SORT BY Relevancy
Sometimes we all need a little extra help getting started and staying motivated on our quest for good health. Join our guest Karen Bray, Ph.D., RN, Vice President of Optima Health Clinical Care Services, to learn more about how some health insurers are offering members access to personal health coaches for health expertise and personalized support.
Are you a techie person? Even if you’re not, you can use technology to connect to your health insurance plan to garner pertinent and relevant information. When was the last time you called your health plan? What if you could connect with them in a different way to get the same information, would you do it?
This show will explore how you can use technology to your advantage to find needed information from your health plan. Join us on Thursday, December 6th when Angela Donovan, Optima Health Web Content Consultant shares their expertise on how you can use technology to your advantage.
Show airs from 12:30-1:00 p.m., so listen live. If you can’t make it at that time, then don’t worry, you can listen at your leisure by downloading the archived filed from the Optima Health website.
Join our show and learn how an Association program can offer advantages to its member, associations, and brokers. Our guest, Suzanne Stewart, Associations Senior Account Executive with Optima Health explains how being associated with an Association provides valuable benefits.
It's 2:00 a.m. and you're not feeling well. You're not sure if you need a trip to the emergency room or the drugstore. How can you get help? Join us for insight into how you can benefit from the expertise of a Nurse Advice Line. Learn how to access the line and what help the trained nurses can offer. Pat Curtis, RN, BSN, MBA, Director of Operations for Clinical Care Services at Optima Health is our guest..
Do you feel like your health insurance company is talking a different language? They really aren’t but they are using words that are often confusing and uncommon to the average member and consumer.
The December 20th show will help make sense of some of the acronyms and terms that are used by health plans across the country so that you can better understand your plan. It’s really not the intention of health plans to confuse consumers, it’s just a different world that they work in.
Ashleigh Fiero, Manager of Marketing Communications for Optima Health will be our expert for this show.
Join us for our half hour show from 12:30-1:00 p.m. to learn more. If you can’t make it at that time, then don’t worry, you can listen at your leisure by downloading the archived filed from the Optima Health website.
Chirp, chirp! Optima Health is piloting a new customer service tool via Twitter. Now Sentara employees and their families that have Optima Health insurance can connect with the member services department through a new account in Twitter called @AskOptimaHealth. Guests Becky Lawson, Corporate Communications Consultant for Sentara and Optima Health, along with Tamara Mears, Sentara’s Benefits Manager, will be on hand to tell you all about it.
When you use in-network or participating providers you will often have lower Copayments, Deductibles, Coinsurance, and cost sharing, based on the negotiated rates. If you use out-of-network physicians, you will usually pay a higher Coinsurance and will not benefit from the negotiated rates offered through participating providers. Join Optima Health Vice President and Senior Medical Director, George Heuser, M.D., to learn more about the advantages to using providers who participate with your health insurance plan.
Optima Health, the health insurance arm of Sentara Healthcare, officially launched its own blog talk radio program on October 4, 2012. Log on and tune in to this issue of Sentara Today on Blog Talk Radio to meet Optima Health Blog Talk Radio's host Priscilla Monte. Ms. Monte is a former broadcast journalist and brings a wealth of experience to the blog talk radio venue. Find out how you can connect with Optima Health Blog Talk Radio and learn more about health care reform, your health insurance benefits, and much more.
Open enrollment is one of the most important tasks an employee will complete during the year. Usually held between October and December of each year, employers who offer health benefits will hold online or in-person sessions to help employees better understand their health benefits. Making smart choices can help save employees big bucks throughout the year. Join us for this inaugural show and get five tips for making the best of your open enrollment.
Join the Talk:
October 4, 2012
12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Five Tips for Making Smart Choices during Open Enrollment
John DeGruttola, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Optima Health
Join Donald Martin, Director, Optima EAP, as he explains what Employee Assistance Programs are and how they can help you when you need the extra support.
You may be one of the thousands of individuals who have gotten their health insurance from their employer. In the future, you could be faced with purchasing your own individual health insurance policy. Will you know what to do? Do you completely understand what you need to know to purchase an individual or family policy?
Join Optima Health Blog Talk Radio on Thursday, November 15th when we focus on “Unveiling the Secrets of Individual Health Insurance.” Our expert is Kathy McVey, Manager of Consumer Products. She’ll explore all the ins and outs of buying an individual insurance plan.
Show airs from 12:30-1:00 p.m. but if you miss it, don’t distress, you can listen at your leisure by downloading the archived filed from the Optima Health website.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (456 chatters)
- The JohnnyStormShow (337 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (21 chatters)
- Black Author Network (20 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (20 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (15 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (15 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (15 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (12 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (11 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (7 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (7 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- David Coney (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (6 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (6 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (5 chatters)
- Prophetic Voice OF Yahweh Show (5 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- LCS (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (3 chatters)
- Chris Doelle (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- ShadySykes (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- HME Network (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- LJT Radio (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (1 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- Bible Smack Radio (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)