SORT BY Relevancy
ANDREA LANKFORD of Travel Channel’s “Mysteries at the National Parks” (new series) televised expert, and author of “Haunted Hikes” / “Ranger Confidential: Living, Working and Dying in the National Parks” author will be on-air LIVE with The Ghost Host Sophia Temperilli on LiveParanormal.com, SATURDAY, 6/27, 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm U.K. primetime GMT!!! Listen, call-in and chat LIVE!!!
LIVE broadcast location – LiveParanormal.com
Live chat room and your call-ins welcome – (619) 639-4606.
NOTE: The time posted is Pacific Standard. The Ghost Host show is 3pm EST, 2pm Central, 1pm Mountain, 8pm U.K. GMT.
Andrea Lankford’s official -- Twitter: @Andrea_Lankford
ANDREA LANKFORD, is a former National Park Service ranger, has performed firefighting, law enforcement, and life-saving wilderness medicine in Cape Hatteras, Zion, Yosemite, and the Grand Canyon. As a ranger, she won several awards for her work as a criminal investigator, and she implemented the "Heat Kills, Hike Smart" public education program that generated media attention and is credited with preventing heat-related deaths at the Grand Canyon-a program that continues to save lives today. Her masochistic adventures include thru-hiking the entire Appalachian Trail, kayaking from Miami to Key West, cycling from Fairbanks to the Arctic Ocean, and being the first to mountain bike the 800-mile Arizona Trail. Haunted Hikes is her third book. Andrea currently lives in Southern California with her skeptic husband, a Special Agent for the United States Secret Service.
John Garder (pictured on far right) and Natalie Levine (center picture) from the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA), call in to chat with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith, during the 2015 Climate Ride California North Coast. On the NPCA team, John and Natalie talk about the ride, and the climate change issues facing our National Park system.
Climate Ride California is more than a bike trip – it’s an inspiring journey with like-minded people who are united by their passion for sustainability, renewable energy, and bicycles - the ultimate carbon-free form of transportation. Since 1919, the nonpartisan National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) has been the leading voice of the American people in protecting and enhancing our National Park System’s most significant lands and landmarks.
This interview originally aired on May 18, 2015 as part of Big Blend Radio's Vacation Station Travel Radio Expo, that broadcasted live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s HAPPY HOUR variety show, airing live from the Historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 407 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- John Garder, Director of Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association, discusses National Park funding.
- Lynn Wiese Sneyd ‘The Book Biz Whiz’ and owner of LWS Literary Services discusses how writing a book can boost your business.
- Fashion designer Aggie Garcia talks about her career as a designer for bikini and figure suit competitors.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for the last day of Big Blend Radio’s 2-day Travel Radio Expo! This show airs live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
On This Episode:
- Travel writer Linda Kissam ‘Food, Wine & Shopping Diva’ discusses her recent trip to France
- Leah Launey of Three Rivers Bed & Breakfast and Ranger Brady Wendt of Lake Kaweah will discuss Summer Fun in Three Rivers, California
- Becky Frost, senior manager of consumer education at Experian Consumer Services will discuss Identity Theft and Travel Safety
- Todd Montgomery – Travel writer and photographer for Life-Uncorked.com, will discuss media trips and events organized by the International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association.
- John Garder, Director, Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association will try call in from his California Climate Ride!
Plus, Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
Listen to what we're doing...what we're offering and why you and your children should join us!
Our lessons are about American History, but will also include some geography, a little language lesson and information about some key people in our history.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. June, 24th, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) The debate over the Confederate Flag continues as States and Retailers come out against it. We’ll deal with some of “The History of the Confederate Flag” and some little known facts about it. 2) Details about the Freddie Gray autopsy have been released and gives more insight into his injuries. 3) Is President Obama snubbing African American Newspapers? 4) This date in African American History.
Help Support The African History Network Crowdfunding Campaign. We are trying to raise $200 today to reach our daily goal. If 200 people donate at least $1 we will reach today’s goal. Visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on the “Donate” button.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, June, 29th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/
1) Did you see President Obama’s eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney on Friday? What did you think about it? 2) An activist on Saturday today down the Confederate Battle Flag at the South Carolina State Capitol. Why? What about the American Flag? 3) Legendary Educator Marva Collins has died at age 78. 4) There have been 6 Black churches in the South that have been set on fire. What’s going on? 5) This date in African American History – Muhammad Ali wins his case against the U.S. for refusing to be drafted in the U.S. Army, June 28th, 1971.
What to see? What to do? And Why you might want to include a National Park in your travel plans.
The last I heard, we have 401 National Parks or Monuments in the United States. If you love visiting our National Parks, you want to join the National Park Travelers Club.
There are 58 National Parks in the United States and territories with everything from a Rain Forrest in Washington, deathly heat in Death Valley, and the Everglades of Florida with aligators. If you plan to visit several parks in a calender year, there is an annual pass that will be well worth it.
Did you know that the Great Smoky Mountains is the most visited National Park? There are more than 9 million visitors each year. The 2nd most visited site is The Grand Canyon.
Tune in and find out more on why visiting our national parks is well worth the time.
Photos credits by: CNaene, Liz Noffsinger, Rawich, aeypix, and puttsk at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, 8pm-10pm EST with guest Jessica Holter founder of The Punany Poets. She will talk about The Punany Poets, their upcoming Summer Tour Dates and their upcoming date in Detroit, MI on Friday, June 26th at 1515 Broadway. Tickets are available at www.PunanyTickets.com. Call 510-600-9747 for Customer Service or to inquire about making special announcements, such as anniversaries and engagements at the show. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/06/19/jessica-holter-of-the-punany-poets-part-2-haitian-dominican-history.
Part 2: “The Bloody Origins of the Dominican Republic’s Ethnic ‘Cleansing’ of Haitians”. We did Part 1 on Wednesday, June 17th. We'll continue this discussion on history lesson on tonight's show. Hundreds of thousands of Haitians in The Dominican Republic stand to be deported.
On June 17th, 2015 in South Carolina, 9 people were shot at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. This was Denmark Vesey's Church. We'll talk about the shooting and the history of the Church.
Join Seba Heru-Ka Anu, host of Black Business Forum for a discussion with author/biographer Maurice W. Dorsey in a discussion of the life and business of the famous entrepreneur Henry G. Parks, founder and owner of Parks Sausage Company. Also we will discuss Mr. Parks role as a Black business leader.
Monday June 22, 2015 | 7:00 A.M. - 9:00 A.M.
Black Business Forum is sponsored in part by BmoreBlack.com - Baltimore's Black Business Directory; PGBlack.com - Prince George's County Black Business Directory; and BlackDC.biz - Washington DC's Black Business Directory.
Black Business Forum is produced by Seba, Heru-Ka Anu and African American Media, LLC. For more information visit: AAMedia.biz and call: 443-453-3010