SORT BY Relevancy
In this day and age, healthcare and technology are synonymous. It is not enough anymore for health care professionals to simply know their trade, they must also learn the technology that has shaped their trade in countless ways; from software programs to medical equipment and devices. In this week's episode of iNurse Radio, we sit down with Edward Stern, a seasoned registered nurse to talk about healthcare and technology and more specifically the role of nurses in healthcare technology.
Edward Stern has nearly three decades of experience in public speaking and business process development. He is a Registered Nurse with a wide ranging knowledge of clinical informatics as well as training. He is a Former Board member for CARING: An International Nursing Informatics Organization as well as Former President of the Emergency Nurses Association.
Today we are speaking with Julie Jones, EHR Clinical Application Analyst Staff at Fletcher Allen Health Care about Social Networking for Nurses and its importance. The number of healthcare facilities that make use of social media increased by 210 percent between 2009 and 2011.
With experience as a nurse for over 15 years, Ms. Jones has experience in various settings which include Oncology, Women’s Health, Surgery, Medicine, Endoscopy, and most recently as clinical informatics nurse in the electronic health record department.
As an active member with the STTI Honor Society, Julie quickly began to implement online platforms to help improve communication within her chapter to grow a stronger community within the vast geographical area. From this experience, Julie grasped the possibility to use electric platforms to help organize and address certain issues amongst a community. Due to her positive experience, Ms. Jones championed to integrate electronic health records (EHR) into her work environment. Today, we will be discussing about social networking for nurses, and the effect that it can have on the medical profession.
Leading with Technology: Transforming Nursing through Social Media
I wanted to take the time this week to share some great tools and information from our sponsors on the Marketing Technology Blog! It's just Doug today without all the pizazz of our normal shows with the team at Site Strategics and Edge of the Web Radio.
Our podcast discusses the latest marketing technology on the web. We frequently have leading marketers and the founders of marketing technology companies that we discuss these platforms with. Every week we provide guidance to marketing professionals - whether you're running your own company or you're a CMO at an international corporation - we always have information that you can use to increase the performance of your online marketing.
The TalentCulture #TChat Show is back live on Wednesday, October 8, 2014, from 7-8 pm ET (4-5 pm PT).
Last week we talked about how to successfully work from anywhere, and this week we’re going to talk about the HR Technology mic drop.
Specifically this is our very special 2014 HR Technology & Exposition show, live from fabulous Las Vegas and complete with one of the most influential influencers in the HR Technology space, Jessica Miller-Merrell.
Fact is, the HR technology industry will most likely be worth nearly $10 billion (or more) in 2015. That’s the mic drop. Boom.
A lot of opportunity for HR vendors, and great news for buyers because integrated “talent engagement” software is here to stay, including recruiting, performance, compensation, succession, learning and so much more, all of which are helping improve employee engagement, productivity and driving business outcomes.
Plus, data management, social collaboration and video technologies are all still very hot. Oh, and talent analytics across the board, that’s really the big, big mic drop. Double boom.
Join TalentCulture #TChat Show co-creators and co-hosts Meghan M. Biro and Kevin W. Grossman live from Las Vegas as we learn more HR technology this year and next with this week’s guest: Jessica Miller-Merrell, SPHR, President/CEO of Xceptional HR, author, speaker, HR professional, and workplace social media expert who has a passion for recruiting, training, and all things social media.
Thank you to our sponsors and partners: RIVS, GreatRated! of Great Place to Work, TalentWise, Dice, SAP/SuccessFactors, IBM Smarter Workforce, CareerBuilder, PeopleFluent, Fisher Vista and HRmarketer Insight.
This week on the Marketing Technology Blog discusses the latest marketing technology on the web. We frequently have leading marketers and the founders of marketing technology companies that we discuss these platforms with. Every week we provide guidance to marketing professionals - whether you're running your own company or you're a CMO at an international corporation - we always have information that you can use to increase the performance of your online marketing.
What are the differences between being the President and CEO of a multi-million dollar company and being a first time entrepreneur? What are the major technology challengies facing a former corporate executive once the administrative and tech support is not there?
Sandy Elsass was faced with many of these issues when he left corporate life over a year ago. Not only did he need to determine what type of equipment he needed but how to perform tasks that had been delegated to others in the past.
Join Jim and Sandy in a discussion on how he handled the transition and what he would recommend to others who are thinking about a similar path.
Cisco, HP Use Shadow IT as a Roadmap
Employees often skirt around the IT department and find their own cloud services, apps or other technologies because they need tools to do their jobs that the IT department doesn’t provide. This so-called shadow IT can be a nightmare for CIOs because corporate data could reside in insecure applications or services and be vulnerable to hackers.
"Some organizations use [tools] so they can stop people from doing things but we use it to help shape our portfolios,” said Rebecca Jacoby, CIO of Cisco Systems Inc., speaking Thursday on a panel at a tech conference in San Francisco."
"It’s a much bigger challenge inside a non-technical organization where we don’t want to have a proliferation of non-standard technologies,” he said, implying that non-technical employees have less of an understanding of the apps they are using."
The Techreact team is made up of seasoned professionals who have been friends for over 10 years and have worked in the technology industry since the dawn of time. Think punch cards, tape drives, commodore64, trs80, vic20, sinclair, kaypro, cpm, early dos days. We have seen the market develop from centralized enterprise computing to the dawn of the web, cloud computing and enterprise mobility. The Techreact Panel has a real passion for technology and the consumption and evolution of technology by the enterprise. Each week we will be insightful, witty, reporting, interviewing and commentary of the top initiatives of CIO and CTO in the Enterprise.
Marco Giunta CompuCom SYS, Financial Services, New York City
Chris Kieff Director Sprinklr Marketing and Advertising San Francisco
David Levin Strategic Alliances Director, Americas, Push Technology New York
Stephen Webster MRE Consulting CTO Datacenter Cloud Oil & Energy Expert Houston
From a recent TechCrunch piece by Christian Cantrell:
This is only one example of how technology has a tendency to self-propagate; to use humans as a vector to create copies and mutations and derivatives of itself; to recursively generate demand for itself in order to not only ensure its own survival, but its constant and even exponential proliferation. The relationship between humans and technology is becoming increasingly enmeshed, and in some cases, even ambiguous.
So what's the deal, here? Do we have a respectful and mutually nurturing relationship with technology, or are the machines just telling us what we want to hear until they get what they want? Special guest P J Manney joins hosts Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon to explore this increasingly complex relationship.
PLUS: what's new with PJ? Potentially some very exciting stuff!
in Self Help
With the Internet and all the technological gadgets we have these days, are you feeling even more lost and lonely? Are you disconnecting from yourself and others in ways you’re not even aware of? Tune into this timely show as Ohotto discusses how to use technology in ways that get you connected and nourished, while avoiding its misuse! For an intuitive tech reading from Robert LIVE dial 818.495.6927!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (488 chatters)
- John Baptist (100 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (37 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (27 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (17 chatters)
- Randomness with Robert Boner Again (15 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (13 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- canadianglen (11 chatters)
- Curious Times (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (7 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (5 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (4 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (4 chatters)
- JasonAdams3 (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (4 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (3 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (2 chatters)
- My Fierce Wings Radio (2 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Dave in the City (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- YenYang (1 chatters)