SORT BY Relevancy
The Ku Klux Klan was originally organized in the winter of 1865-66 in Pulaski, Tennessee as a social club by six Confederate veterans. In the beginning, the Klan was a secret fraternity club. (Ku Klux was derived from the Greek "kuklos," meaning circle, and the English word clan.) The costume adopted by its members (disguises were quite common) was a mask and white robe and high conical pointed hat.
According to the founders of the Klan, it had no malicious intent in the beginning. It attracted former Civil War generals such as Nathan Bedford Forrest, the famed cavalry commander whose soldiers murdered captured black troops at Fort Pillow.The Klan spread beyond Tennessee to every state in the South and included mayors, judges, and sheriffs as well as common criminals. The Klan systematically murdered black politicians and political leaders. It beat, whipped, and murdered thousands, and intimidated tens of thousands of others from voting. Blacks often tried to fight back, but they were outnumbered and out gunned. While the main targets of Klan wrath were the political and social leaders of the black community, blacks could be murdered for almost any reason. Men, women, children, aged and crippled, were victims.In Texas, Governor Edmund Davis organized a crack state police unit, 40 percent of whose officers were black. The police made over 6,000 arrests and stopped the Klan. Armed groups of black and whites fought or threatened Klansman in North and South Carolina. The federal government also exerted its influence, empowering federal authorities with the Enforcement Acts of 1870 and 1871. Klan activity ended by 1872 and disappeared until it was revived again in 1915.
Dr Muhammad explores tonight - 646 478 4448
FiNeSse With Felicia-Leadership Playbook Author Nathan Jamail
In Cheryl's World, there are journalists, writers, actors, divas, activists, health nutritionists, politicians, entertainers, community organizers and more. We're sharing information, providing support, uplifting communities and attempting to solve the world's problems.
Start Your Week Off Right With Some Inspirational, Motivational, And Uplifting Songs As Well As Testimonies To Captivate The Spirit And Soul With Faith To Stand On In The Midst Of The Storms. You Never Know Who Else Is Needing That Which Can Only Come From You. Please Call In And Be A Blessing As Well As Receive One. Join Me Your Host Barbara Forrest Along With Dr Alfie For A Great Time Of Fellowship. Invite Your Family And Friends As Well. Blessings, Peace And Love
EMG RADIO Live @ 9pm EST.Sunday Night We have the "Eagles in Flight Hour" with Apostle Marcus Dupree & Prophet Celena Dupree; Founders of Eagles Wings International of Ridgeland South Carolina They will be bringing forth the Word and taking your calls for Prayer and intercession.
Call in and recieved your confirming word at 347-945-5416
On Sunday September 14th 2014, Wacko Bob of the Wacko Radio Network will produce the second episode of the Pet Keeping Magazine and Radio Show dealing with Frogs and Toads of the World. At 10 PM Europe Time, 9 PM UK Time, 4 PM EST, 3 PM CST, 2 PM MST, 1 PM PST John Brandyberry and Willy "The Beast" Forrest will have a discussion about Tree Frogs with Mr Julio Rodriguez" who was on a previous show discussing Poison Dart Frogs. Quite often the hosts discuss research and for this post there are two very interesting books that may be of interest for peoples research. "Popular Tree Frogs" and "Frogs and Toads of the World" And as we all know Jeremiah is a Bullfrog and part of the song Joy to the World by Three Dog Night which is quite often played by the shows producer Wacko Bob. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFypAB7nYGA To stream into any of the programming of the Wacko Radio Network at the time the program is on or if you miss any episode of your favorite programs on the Wacko Radio Network you can always listen to them as an On Demand Listen at the Blogtalk Radio URL below:
The Jones Girls consisted of sisters Brenda, Valorie and Shirley Jones. Their biggest hit was "You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else". My personal favorite is "I Just Love The Man" but the ladies had many other hits and memorable songs such as "Nights Over Egypt" and "Who Can I Run To". Shirley was the first to make solo music and hit #1 on the R&B Charts with "Do You Get Enough Love" She continues to make beautiful soulful and rich music. We are all very excited as she joins Meka Rae and Nathan James for Brunch In The Basement With JaVonne- Only on WJBR Internet Radio!
After a few attempts this week, the Bedford & Sullivan podcast finally gets the 57th episode off the ground. On this episode, Carl Erskine and I immerse ourselves talk of pitching.
Carl and I have discussed many a things about Brooklyn and the Dodgers over our many episodes on air. We haven't, however, devoted an entire episode to the art of pitching, which I certainly believe to be a conversation worth having when digging deep into the detail of what this television show could be. What better way than to discuss the artform with an all-time great such as Carl Erskine? We'll dig deep into his philosophy, how he altered it from batter to batter, and what he finds to be the biggest difference from the era he pitched in to the era we currently live in.
So, join us at 9am ET for the latest edition of the Bedford & Sullivan podcast!
In the second episode of The Boiler Room, your hosts, Omar Binno & Nathan Kalasho, will touch on this week's political and humanitarian progress in regards to the Iraqi Christians. We will aslo be discussing the IDC Summit and the political progress made there. George Brikho makes a guest apperance to discuss his current bid for election in the 9th Congressional District.
in Self Help
Don Nathan Reinhart's unusual vocation, which he calls miracle work, began thirteen years ago when he believed he could give his ex-mother-in-law, who was in a nursing home and facing amputation of her feet, a miracle.
Don's new book Holy Moments, tells the incredible story of a man, his visions, his miracle encounters and his unusual connection to Steve Jobs of Apple Computer.
Tonight join The Gist of Freedom with host Roy Paul as we talk with the executive producer, of the play Black Wall Street, Walter E. Puryear! Running at The Andrew Freedman Home, 1125 GrandCouse Bronx, NY starting Thursday September 18th thru Sunday October 5,204.
BLACK WALL STREET by Celeste Bedford Walker
In 1921, in a small community in Tulsa Oklahoma, there was a Black paradise called Greenwood. This community consisted of Blacks, Indians, and Jews, who respected and did business with each other. In time the town was soon known as Black Wall Street. In a mere 36 block section of town, these African-Americans owned and operated up to 600 thriving businesses. One of the most popular of these businesses was Old Lady Boleys’,(fictional) an eating establishment which is where our play begins. One Sunday evening, the town’s more influential citizens gathered to have their pictures taken for the local newspaper; in honor of the community’s 20th anniversary. Before the play ends, the entire community of Greenwood is completely burned to the ground. In a 12 hour period, a major Black economic movement is halted.
Walter E. Puryear is the Mid-Bronx Council’s project manager for the Andrew Freedman Home. When the home opened in the Bronx in 1924, it looked like a limestone luxury liner sailing up the Grand Concourse, a grandiosity that advertised its odd function: a privately endowed retirement home for the formerly well-to-do, those who might have lost their money but not their manners or manorial tastes.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- NTEB (53 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (45 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (41 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (38 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (23 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (19 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (16 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (16 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (14 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (11 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (10 chatters)
- Bellesprit (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (5 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (5 chatters)
- LCS (4 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Curious Times (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (4 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (4 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (3 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (3 chatters)
- drinkfive (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (3 chatters)
- AACONS (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (3 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- HUGS Radio Show (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- The View from Montana (2 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (1 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- BTR2451 (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- GrownFolksBizness (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (0 chatters)