SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* The Massachusetts Supreme Court says that “under God” is Constitutional in the Pledge of Allegiance.
* Congress ends the NSA bulk collection of American phone records.
* A student in Colorado refuses to sing Muslim songs.
NSA whistleblower Russ Tice joins us for an eyeopening hour-long interview on the real extent of the NSA spying scandal. Beyond PRISM and beyond metadata, we explore the facts of NSA spying: that every electronic communication is being copied and stored by the US government. We talk about the political implications of this information, including the almost limitless power for blackmailing that this power gives those in charge of the wiretapping. Tice also names names on who has been targeted by these wiretaps. Please also see the recent BoilingFrogsPost interview with Tice on this same subject.
Nearly every few weeks now we read another revelation in the news about the depths of our government's spying on its own citizens. Is it harmless, just a necessary part of homeland security in the digital age? If it is harmless now do we know it will always remain so? What the might the Bible have to say about NSA surveillence? Are there cases which we can use to understand how things could go wrong? Listen or call in as I discuss the most recent NSA related news items from a biblical perspective
1) Intro to the Program and the singing of O Canada
2) We have two files to play on the NSA and about Edward Snowden The 1st is about Lawmakers Who Upheld NSA Phone Spying Share Close Financial Ties to Defense Industry
Vote to protect citizens privacy is struck down not based on party lines but campaign contributions from the defense industry .
4) Music Break
5) The 2nd news story is about Reps. Conyers & Massie on Bipartisan Campaign Against NSA Spying; Call for James Clapper to Resign
6)Finnish with the O, Canada them Song
Here are the Vidieo Referances for the program
For todays show we have an excellent panel of guests to discuss the top three issues this week. We have Alexandra Ackers Lyons, she is Director of the Youth Engagement Fund and she is a political consultant and Democratic Strategist. Christian Dorsey works at the Economic Policy Institute. His areas of expertise are community development, housing, race and the economy. And we have Brad Blakeman who was an advisor to President George W. Bush and President of Freedom’s Watch. The panel first discusses the Affordable Care Act and the Website HealthCare.gov then discusses Republicans holding up several of President Obama's appointments and then discusses the latest revelations of NSA Spying. As always, we also have our Hall of Fame and Shame for those politicians and pundits who made great sense, or shameful nonsense, respectively.
Open mic today so we can hear from you. We will focus on the immigration reform bill working its way through the Senate this week, and what is involved and what is at stake in the revelations about NSA spying on Americans.
A new concept in the opinion-driven world of talk radio, Fairness Radio is a daily one-hour on-line and on-air radio show featuring liberal Patrick O'Heffernan interviewing national guests from across the political spectrum. Patrick talks with everyone from conservative Senator Jim DeMint to former Democratic Party Chairman Governor Howard Dean to explore news, politics and culture from all sides in a civil conversation that focuses on idea, not gotcha’s. With an international team experts from all sides of the political spectrum Fairness Radio covers the events of the world like no one else.
It looks like there will be more "significant" revelations to follow, according to Glen Greenwald, who broke the NSA spying scandal:
Who is Edward Snowden? What was his motivation for leaking the information? And where is he now?
But the most important question is: Can a nation survive such an enormous disparity between the government and the expectations of the governed? Perhaps President Obama said it best...
“If people can’t trust not only the executive branch but also don’t trust Congress, and don’t trust federal judges, to make sure that we’re abiding by the Constitution with due process and rule of law, then we’re going to have some problems here.”
Indeed, we are!
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- Jay King Network (14 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (6 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (4 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (4 chatters)
- AgingYounger (3 chatters)
- Best People We Know (2 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (2 chatters)
- Law Offices of Peter J Lamont (2 chatters)
- rex sikes (2 chatters)
- superdaveshow (1 chatters)
- The Gridiron Studs Show (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Red Pill Network (1 chatters)
- JulieGeigle (1 chatters)
- Dancin with the Universe (1 chatters)