SORT BY Relevancy
NORML announces the launch of a new outreach project, the NORML Women's Alliance, dedicated to expanding the role and highlighting the contributions of women in marijuana law reform. Leaders of the new group join us to discuss the unique strategies for our daughters, mothers, and grandmothers to enact meaningful change in marijuana laws.
"Radical" Russ Belville, your host and NORML's Outreach Coordinator, brings you the freshest hour of marijuana talk radio in cyberspace every weekday at 4:00pm Eastern. Spend your 4:20 filling your head with the knowledge and strategies that will end adult marijuana prohibition once and for all!
Tonight's show features a look at NORML activists from around the country who are making a difference for marijuana law reform in their local area. Linda Adler from the United States Virgin Islands chapter talks about creating a pot-smoker's paradise in the federal territory (no passport required!). Attorney David Clark from the Georgia chapter previews his new book on how to handle a marijuana charge. Plus activists from California and Colorado talk about the repercussions of the Obama Administration's memo to Justice to keep hands off state medical marijuana programs. It's live talk radio from the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. Hosted by "Radical" Russ Belville, NORML SHOW LIVE features a recap of the week's top stories in medical marijuana, consumer cannabis, and industrial hemp; interviews with the top cannabis activists, politicians, scientists, doctors, actors, musicians, and comedians; and your calls live at 347-994-1810.
NORML's leadership joins us to celebrate the holiday spirit! Executive Director Allen St. Pierre and NORML's Founder Keith Stroup plus members of the NORML Board of Directors will look back on the gifts we received in marijuana law reform in 2009 and the exciting prospects for 2010. It's live talk radio from the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. Hosted by "Radical" Russ Belville, NORML SHOW LIVE features a recap of the week's top stories in medical marijuana, consumer cannabis, and industrial hemp; interviews with the top cannabis activists, politicians, scientists, doctors, actors, musicians, and comedians; and your calls live at 347-994-1810.
LIVE FROM NORML NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN SAN FRANCISCO! Day 3 of NORML CON, featuring the panel on Marijuana Legalization As a Local, State, Federal Revenue Stream
In today’s sagging economy national, state and local leaders are looking for alternative streams of revenue. They should look no further than to America’s #1 cash crop: cannabis.
Moderator: Dale Gieringer, Ph.D, Director, CA NORML
* Jon Gettman, Ph.D
* Rebecca Kaplan, Oakland City Council
* Mark Kleiman, Ph.D, UCLA
Then the panel on Cannabis and Athleticism
Some of the nation’s top athletes discuss why today's pros are turning to cannabis — and away from alcohol and painkillers — off the field, and question why pro sports leagues are continuing to sanction those who do.
Moderator: Steve Bloom, Author, Pot Culture; editor, celebstoner.com
* Toby Grear, MMA fighter
* Sean Neumann, Documentary Filmmaker; former ESPN producer
* Mark Stepnoski, Former All-Star NFL football player, NORML Advisory Board
* Rob Van Dam, Professional wrestler
Finally, we close 2009 NORML CON with Rick Steves, TV host/best-selling travel author, NORML Advisory Board
Special Guest Dustin Atwood with Kentucky Norml today on the show. Call 646-668-8648 to be on the show Live with us or just listen in Live to the show.. If calling from a landline you must first dial 1 then the number. Join Coaldust your Host and Jolene the Co Host everyday from 4 till 5 pm eastern time.You can also find us on Facebook along with Twitter..Gatewood's Legacy Radio an Gatewood's Legacy has a like page on facebook a group page and our web site is www.gatewoodslegacy.com you can also join us there. Here are some quotes from Gatewood Galbraith "Newt (former House Speaker Gingrich) and Mitch (Senate Minority Leader McConnell) are aliens, not conservatives. They never met a bloated police state they didn't like." Quotes from Gatewood "For all you Petrochemical-Pharmaceutical-Military-Industrial-Transnational-Corporate-Fascist-Elite-Bastards, I've got your karma right here. "If I was going to lie to you, I'd already be elected. "Ronald Reagan and George Bush aren't conservatives. They are aliens." "My opponents are both honorable men, and I believe they're telling the truth on each other in those ads they're running. If they're lying, we can't use 'em in Congress. If they're telling the truth, we sure as hell can't use 'em." "We're going to take the government out of your bedroom, your bloodstream, your brain, your bladder, your business, your billfold, your back pockets, your bingo halls and your Internet bulletin boards." "Did my father's generation hit the beaches of Normandy and Iwo Jima so that I'd have to pee in a cup to hold a job in America?" Give us a call at 646-668-8648 to be on the show.
LIVE FROM NORML NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN SAN FRANCISCO! Day 2 of NORML CON, featuring the panel on Pot Politics 2009 and Beyond
A record number of state legislatures debated marijuana law reform in 2009; a nationwide panel of experts discusses our progress.
Moderator: Keith Stroup, Esq., NORML, Federal Legislation
* Chris Goldstein, Director, Penn. For Medical Marijuana
* Rob Kampia, Executive Director, Marijuana Policy Project
* Dan Linn, Executive Director, Illinois NORML
* Madeline Martinez, Director, Oregon NORML, member of NORML's board of directors
* Jesse Stout, former Director of RIPAC
* Ken Wolski, RN, Director, Coalition for Medical Marijuana NJ.
Then, lunch with travel author and NORML advisory board member Rick Steves presenting the ACLU DVD: 'Marijuana: Its Time for a Conversation'
Followed by the panel, Has support for legalization reached a critical mass/tipping point?
According to national polls, public support for legalizing marijuana has never been higher. Why now? And how do we mobilize this public support into political change? Leaders in the drug law reform movement discuss these trends, and what they portend for future reform efforts.
Moderator: Dave Fratello, Coast Campaign Group
* Dale Gieringer, Ph.D, Director, CA NORML; member of NORML's board of directors
* Rich Lee, Proprietor of 'Oaksterdam University' and Campaigner for 'The Regulate, Control, and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010'
* Harry Levine, Ph.D, Queens College
LIVE FROM NORML NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN SAN FRANCISCO! Day 1 of NORML CON, featuring the panel on Individual Patients, Caregivers, and Small Patient Collectives
* Patient and Caregiver rights under 215/SB420
* Possession: current caselaw and statutory law
* Cultivation: current caselaw and statutory law
* Transportation: current caselaw and statutory law
* Obtaining Cannabis: where and how to get it
* Patients Not Authorized to:
distribute to other patients
distribute "excess" to clubs
engage in conduct harmful to others
* Cannabis Patient rights (or lack thereof):
No right to protection from employment discrimination
No protection from Feds or other states
Section 8 housing
* Small collectives: formation, cultivating, obtaining of medicine, money considerations
* Interaction with Law Enforcement
* David Bearman
* Chris Conrad
* Omar Figueroa, Esq.
* Zenia Gilg, Esq.
* Frank Lucido
* Moderator: William Panzer, Esq.
Part II of: TMDS Declares May Med MJ Month!
I'll start with TBI's, and most BI's see life usually more 'gingerly' thru small amounts of marijuana intake. If you've never experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury, then you have to take out word for it. If not? Go experiencing you're own TBI is an option, or with an open mind (weed or no weed) listen to the guests, and be a caller. Tonight is your night to express your opinion on the positives of Medical Marijuana. Patient Rights tops my list, not the buzz.
I mean, if a buzz felt required by my inner soul any more, I can sit, duck my head, spin it real fast over and over and I will guarentee you I will catch a bigger buzz than you could ever imagine, or want. So, I won't proceed witht he demenstration. Take a toke to calm my nerves, slow the focus (so I have some focus) and enjoy the moment? You bet ya. Privately? People don't enject daily insulin shots in public do they?
Ms. Sue Root, mother of TBI Survivor Amy Root will join us again, God allowing so. Amy had a rough week, but could she of use Med MJ to calm her siezures? Not in Florida. Besides, I dunno, but her Mother thinks so. And Doctors and friends. THE Honorable Kevin Phillips, host of WTF on this network joins us, giving a military aspect on Med MJ. The Marine may surprise ya! NORML is in the fold, as I've been in contact with the Indiana Chapter and National Chapter in D.C. Looks positive (I like positive) for a call. An extended offer goes out still to Montel Williams for the 25th Memorial Gala, still awaiting a reply. But Sue's been hard at work, as is Debbie Wilson, who is away this week at a Conference on Patient Rights. Debbie will return next week, and will ROCK as always.
Sam Way, where are you? I best call Canada
Excerpts from a James Flaming Eagle Mooney's (website) on NORML Radio on 07/28/2011
22 Jun 2013 Utah ------- OGDEN -- The war on drugs may have been declared over by national drug czar Gil Kerlikowske in 2009, but the controversy over the laws in place to control drug use continues to incense people on both sides of the legal argument. According to LEAP - Law Enforcement Against Prohibition - the problems caused by America's drug laws warrant enough attention to be kept in the public consciousness. James Mooney, a former undercover narcotics officer who is now a public speaker on behalf of LEAP, spoke about his experience at Tuesday's Weber County Commission meeting. "I was about to arrest these people inside a home ... and I ended up hearing this little boy crying. I realized that I was about to take away his parents for 10 years and basically create an orphan. I realized that the basic structure of every civilization is the family, and the war on drugs is decimating our families," Mooney said. LEAP is made up of former law enforcement officers and criminal justice system members who oppose current drug policies. The organization sends speakers to various public events to educate people about the judicial system's reasons for continuing the war on drugs. "The only reason this thing has kept on going is because of money. The war on drugs is responsible for about 70 percent of all finances in the judicial system. It is an excuse to violate people's rights, and it is unconstitutional," Mooney said.
Please tune in as Rachel Marie, Eamon Donahue, and Mark Ortega discuss El Paso NORML with Josh Dagda.
On this fridays episode I'll be joined by Jay Blaze, CEO and Co-founder of T.E.A.C.H. and Executive Director or SE Wisconsin NORML. We'll talk about the on going Cannabis revolution, it's benefits and where we stand on the magic plant here in Wisconsin.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (65 chatters)
- The Portal (26 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (23 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (16 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (7 chatters)
- RoxieZw (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (6 chatters)
- Ron March Show (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (5 chatters)
- anointedsupernatural (5 chatters)
- ENERGY READER Brenda (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- American Statesman (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- SHRAonair (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (4 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- American Network (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (2 chatters)
- Fins Radio (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (2 chatters)
- The Serious Bible Study (2 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (2 chatters)
- Orlando Presentz (2 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- LibertyRules (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (1 chatters)
- New seed ministries bible study (1 chatters)
- OPWR (1 chatters)
- GeoengineeringWatch News Hour (1 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- All Things Matter (1 chatters)
- constitutional freedom network (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Its The Radio Show (0 chatters)