SORT BY Relevancy
Marie Lazzara, host of "Community," will interview Kim Bischoff, Executive Director of the Neurofibromatosis Network in Wheaton. Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that causes tumor growth. The network is the leading national organization advocating for federal funding for NF research and the development of local NF organizations.
To ask questions or give comments, call (323) 580-5755.
Visit www.nfnetwork.org more information.
For more information about our Radio, visit www.linkedlocalnetwork.com.
Link Locally, Connect Globally
Hiking just over 1000 miles since the beginning of March, Brian has made many new friends and discoveries. The outward journey is obvious, the inward is not. The stigma of Neurofibromatosis (NF) has played a part in his life that few understand. Today we talk with Brian Caskey of Hiking for Wellness about both of the journey's.
Neurofibromatoses 2 is a rare disorder affects about 1 in 25,000 people. Approximately 50 percent of affected people inherit the disorder; in others the disorder is caused by a spontaneous genetic mutation of unknown cause. While it is not contagious people still see the small tumorous growths and are afraid that they can "catch" this disease.
Dealing with the stigma of looking different and having people shy away from you because you don't look like they do is nothing new. However, as a result of the limited exposure to individuals dealing with NF, understanding why they look different and the effects of NF is.
Join us as we look deeper into the inner journay taken by Brain and many AT Hikers.
in Self Help
Rich believes in living an 'Anyway Lifestyle' - Laughing Anyway, Loving Anyway, Living Anyway - ultimately, Winning Anyway.
Speaking to inspire and empower audiences using his Perflexativity formula: Persistence, Flexibility, and Creativity – he teaches through his extensive personal and professional experiences as a Sales & Marketing Expert, Presentations Consultant & Coach, and patriarch of a household of six kids.
In 2006, he became elective amputee after a lifetime of working to stay on his feet against his doctor's orders - , ultimately discovering there's nothing like that New Foot Smell! - and no matter what obstacles we face in life, we can find a way to find our personal victory, even if it's one we never expected, a way to Win Anyway.
PS: Rich spoke passionately about Neurofibromatosis and how it's affected his family. To learn more please visit: www.thrivingwithnf.com
In this episode, Jets Kicker, Nick Folk talks about his life as an NFL Kicker. Nick will also talk about his 10-year-old cousin, Blake Robinson, who has neurofibromatosis, a genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow in the nervous system. Along with off-season workouts and much more! A must listen for all levels of kickers!
Join Host Live Chats
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (38 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (11 chatters)
- Berean Bible Chapel Online Church (9 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (9 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (8 chatters)
- Dino Dean (7 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (7 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (5 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (4 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (3 chatters)
- Kingdom United Ministries Network (3 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (2 chatters)
- Back Porch Writer (2 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (2 chatters)
- Duneland Christian Living (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (1 chatters)
- power of truth (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Straitway (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (0 chatters)
- MKSPCG (0 chatters)