SORT BY Relevancy
My guest is Erin Havel, author of The Malformation of Health Care: Illness, Insurance, and a Young American's Struggle for Care. If you have an illness, struggling with insurance companies and generally feel lost and not getting help, this show is for you. Erin is an advocate for young adults, educates them about the issues and gives them hope to survive.
Erin tells her story of having a disease that no surgery can fix, of having to fight the powers that be in providing that care and how she is doing today. Her healthcare issues are dealing with vascular malformations, a rare medical condition yet so ellusive it is generally missed until there is a medical crisis.
For more information on Erin or to purchase her book, visit: www.erinhavel.com
Sallie O. Elkordy, Host of "Public Advocate" https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sallie-O-Elkordy-for-NYC-Public-Advocate/587347554614900 Guest Keith Michael Dewsnup: Facebook News https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlAzIfsEMbI Say No to Fracking Barton Moss
Carl Brown, a Prince George's County Advocate, discusses public education and black business in the wealthiest black jurisdiction in the US. He also discusses some of the nuances there. He suggests that big bank accounts should not be equivalent to the second worst school district in the state of Maryland. Finally, Brown why he supports Doug Gansler for Governor and why he does not support his namesake (no relation).
Long Hidden: Speculative Fiction from the Margins of History
This all-original anthology, edited by authors Older and Fox, expands the focus of Anglophone speculative fiction beyond protagonists who are white, straight, cisgender, and male. The narrative highlights 27 selections from various authors.
Rose Fox is a compulsive magazine editor with a lifelong love of genre fiction. Credits include: reviews editor for Publishers Weekly, co-host of Publishers Weekly Radio, editor-at-large for #24MAG, and dissociative editor of the Annals of Improbable Research.
Daniel José Older is a Brooklyn-based writer, editor and composer. Salsa Nocturna, Daniel's debut ghost noir collection, was hailed as "striking and original" by Publishers Weekly. He facilitates workshops on storytelling, music, and anti-oppression organizing at public schools, community organizations, and universities.
I will be to talking Adult Film Star Misty Stone. I'll be getting the scoop on what's going on in her new company, her being the only Black Fleshlight Girl, and everything else.
I will be asking some of your question and getting all up in her business. I'm also going to ask about the stuff that she won't expect me to ask.
We'll be taking your calls and as usual having a real fun time.
You never know what will happen when we are talking about SEX
Join The LIVE AFTER DARK CREW! ~ Diamond, Lady Diva Helen, "Kitty" & That man with the VOICE! " FRE THOUGHT" Live and in the house!
Tonight we talk about "Older women with younger men!"
Where do YOU draw the line at "Cub" bait? Is there a limit... to how "young" a man be... and still be MAN enough to handle the heat of an older woman? Hmmm? Let's talk about that.
Also sitting in LIVE with us tonight we have the lovely HUNIIE in the studio. She will share with us about her latest works.
Join in tonight... as we get...LIVE AFTER DARK!!!!
Join us as we celebrate the upcoming 7th Annual OMG! Cancer Summit for Young Adults by welcoming rock star cancer caregivers Dan Crail (caregivers to Liz Harms) and Jayna Martin (caregiver to Ashley Martin). We will be discussing the complexities and nuances of what it takes to get busy living as a primary caregiver to a young adult with cancer. Survivor spotlight on Jared Sweat.
in Self Help
Kim Weaver in Iowa: The Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program: "Senior Advocates." A federally mandated program developed as a result of The Older Americans Act.
Paul Klemperer will be guest artist from the group Manteca Beat to talk about his history as well as projects that are going on.
Dr. Cathy Reimers, Ph.D., psychologist in New Jersey, and co-host Jennifer Russello, parent in New Jersey, continue the discussion on alcoholism in the American family and the impact that alcoholic parents have on their children even into adulthood years. In our last show, we discussed alcoholism as one of the most contributing factors to dysfunction in a family, particularly, the different roles that children take on in their family. This week we will examine how adult children of alcoholics navigate through life, in their own relationships and raising their children. The “perfect family storm of alcoholism” is a vicious cycle that begins with one single sip for the alcoholic family member and only ends in “recovery” or continued treatment; however, the pain that the family endures goes deeper than “rock bottom” and may never end.
in Self Help
Tara McGillicuddy welcomes back Eric Tivers to ADHD Support Talk Radio. Tara and Eric will be discussing important issues related to more Technology Overwhelm and Adult ADD / ADHD.
ADHD Support Talk Radio host Tara McGillicuddy is an internationally recognized ADD / ADHD expert. She is also a top ADHD Coach the founder of ADDClasses.com.
What's it like being a young adult in America today? Do we have the same options and opportunities of our elders in regards to family planning, income, employment, and lifestyle? What are some of the benefits and challenges of being a young adult today?
We will talk about all of this and MORE!
And as always we have dope hip hop and some Hot Topic Headlines to discuss!
So join us as we put it all ON BLAST!
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (169 chatters)
- John Baptist (154 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (46 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (37 chatters)
- NTEB (32 chatters)
- BeverlyD (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (18 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (18 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (16 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (16 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (15 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (14 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (14 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (9 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (8 chatters)
- Kongolini Zulu Mau (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (7 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (5 chatters)
- Trans4mational Conversations (5 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (5 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (5 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (4 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (4 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Baba Wesley Gray (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (2 chatters)
- MOMO B (2 chatters)
- kamau301 (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (2 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Saiful Haqq (1 chatters)
- Rancho Radio (1 chatters)
- the turn UP (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (1 chatters)
- cowpote (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Alarm Podcast (1 chatters)
- American Artist Carl Childs (0 chatters)