SORT BY Relevancy
Blues songs should become a major resource as we study African American history. See this neglected art form as oral history put to song increases our appreciation for it. From the Blues, we can gain great insights about the history of our ancestors in these rural areas.
Blues songs help to supplement the missing oral history and highlight similar experiences of our own ancestors who lived in the same places. Sheba, the Mississippi Queen, escaped with her mother and siblings from Sunflower Mississippi in 1965. She grew up singing the Blues in the cotton fields, and she went on to become a professional Blues Singer. See "Butter on My Roll."
Guest, Professor Rob Moore of Miami-Dade College, will also share his love of the Blues and its history with us. He has an impressive profile here: Robert "Wild Boar" Moore and Rob Moore, Blues Guitarist.
Join Host, Robin Foster, and Over Troubled Water Contributor, Sheba, the Mississippi Queen of Blues, discuss Oral History and the History of The Blues.
See: Slavery, Sharecropping, and Oppression Gave Birth to The Blues
Join "Missing Pages Of History" today, October 3, 2015 at 1:00 PM EST. We will be discussing "The History of Policing in the U.S.'; this will be the Part III of a 4 Part series. Join us by dialing in at (818) 337-0016 or go online at: www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-inc
During this week's blogtalkradio show, Dr. Yeager, DVM, will be standing by to answer your questions on your dog's oral health and hygeine, including teeth and gums. The show is question and answer based so be sure to call in with your questions!
Join Lady Beth and Barry White Crow as the discuss history of seances and other forms of communucation from the otherside. Great time of year for this subject as the veil between the two worlds thins and becomes easier to communicate. Also call in to receive a free reading throughout the broadcast at 347-850-8292. Remember you can listen on line and join into the chat room as well. Feel free to ask questions in the chat room and we will try and answer them on air. Please tune in and listen to this informative and fun broadcast. Keep updated on future broadcast on our Face Book page Sacred Journeys Radio. Remember you can also listen to past episodes on line from the archived files on blogtalkradio/mysticalawakeningsradio
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Monday, Oct., 5th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Our guests will be Jim Clingman co-founder of One Million Conscious Black Voters and Contributors and Nkose Cheeks of The Wellness Advocates of Detroit. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com for more info and podcasts.
1) Jim Clingman, co-founder of One Million Conscious Black Voters and Contributors will discuss their National Conferene coming up Oct. 16th in Philadelphia. 2) Nkose Cheeks of The Wellness Advocates of Detroit will talk about the upcoming “Wellness Conference For Men and Women”. 3) Wholefoods Market announces they will no longer sell food made by prisoners but hundreds of other businesses will continue to do so. 4) Alabama announces the closing of 31 satellite DMV offices after passing new Voter ID laws in 2011. 5) This date in African American History and the public lynching of Sam Hose.
Mystical Muse Radio on LiveParanormal.com
TV Host & Psychic Medium Peggy Pogan LIVE!
Explore the Realm of Spirits - ghosts, loved ones & angels tonight. Call in for mini readings!
Peggy Pogan is the host of Believing in the Beyond TV show and a Psychic Medium. Peggy is available for private sessions and classes.
Spirit Watch Radio on LiveParanormal.com - Mike Berta
The famous biographer, James Parton, once referred to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as "Hell with the lid off", but today the city is vibrant, colorful and celebrated.
The Senator John Heinz History Center traces its roots back to 1879, making it the oldest cultural institution in Western Pennsylvania. The museum and research facility presents over 250 years of Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania life and it’s quest for storytelling is supported by the affiliation with the Smithsonian Institution. On a recent visit to Pittsburgh we sat down with Brady Smith from the History Center, who shared how Western Pennsylvania helped author some of America’s most compelling historical stories.
Pittsburgh was a main destination of the African-American Great Migration and that southern exodushern exodus produced a cultural mecca in the Hill District. The community inspired playwrights, musicians and Hollywood as it was the setting for the television series “Hill Street bBues”. Marimba Milliones from the Hill Community Development Corporation tells us that remnants of the Hill District’s cultural mosaic during it’s hey-days from 1920 to the 1940s, can be seen today in landmarks that once housed synagogues and other places of worship, and in the architecture of some of the historic structures that accent the community.
Built in 1907 along the Monongahela River, Carrie Furnaces 6 and 7 still stand tall and they offer a rare look into early 19th century iron-making technology. Since the collapse of Pittsburgh’s steel industry in the 1980s, the Carrie Furnaces remain the only non-operative blast furnaces in the area.
Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep: for now [is] our salvation nearer than when we believed.
We air programs on Blog Talk Radio at the following times: Sun 2:00pm, Mon 8:00pm, Tue 8:00pm, Wed 7:00pm, Thur 8:00pm, Fri 7:00pm & Sat 9:00am. All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Kay Kendall is a long-time fan of historical novels and now writes atmospheric mysteries that capture the spirit and turbulence of the sixties. A reformed PR executive who won international awards for her projects, Kay lives in Texas with her Canadian husband, three house rabbits, and spaniel Wills. Terribly allergic to her bunnies, she loves them anyway! Her book titles show she's a Bob Dylan buff too. RAINY DAY WOMEN published on July 7--the second in her Austin Starr Mystery series. She says, "In my mystery series featuring Austin Starr, amateur sleuth, I explore what life was like for a typical young woman--not a headline maker, not a Hanoi Jane or Angela Davis, but a moderate who nonetheless got swept up by history's tides during the turbulent sixties. All that turmoil lends itself to drama, intrigue, and murder." For more visit http://kaykendallauthor.com.
This is a trademarked, copyrighted podcast solely owned by the Authors on the Air Global Radio Network LLC. Find us on all the social media site and send us a Tweet @authorsontheair or @PamStackHost.
There usually comes a particular point in our lives when we question our purose and or the purpose of life. Working with the six steps of peace, 1-Forming a bond. 2- Identify the problems. 3- Express the Importance of Unity. 4- Developing Solutions. 5- Implenmenting strategies. 6- Taking on Responsibilities we'll explore our purpose. Today Queen Tuffy will go into the details of approaching our purpose as well as hearing from others as they explain purpose.
Join Host Live Chats
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (39 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (19 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (17 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (15 chatters)
- Prepper Chicks (14 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (6 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (6 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (6 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (5 chatters)
- Father Teresa (4 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (3 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (3 chatters)
- DBR--DragonBallRadio (2 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Gonzo After Dark (2 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Love Productions (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Roberts Revolution Radio (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- HRN (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Carl Richards Show (1 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Truth and Transformation (1 chatters)
- untouchable1stfamradio (1 chatters)