SORT BY Relevancy
Joe Hackman catches up with Adriel Hampton of NationBuilder to get the details on the latest features. Adriel Hampton is chief organizer at NationBuilder and founder of Gov 2.0 Radio. At NationBuilder, he works with consultants and NationBuilder customers around the world to help drive success with the world's first Community Organizing System.
Today’s Guests Ashley Sanders is a member of the Move To Amend Leadership Team and a member of Salt Lake Move to Amend. Miguel Nieto (Media Team) and Verne Cotton (Volunteer Coordinator) will also be on the show.
We will be asking them about the external ins and outs of their work. They will discuss their internal process and structure, and also how they used Nationbuilder to do outreach and build their support for the ballot initiative in their city.
Visit the blog post here.
He's been called "The worst person in the world" by Keith Olberman; he's opening a new office in San Francisco, and he's got a "man blog" that mixes Sunday School, Pulp Fiction and whiskey reviews.
In the latest episode of NationBuilder's Leaders and Creators, I talk with South Carolina political operative Wesley Donehue about the GOP presidential field, his start in organizing as a 13 year old on public assistance, and his experience defending Rep. Joe Wilson after the 2009 "You lie!" incident during a presidential speech to to a join session of Congress.
Kirk J. Torrance is one of the digital strategists who helped lead the Scottish National Party to its most sweeping victory in history this past spring. Newspapers in the U.K. called the SNP's win a "Facebook revolution."
On "Leaders and Creators," Kirk tells NationBuilder's Adriel Hampton that his plan for the parliamentary elections started with a message he wrote on his bathroom mirror - "SNP Everywhere." The roll out included a digital organizer with each SNP candidate and twice-daily conference calls to discuss the campaign's social media messaging.
Kirk's background includes education in how to monetize technology innovation, which he now uses to turn tech innovation into votes and political muscle. After leaving a job in the Los Angeles film industry to help the SNP take power in Scotland, he's recently founded Industrial New Media and is working on a referendum to restore Scottish sovereignty for the first time in 300 years.
Political organizing online will also impact the future of social media itself, Kirk says, with individuals developing a kind of collective consciousness that means, "revolutions will take place very rapidly online."
In this inaugural episode of Leaders and Creators, the NationBuilder interview show, host Adriel Hampton interviews Austin Guest, Olivia Leirer and Greg Basta, three of the organizers behind Occupy The Board Room, an online action bringing together more than 70 groups to promote "pen pal" actions directed at the executives and board members of large U.S. banks. Hampton, Guest, Lierer and Basta discuss the gift economy in action at Occupy Wall Street, and the role community organizers play in the movement that began on September 17 in New York's Zuccotti Park.
In the latest episode of NationBuilder's Leaders and Creators, I talk with Robin Schneider, director of Texas Campaign for the Environment about flashmobs at Wal-Mart stores around the country, and her organizing start as a 17-year-old canvasser engaged in "door-step democracy."
Schneider's victories include convincing Dell, Apple and Samsung to recycle their obsolete computers; as vice chair of the Electronics TakeBack Coalition, she works to ensure that mistakes from Silicon Valley - home of the highest concentration of Superfund sites in the U.S. - aren't repeated in other tech hotspots around the world.
In what's being called the largest protest in the history of the Internet, web giants like Google, Wikipedia and Mozilla helped drive Internet users to the phones, emails and faxes on Jan. 18 to protest anti-piracy bills in Congress that had far-reaching implications for remix culture and online publishing. The resulting pressure on members of the House and Senate resulted in many members announcing their opposition to the bills, effectively stopping their progress. On this episode of Nati
Lifetime community organizer and long-time ACORN leader Nathan Henderson-James describes how external pressure and lack of internal controls brough down the organizing giant - and offers lessons for other advocacy groups looking to expand their influence.
Nathan, online director for the Leadership Center for the Common Good, also offers his analysis of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and where community organizing should be focused in 2012.
Gov 2.0 Radio hosts Adriel Hampton and Allison Hornery talk about the lastest in Gov 2.0, including an update from the World Summit on the Information Society, Adriel's first week at NationBuilder, progress on the SF Fire App initiative, the DC Let's Do It World "World Cleanup 2012" workshop held on Saturday, and the upcoming CityCamps in Raleigh and San Francisco.
Join Joe Hackman with guests Adriel Hampton (Nationbuilder), Melanie Burkie (SonRise Equestrian Foundation) and Rachael Seda (Host of 2 JMU Alum Podcast) for Internet Radio Mashup Episode #1. The concept is simple, bring together several interesting guests to discuss issues of the day, foster conversation amongst the panelists, the audience and get an update on the panelists activities.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (476 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (50 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (38 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (38 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (23 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (18 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (17 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (16 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (15 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (8 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (8 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (7 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (6 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (5 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (5 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (5 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- Ms Blue (3 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (3 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- The Prime Directive (2 chatters)
- wego (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (0 chatters)