SORT BY Relevancy
Trena Bolden Fields interviews, film actor, producer and director, Manny Hernandez on his journey and his upcoming film Pure Love.
Manny Hernandez was born in Tijuana Mexico and came to the US at four and didn't start acting until about thirteen years ago." He has four major films due for release in 2014, including Pure Love with Charlene Amoia, The Vanished (which he also produced), and Students Like Us.
In response to the tragic death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, Trena Bolden Fields interviews psychologist Tom Glaser on the effects of addiction and things actors can do to safeguard themselves.
Tom Glaser is a masters-level licensed psychologist with over 25 years of experience. His passion for for health and wellness began in his teens, paving the way for the holistic approach he brings to his work and personal life. Buddhism and Native American spirituality are also strong influences, and he teaches on topics including mindfulness, sexuality, positive psychology, and emotional intelligence. He now works in private practice near Loring Park in Minneapolis. Tom is also a singer and stage and film actor. More information about Tom and his practice can be found at www.tomglaserLP.com, or call him at 612-240-4289.
Trena Bolden Fields talks with Billie Jo Konze about acting and her recent article on www.minnesotaplaylist.com, Acting without pay: A one woman debate.
Billie Jo Konze is a stage and on-camera actor living in Minneapolis. Billie acts frequently, writes occasionally, works doing marketing for local theater companies including Off-Leash Area, and hopes to someday finish and publish the children's books she's begun writing. In July, Billie Jo will be playing a Pulcinella in Shadow Horse Theatre's production of the seldom-performed Clive Barker play Crazyface.
Host Trena Bolden Fields interviews vocal coach and performer Orgena Rose on maintaining vocal health.
Orgena Rose is a dynamic and inspirational singer, songwriter, producer and award winning coach. A powerful and transformational energy, Orgena has appeared on Oprah, the Today Show, the Tony Awards, PBS, Broadway, Carnegie Hall, and Conan in Tyler Perry’s Row 11. She has also performed in numerous commercials, industrials and movies where her original music is featured and has produced one of the first online entertainment shows. She has toured internationally and sung with artists such as Patti Labelle, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Audra McDonald and Lea Michele of GLEE. To give back, Orgena founded the Global Artists Alliance and Sacred Rose Music where she offers workshops and programs in her mission to heal, empower and transform through the arts.
THE NFL DRAFT! - Clowney went first (gasp) but after that, what was the most significant thing that happened?
After Don Jones of Miami's twitter rant should professional atheltes even have twitter?
Should NCAA players get paid? Should it be proportionate per sport?
OKC Thunder - weren't they suppopsed to glide to the finals?
Tracey McGrady gave himself a "B-". While that's questionable, could he make it out of rookie league? Is he as good as, say, Michael Jordan.
Aroldis Chapman is back. Should the NL Central be worried about Cincinnati now?
All this and the proverbial bag of chips!
So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport crossed my desk highly recommended by Early to Rise readers and many of today’s popular authors, including Seth Godin, Daniel Pink, & Reid Hoffman, founder of Linked In.
He outlines 3 traits that make you love your work:
To achieve these traits, you must first develop valuable skills that earn you career capital. It is only when you have career capital that you can take control of your life.
“Turn your focus toward getting so good they can’t ignore you... Regardless of what you do for a living, approach your work like a true performer.”
“If you want a great job, you need to build up valuable skills – which I call career capital – to offer in return.”
“Adopt the craftsmen mindset first and then the passion follows.”
“It is a lifetime accumulation of deliberate practice that again and again ends up explaining excellence.”
People who should listen to this show are entrepreneurs, career coaches, executive coaches
Join Host Live Chats
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- SHRAonair (15 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (11 chatters)
- Pandoras Box (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- FFToolbox (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (7 chatters)
- Cubanarama (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- tiferetjournal (5 chatters)
- 63289 (5 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (4 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (3 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (3 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- iHookradio (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (2 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Tarhaka (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- RevUp with Rev Alethea (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- BUZZARDSKORNER OF LOVE (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (1 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (0 chatters)