SORT BY Relevancy
Join Alex Blumberg from NPR's Planet Money's to talk about how he decided to become a t-shirt manufacturer and then tell brilliant multimedia stories about how it is done in Planet Money Makes a T-Shirt. Hear what he has been up to since he won a 2009 duPont Award for The Giant Pool of Money. Alex is a contributing editor for NPR's Planet Money, a producer for This American Life, and served as the executive producer of the television version of This American Life which aired on Showtime.
Ask him questions about where the business is going, and why video of a cat with a moustache will always get more hits online than the most incredible audio story ever told. One lucky listener might even win one of the sold out t-shirts from the series.
Today on the BeachLifestyle Radio Show, Host Neil Haley will interview Long-time NPR "Voice of Books" Host Alan Cheuse!
Acclaimed author Alan Cheuse, National Public Radio's longtime "voice of books," is the author of five novels, four collections of short fiction, and the memoir Fall Out of Heaven. As a book commentator, Cheuse is a regular contributor to National Public Radio's "All Things Considered." His short fiction has appeared in The New Yorker, Ploughshares, The Antioch Review, Prairie Schooner, New Letters, The Idaho Review, and The Southern Review, among other places. He teaches in the Writing Program at George Mason University and the Squaw Valley Community of Writers.
Join the crew for a little bit of a different show. This week the boys will bring up topics to discuss in and around the world of sports without getting into X's and O's. Topics include the passing of the great Pat Summerall, the tragic events at the Boston Marathon and security at sporting events, bartending and sports bars and many more. Join us for a fun and in-depth show Wed night 8-10PM CDT
Join host Randy Goldberg on his new show Science of Light as he talk about Bach Flower Remedies.
Dr. Edward Bach discovered a system of 38 Flower Remedies that corrects emotional imbalances where negative emotions are replaced with positive. The Bach Flower Remedies is a simple system of healing that is easy for anyone to use.
Randy is a world renowned vedic astrologer who has been interviewed by CNN, NPR and the Washington post. Using a Jungian archetypal perspective, he integrates both western and vedic astrology.
Randy will be discussing a variety of holistic and deep topics
For more on Randy go here: http://www.randygoldberg.org/
Join us in our circle!!!
Kathy Gruver is an award-winning author and the host of the national TV show based on her first book, The Alternative Medicine Cabinet (winner Beverly Hills Book Awards).
She has earned her Ph.D. in Natural Health and has authored two books on stress: Body/Mind Therapies for the Bodyworker and, just published, Conquer Your Stress with Mind/Body Techniques (Winner Beverly Hills Book Awards, Finalist for the USA Best Books Award).
She has studied mind/body medicine at the famed Benson-Henry Institute for Mind-Body Medicine at Harvard Medical School and pursued further education at The National Institutes of Health.
Gruver has been featured as an expert in numerous publications including Glamour, Time, Wall Street Journal, CNN, WebMD, Prevention, Men’s Health, Huffington Post, Yahoo.com, Ladies Home Journal, Massage and Bodyworks Magazine, and Massage Magazine.
She has written dozens of health and wellness articles and contributing posts. Dr. Gruver has appeared as a guest expert on over 200 radio and TV shows including NPR, SkyNews London, CBS Radio, and Lifetime Television, and has done over 100 educational lectures around the country.
The Art of Waging Peace ~ A Strategic Approach to Changing Our Lives and the World with Author, Educator and Activist Paul K. Chappell.
"Captain Paul K. Chappell has given us a crucial look at war and peace from the unique perspective of a soldier, and his new ideas show us why world peace is both necessary and possible in the 21st century."
-Archbishop Desmond Tutu,
Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
Paul K. Chappell is an Iraq War veteran, and the Peace Leadership Director for the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation. A graduate from West Point in 2002, Paul was deployed to Iraq, and left active duty in November 2009 as a Captain. He is the author of the Road to Peace series, a seven-book series about waging peace, ending war, the art of living, and what it means to be human.
Lecturing across the country and internationally, Paul also teaches college courses and workshops on Peace Leadership. He grew up in Alabama, the son of a half-black and half-white father who fought in the Korean and Vietnam wars, and a Korean mother.
Paul dedicates his time to waging peace and ending war. He has been on Oprah Radio, Book TV, NPR, Pacifica Radio and the Voice of America. He lives in Santa Barbara, California.
The first four published books in his Road to Peace series are: Will War Ever End?, The End of War, Peaceful Revolution, and
The Art of Waging Peace.
Matthew Stepp is Executive Director of ITIF’s Center for Clean Energy Innovation (CCEI). Matthew researches, analyzes and comments on a number of issues related to climate and energy policy, including innovation ecosystems, renewable energy, carbon pricing, deployment subsidies, the Department of Energy, ARPA-E, and the role of states in energy innovation.
He has testified before Congress and his work has appeared in various news and media outlets including the Washington Post, the New York Times, MIT Technology Review, National Journal, and NPR. He is also a regular columnist for The Hill and The Energy Collective.
Sarah Wendell is author of the book Everything I Know About Love, I Learned from Romance Novels, co-author of the book, Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches’ Guide to Romance Novels, and co-founder of Smart Bitches Trashy Books.com, one of the most popular blogs examining romance fiction. The site specializes in reviewing romance novels, pondering the history and future of the genre in digital form and in print, and bemoaning the enormous prevalence of bodacious pectorals adorning male cover models.
In her quest to celebrate the romance genre and the women who read and write it, Sarah has appeared on Good Morning America, The Today Show, The Gayle King Show on The Oprah Winfrey Network, the Canadian Broadcasting Company’s Steven and Chris Show, NPR’s All Things Considered and on Too Many Books. She has been quoted in People Magazine, The New Yorker, The New York Times, The New York Post, USA Today, New Jersey Monthly, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Los Angeles Times Book Blog, Redbook, Metro:New York, and Publishers Weekly.
Sarah can most often be found on Twitter as @SmartBitches, at SmartBitchesTrashyBooks.com, or on her sofa, reading a book.
in Self Help
Are you looking for a job? Ready to make a change? Or maybe you were recently laid off. If so this show is for you – you get TWO career coaches! Join Trina and her guest Kathleen Brady for a show packed with insights on how to get ahead in today’s job market. We will also discuss Kathleen’s book: Get a Job – and one lucky listener will win a copy!
Kathleen Brady, CPC is a career management and transition coach with 25 years of experience helping clients to develop a comprehensive career/life strategy and to improve workplace skills such as communication, leadership, client development, time management, and delegating. She is a recognized expert on job search strategies, resume writing, networking and interviewing techniques and recovering from a layoff. A frequent contributor to Your Money in the New York Daily News, she also has shared her expertise on FoxNews, CNN, and NPR. Contact Kathleen at KBrady@careerplanners.net, www.facebook.com/KBCareerplanners and @KBCareerplanner.
Trina Ramsey is a professionally trained career and life coach, specializing in personal transformation and career transition. With 20 years of experience in business and management, Trina's is a "people person" and a change agent. Trina started her business, Perspectives Plus Coaching in 2009 after spending 15 years as a nonprofit fundraiser and experience running her own interior decorating business. For more on Trina visit trinaramsey.com or @PerspectivePlus
Join Marie to discuss Essence Magazine's article on encouraging black boys to read, books, e-publishing, indie authors, independent best selling books, Second Life events and share original short stories. What's on your Summer reading list? What's your favorite book? Do you have a favorite author you can't get enough of? We welcome calls from listeners and want to hear from you. If you enjoy the segment, follow the show to get notices.
Music by Seth Regan/Mankind Tracer
Hustle by David Tomas Martinez
All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner
Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Clearly (ages 8-12)
The Zero Degree Zombie Zone by Patrik Henry Bass (ages 8 and up)
Top 10 Bestsellers (week of July 10) from npr.org
Rex Bear welcomes Paul Guercio to discuss The Merlin Project
Paul is a nationally respected futurist and a long-time student of traditional and esoteric predictive systems. His Over 40 years of research into the Psychical Sciences and subsequent collaboration with Dr. George Hart directly resulted in the creation of the MERLIN Project. His clients include many prominent business people, politicians and celebrities.
MERLIN is a computer-based forecasting technology that combines equations derived from celestial phenomena with
past historical data and blends that information into a graphical time line (‘timetrak®’) that accurately plots the
chronology of future events. It is the brainchild of Bostonbased futurist Paul Guercio and excimer (LASIK) laser
inventor, MIT physicist Dr. George Hart. Since 1991, The MERLIN Project® has been a regular guest feature of
CNN/Larry King LIVE, Coast-to-Coast AM with George Noory and various incarnations of The Alan Colmes Show.
Television feature stories on have been broadcast on The NBC Nightly News, CNN, CNBC, on regional TV news
programs and on National Public Radio (NPR.)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (171 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (140 chatters)
- John Baptist (101 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- AlimBey (21 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (21 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (19 chatters)
- DDP Radio (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (14 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (9 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (9 chatters)
- Aquaman (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (8 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (8 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (7 chatters)
- Your Psychic Connection (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (5 chatters)
- David and Wes (5 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (4 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (4 chatters)
- Littany (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (4 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (4 chatters)
- SR Forker (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (3 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (3 chatters)
- Odwirafo (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- Live with Scott and Katie (2 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Serious Bible Study (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Sister2Sistah Blog Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- THE TAILGATE ZONE (1 chatters)
- The Tatum Talks (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- E3 Radio (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- illblogradio (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)