SORT BY Relevancy
1. Coalition to Commemorate African Ancestors of the Middle Passage (ICCAAMP). RememberTheAncestors.com Osei Terry Chandler, Charleston, NC; Chadra Pittman Walke, The Sankofa Project, Hampton, Virginia; Luther Gray, NOLA, La., Ashe Cultural Center; ADACI Washington, DC & ADACI Detroit, Eurika Huggins & Kefentse Kwesi Chike; Wanda Sabir, Maafa San Francisco Bay Area.
2. Stephanie Ann Johnson, Ph.D., "EVERY TWENTY-ONE DAYS: CANCER, YOGA, AND ME," at The Berkeley Marsh, 2120 Allston Way,, June 22, 7 p.m., to benefit The Women’s Cancer Resource Center. Tickets are $30.00 and can be purchased through Brown Paper Tickets. Visit: lightessencedesign.com
3. Black Literature and Literacy Subject of June 19 Symposium at the Library of Congress, Program Marks 150th Anniversary of Juneteenth Holiday guest, Bahiyyah Muhammad, JD, assistant professor of criminology at Howard University, speaks about her “Project Iron Kids,” which educates and empowers children of incarcerated parents. The free program is 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Reading Room of the African and Middle Eastern Division (LJ 220) of the Library’s Thomas Jefferson Building, located at 10 First Street S.E., Washington, D.C.
4. Rocky Dawuni, Branches of the Same Tree, uses art for social change. To this end, he is in Berkeley, June 17 to support Celebrate African Entrepreneurship with Whole Foods Market’s African Summer Celebration. The panel is at International Center UC Berkeley, 2299 Piedmont Avenue, at 5:30-7 p.m.; the party is at Whole Foods on Gilman. Visit www.facebook.com/events/1634195590128907/
Join Cultural Conversations with an intimate interview with KM Davis, Founder of Davis Law & Associates. Davis is a returned special guest to Cultural Conversations and will enlighten and engage on the subject of the Supereme Court ruling making same sex marriage legal in 50 state, the path to marriage equality and her personal journey in the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) community.
KM Davis is founder of Davis Law & Associates. She discovered her passion for helping business owners far before she realized her own entrepreneurial leanings. However, upon realizing her dual interest (and the need to now “practice what she preached”) Davis’s interest in business law matters has only deepened. The ability to understand the needs of business owners and their families allows Davis to consider aspects of client issues that sometimes even they haven’t realized, and creates a relationship beyond attorney/client…for most clients Davis serves a more comprehensive business advisor role.
Verona Mitchell, Ph.D.
We are now in the official beginning of the end! With the demonic Supreme Court decision to violate our religious freedoms and stand in the face of God with disobedience now give the unclean spirits legal right to this nation. Tonight we discuss out future and what we as Christians should do about this violation of the temple of the Holy Spirit. Letters, guest, Julie and Scott are read, interviewed and opinions are given tonight.
The Old School Takes Pause to reflect on a special Mindstream! 718 508 9216
Good evening and welcome to The Coffee Club with Felix and Dr. Marc. Today, aside from discussing the news of the world, we will be discussing the meaning of the Supreme Court decision granting same-sex couples the right to marry in all 50 states. The Supreme Court is simply echoing the views of more then 50% of the American people. In fact, a few years from now, the sight of same-sex couples holding hands in public will not even "raise an eyebrow," just like the number of interracial couples today. We will all go into the news and politics of the last week or so which did raise the eye brows of many people. Call us with your comments at 646-595-3275 Don't for get your coffee, hot or cold.
Tune in LIVE this Monday 6/29/2015 at 9PM EST as Mojoe and Vincent take you down a path of the Paranormal and bizarre! We are discussing strange world news and opinion!
We are also speaking with the band Fadrait! Listen in as they discuss their latest release, tour, music stylings and more! Plus any odd or bizarre stories they have encountered
Check more about Fadrait here: www.facebook.com/Fadrait
All this and your calls!
That's this Monday night 6/29 9PM EST!
Give us a call (619) 924-0762 if you have a question or a story you wanna discuss!
Check out 2 in the Same Boat on Facebook!
Follow 2 in the Same Boat on Twitter!
Follow the Intestinal Fortitude on Twitter!
In a landmark opinion, a divided Supreme Court on Friday ruled that same-sex couples can marry nationwide, establishing a new civil right and handing gay rights advocates a historic victory.In the 5-4 ruling, Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote for the majority with the four liberal justices. Each of the four conservative justices wrote their own dissent.Nearly 46 years to the day after a riot at New York's Stonewall Inn ushered in the modern gay rights movement, the decision could settle one of the major civil rights fights of this era. The language of Kennedy's opinion spoke eloquently of the most fundamental values of family, love and liberty.
LGBT Wins Same-Sex Marriage Supreme Court Ruling TheWWShoW
I mite say something you mite not like.
The Willie Williams Radio Show
free call (347) 677-1859 to listen/talk
To Watch Live:
click the ON AIR BUTTON
in Pop Culture
The show where the listeners have a voice is back at a NEW TIME Sunday's at **12 Noon**
Join #HolliewoodAndFriends (Hollie Wood, Venor and Miss Juddy) Live Sundays at 12 Noon ET. as they give you the latest #HotInTheBlogs topics as only they can!
Supreme Court Same-Sex Marriage Ruling.
Bobbi Kristina moved to hospice care.
Beyoncé surprises us again!
Donald Trump's ruffling feathers again.
Mimi from Love And Hip-Hop ATL confesses.
and a whole lot MORE!
Also #WhatBlowsMine (where you, the listener can call in and tell the world what's that one thing that just gets under your skin)
Tune in live Sunday afternoon at 12pm ET!
You can call 646-716-8544 just to listen or press 1 when you hear a topic you want to chime in about, we'll bring you on live.
Are you an artist? Do you know an artist? Submit music to the be played on the show email@example.com
FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good morning and welcome to the Seriouside of the jrilshow. We will be discussing the following topics:
SAME SEX MARRIAGE: The Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the banning of Same Sex Marriage is unconstituational.
BLACK CHURCHES BURNED: In wake of the shootings in Charleston, South Carolina, Black Churches are being burned in the south.
MALCOLM X: With the shooting of unarmed black men, the killing of the Charleston Nine,many African Americans are tired of the saying "turn the other cheek". Some are yearning for the days of Malcolm X"By Any Means Necessary".
Welcome to our Virtual Living Room Space with your hosts Rosangel Perez & Ruthie Guten. Our topic today - The Importance of Marriage Equality for Same Sex Couples with James Governale, Founder and Creator of High Heart Wellness.
About James: A holistic health counselor and career coach, living in Brooklyn, New York and working with health practitioners throughout the world to improve the quality of their practices and services. Currently, James works one-on-one with individual clients who want to increase their capacity to provide services to others while maintaining their own health and growth. He conducts programs for wellness practitioners who choose to overcome barriers in their career. These programs primarily focus on how to increase skills that provide higher client compliance and retention. Greater confidence and effective time management comes with the understanding and practice of these methods. Check out his ebook called "Are You Ready?" that outlines how he guides clients through the process of behavior change regarding health goals.
Learn more: www.highheartwellness.com or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Join Host Live Chats
- Star Nations Radio Network (21 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (14 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (7 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Back Porch Writer (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- Success Freaks (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (1 chatters)