteyn was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease twelve years ago and she transformed her lifelong practice of yoga into a means of achieving physical relief and finding mental calm. Join the Shift on 10/10 for a special show that will inspire all to get back into the game of physical fitness and determination.
Peggy will discuss her book YOGA AND PARKINSON'S DISEASE: A Journey to Health and Healing. Discover new and inspiring ways to move and liberate your mind and body from the daily stresses of your disease.
As both a psychotherapist and a long-term yoga teacher, Barbara Gage takes an integrative approach to her life’s professions, often combining both practices to help her clients achieve optimal mental health and physical well-being.
On sale September 17, 2013, Yoga and Parkinson’s Disease: A Journey to Health and Healing, co-authored by Peggy van Hulsteyn, Barbara Gage, and Connie Wilson, is an easy-to-follow and encouraging yoga guide which specifically acknowledges the needs and limitations of a Parkinson’s patient. In addition to the physical postures helping a PD student gain strength, balance, limberness, flexibility and elasticity, the components of yoga that Barbara tries to instill as a psychotherapist are calm, confidence, improved self-image, emotional/mental stability, spiritual awareness and meaning.
Listen in to learn how yoga can help Parkinson’s patients breathe and stretch their way to a more accepting and fulfilling existence.
Barbara Gage’s website: http://barbaragage.com/
Yoga and Parkinson’s Disease product page: http://www.demoshealth.com/prod.aspx?prod_id=9781936303502
Nathan Shields and Stacy Sullivan are Physical therapist experienced in neuro and ortho rehab.
Taking a positive attitude w a chronic disease
What hits at the core of the recovery process? Clearly, exercise matters, as does eating healthy food. But, the nature of our thought forms determine whether we feel good or lousy.
In celebration of my new book today, Five Steps to Recovery I play several of my meditations on the program. The five steps are the foundation of transforming the thousands of thoughts we have every day.
Rich in the morning is a 30-minute live broadcast that covers his experiences in life. Diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease since 2002, he continues to stay upbeat and positive about life. Choosing to have a smle and stay busy with the several broadcasts he does, home schooling, writing music, and reading to stay informed and interested in life on Earth. He will be starting a blog next and releasing his third song about PD.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (122 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (67 chatters)
- Ms Blue (53 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (47 chatters)
- NTEB (42 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (35 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (18 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (17 chatters)
- Geek Pile (16 chatters)
- FirstandLast (15 chatters)
- ankhkakek (13 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (10 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (9 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- New Colony Network (8 chatters)
- torihartman (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (6 chatters)
- The NY Hip Hop Report (6 chatters)
- The RCWR Show with Lee Sanders (6 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- ParaNation (3 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- AMUN RA (3 chatters)
- amyalkon (3 chatters)
- kexelproductions (3 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (3 chatters)
- John J Nazarian Unleashed (2 chatters)
- David Fournier (2 chatters)
- High Vibrations on Low Frequencies (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (2 chatters)
- Rum Radio (1 chatters)
- Seamheads (1 chatters)
- SLYKRadio (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Kingdom of God or Nothing (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- PIP 1111 Radio (1 chatters)
- Plumluvfoods (1 chatters)
- PamelaClark0 (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (1 chatters)
- Dr Marriah Star (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- KennethLocklin (1 chatters)
- MASTER GRIOT NBBTA RADIO (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- MTG Modern Domain (1 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (1 chatters)
- lovelynaturallyyours (0 chatters)
- Inside Wrestling (0 chatters)