SORT BY Relevancy
Tess Thompson is a mother before all else, and a writer after that. She’s also a Zumba dancing queen, though the wearing of the crown is reserved for invitation-only appearances. After honing her craft in theater with a prize-winning play titled My Lady’s Hand, her heart was called to a different storytelling medium: the great American novel. But, as she recently said to a friend, “Well, maybe not ‘great’ but certainly American.”
The first of these, Riversong (Booktrope Editions), went on to become #1 on Barnes and Noble’s Nook Book chart in October 2011. Two years after its release, readership of Riversongcontinues to grow, spending weeks in the top 100 Kindle bestsellers; it’s known amongst her friends and family as “the little book that could.”
Caramel and Magnolias, the first in the Legley Bay Collection was released in the fall of 2012. In May of 2013 Tess released the sequel to Riversong called Riverbend and the third in the collection, Riverstar, in August 2013. Tea and Primroses, the second in the Legley Bay Collection was released February 16, 2014. The first in the Blue Mountain Collection, Blue Midnight was released June 30, 2014.
She’s currently working on her first historical fiction, Duet For Three Hands, which will be released December 2014.
Praise for Please, Pretty Lights:
Dark, gritty, and intoxicating...exactly how I like it. Please, Pretty Lights, a poignant portrait of music, drugs and relationships, is harrowing at times and masterly written. It's easily one of my favorite books of the year. – Marni Mann, author of Memoirs Aren’t Fairytales
Zajac is a strong, STRONG writer with a touch
that can be poetic or gritty, as the situation requires.
—Conrad Wesselhoeft, author of Adios, Nirvana and Dirt Bikes, Drones,
and Other Ways to Fly
Ina Zajac is an award-winning journalist, avid people watcher, and lover of quirk and contrast. Her writing is heavily influenced by her fascination with music, art, and her hometown of Seattle.
Social Media Links:
Call in toll-free to speak with the author 1-877-404-0839
Come join us!
We're welcome author Steve Johnson to the show this week to discuss issues within the black community, in 2008 we saw an increase in racism we saw an increase of police brutality against black men, it's 2014, and blacks still have to demand justice Steve Johnson is a very powerful speaker and an excellent writer so we have invited him to come on the show to tell us what the hell is going on, we will also be discussing his latest book, "How did i get here? From a Kushite to a Thug" this Wednesday at 1 p.m., Steve Johnson, Earl Simmons phone lines will be open, see you on the radio.
Dr. Gerard Lameiro shares what he's found in his new research about how America has been sliding into a sinkhole of moral, political and economic turmoil and near-bankruptcy. He has suggestions for freedom-loving Americans on how we can fix this mess for the sake of our children and grandchildren. Tune in!
Have you had your healthy dose of reality lately?
There are always at least two sides to every story. Have you ever wondered how someone, who saw the same thing you did, walked away telling a vastly different story? Which version was correct? Which one was the REAL story? Actually, both are! It’s just a matter of perspective.
Joe takes the issues… especially the controversial issues (politics, prejudice, religion, illegal immigration)… and brings in people from different sides to share their viewpoint. This is definitely not a fluff piece. And while no one is attacked, the questions are hard-hitting.
But the conversation is always respectful and you’re sure to learn something new, even if you don’t agree!
If you’ve always wondered how the “other side” thinks and how they’ve arrived at their “stand”, then this is the show for you!
It’s not the right side, it’s not the wrong side, but the REAL side of the issues!
There use to be a time when fancy photos and a lengthy resume were all you needed to impress potential clients. But the trends have changed and the general public is no longer impressed with who you APPEAR to be, they want to feel like they know you. In order to reach the masses you have to find a way to connect with them organically. A great way to do that is by sharing your story.
Jai Stone is an Emotional Nudist & Master Brand Coach that has worked with some of the most recognizable brands in the world. As an award winning brand strategist and blogger, Jai has used her expertise and influence to reach the masses and connect with audiences around the world. Her stories have been featured on Essence.com and Huffington Post and she has shared other stories on Huff Post Live and on TD Jakes popular talk show that aired on BET. Jai is a highly sought after brand coach that teaches her proven strategies to business owners helping them to consistently grow their brands.
Join us this week as we touch on a plethora of topics with an amazing fiction author, Cassandra Dunn!
Touching on powerful topics like empty-nesting, single parenting, mental health, eating disorders, and teenage growth, THE ART OF ADAPTING is about how females strive to overcome their personal challenges while finding a balance.
A literary powerhouse, Cassandra Dunn received her MFA in creative writing from Mills College. She was a semifinalist for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award and a finalist in Glimmer Train’s Short Story Award for New Writers. Her stories have appeared in All Things Girl, Midwest Literary Magazine’s Bearing North, Read Short Fiction, Literary House Review, The MacGuffin, 322 Review, Fix it Broken, Clapboard House, Every Writer’s Resource, Rougarou Fiction, and Sand Canyon Review. Cassandra Dunn resides in the San Francisco Bay Area with her two children and a beautiful Vizsla.
My guest for 09/17/14 is Robert Crane.
Robert Crane has been the Marin county manager for the West Coast Songwriters, a Non Profit Organization, for the past 3 years. He hosts a monthly songwriting contest for the West Coast Songwriters at FENIX Supper Club.
Robert says he only wrote 2 songs from age 8 through 50. But at age 50 a light went on that opened his songwriting flood gate. He says his wife Mary gets the credit for inspiring him to write, which is another story…
Robert and his wife Mary produced an album for the West Coast Songwriters organization called “Local Gold” in 2011. The album features the best song of the month winners tracks for the San Rafael event that year.
Robert is currently working on his own first album. Two of Robert's songs have been awarded “best song of the month” at West Coast Songwriters competitions and were also featured on the West Coast Songwriters Local Gold album.
Robert and his wife Mary are both voting members of the Recording Academy. Robert's song “Powerless” will be in the movie “The Junction” a Ron Howard – Willie Nelson Production with music by Marcus Barone of Film Music Group.
We'll be talking about songwriting, the West Coast Songwriters events, and the music Robert hears calling him. We'll also be talking about the process of songwriting and how you can work in creative collaboration with other songwriters.
You can find out more about the West Coast Songwriters by visiting their website at: www.westcoastsongwriters.org
Hello World my name is Miyah Sundermeyer and I would like to welcome you to my radio blogs. There are three main purposes.
1. Sharing my experiences on living with Autism
2. Giving my two cents on what is going on with Autism and the Media from my own perspective
3. Covering topics that I am passionate about
In this episode I talk about how I was able to learn how to break through a set of barriers and how you can do it too.
Next to this radio show I also have a series of vlogs on youtube. Please be sure to check out "Hello World with Miyah Sundermeyer for more information
Originally started as a Summer 2013 project with Executive Director Thomas Witt, Equality Kansas the premier LGBT organization of the state, "Wednesday with Wit" has become a staple on our programming schedule.
Program Schedule 30 July 2014:
Short late breaking news annoucements from Kansas politics.
"This Way Out" the international gay and lesbian radio magazine.
Amanda Marcotte's "RH Reality Cast" from the vital RH Reality Check news web site.
This week on the BIG show, we sit down with writer/director Ned Benson to talk about his debut directorial effort, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby. Ten years in the making, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, tells the story of a woman and man seemingly so in love finds their marriage is shaken to the core when life throws them a devastating curve. Now this New York couple must try to understand each other as they cope with loss and attempt to reclaim the life and love they once had. Benson will discuss all that and more on Episode 43 of Conversations.
In this episode the top chiropractor in Orem Utah answers the question, "How many adjustments will I need?"
The short answer is "it dpends." Your age, overall health, the severity of your condition, how long has it been going on and most importantly what are your goals in regards to receiving chiropractic care. If you've been to chiropractors your whole life or this is your first experience with a chiropractor, you can be assured that you're getting the right prescription because Dr Ned uses government guidelines on treatment recommendations.
Tune into this episode and learn what you should expect for your chiropractic care.
R. Ned McArthur, D.C. specializes in providing lasting relief from back pain, car accident injuries, dizziness, fibromyalgia, headaches, insomnia, neck pain, numbness, restless leg syndrome, and sciatica.
Orem Chiropractor-R. Ned McArthur, D.C.
560 S. State Ste C2
Orem, UT 84058
Connect with Dr Ned:
As a regular contributor to Good Morning America, a sought-after speaker and a best-selling author, Tory Johnson can certainly consider herself to be a success in life. But it was a single conversation that forced her to face the one challenge that has plagued her for years: her weight. In her beautifully written account, THE SHIFT: How I Finally Lost Weight and Discovered a Happier Life, she writes of the profoundly personal choice she made to change this.
Join us as Tory shares the intimate story of her weight struggle, new ways of eating and how our thoughts directly link to the number we see on the scale. For any of you who have ever struggled with your weight, you will want to catch this show for sure!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (110 chatters)
- John Baptist (50 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (40 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- thedean (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (7 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (7 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- BeverlyD (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (4 chatters)
- AlimBey (4 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (3 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (3 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (3 chatters)
- The Vent Man (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- KAS1 (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Black Bag (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Angel Amy (2 chatters)
- EMONSTA (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- FFToolbox (2 chatters)
- FSF Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (1 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (1 chatters)
- Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (1 chatters)
- Lez Talk Books Radio (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- NatureofReality (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- RAINBOW VISION (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- Social Geek Radio (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Nathan Karn Show (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (0 chatters)
- W E Radio (0 chatters)
- Twin Radio (0 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (0 chatters)
- Chaos Network (0 chatters)