SORT BY Relevancy
On May 21st, 2014 all Interstate Commercial Drivers and Motor Carriers will be required to begin using an examiner listed in the National Registry Of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) to obtain or renew their Medical Examiner's Certificate.
As a new program from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), it will require all physicans who perform physical examinations on CDL drivers to be trained and certified on the FMCSA standards, guidelines and regulations according to 49 CFR §391.41 (Physical Qualifications for Drivers).
The requirements are found in part §391.41 and §391.43 and the FMCSA has stated that they are on target for reaching its goal of 40,000 Certified Medical Examiners (CME) by the compliance date.
Elaine M. Papp, RN, MSN, COHN-S CM, Division Chief for the FMCSA Office of Medical Programs joins us as our special guest to discuss what the new program will mean for CDL drivers and motor carriers.
Join Host Live Chats
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (45 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (11 chatters)
- Dino Dean (10 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (10 chatters)
- belovenow (8 chatters)
- latinaafrican (8 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (6 chatters)
- Berean Bible Chapel Online Church (5 chatters)
- Herpin Time (5 chatters)
- VernonHale (4 chatters)
- The Barber Shop0 (4 chatters)
- Kingdom United Ministries Network (2 chatters)
- Soul Sense (2 chatters)
- Back Porch Writer (2 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (2 chatters)
- Kimberly Renee (2 chatters)
- King Of Underground Media (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Life outside the Box (1 chatters)
- Married 2 Change Radio 2 (1 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (1 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (1 chatters)