SORT BY Relevancy
This class is based upon a letter written by Sultan Muhammad Bello the son of Shehu Uthman Dan Fodiyo (may Allah have Mercy on both of them).
Sultan Muhammad Bello composed this text after he was appointed to leadership after the death of his father. This is one of a few small text written by him with the intention of solidifying the jamaa'ah (the Islamic community).
He mentions seven principles which must be adhered to in order for a community to remain or become healthy. These principles are preceded by an introduction which emphasizes the destructive nature of loving the dunya [the transient and worldly life]. The first few chapters deal with subjects which the modern mind cannot conceive of as having anything to do with government and community building, such as seeking forgiveness of Allah, seeking knowledge, and preserving the prayers in the masjids. It is these things which establish just, Islamic societies.
The next few chapters deal with obeying those in authority, being merciful and gentle, avoiding injustice and establishing the jihaad.
This blessed book was written by a scholarly leader who actually practiced and implemented his knowledge; and this was reflected in the just government which he was the head of.
This class will be taught by Amir Khalil Abdullahi of Masjid Uthman Dan Fodiyo & Nur uz-Zamaan Institute (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania).
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (45 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (4 chatters)
- BearWhitewolf32 (3 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (2 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (2 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (2 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (1 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- reactionariez (1 chatters)
- Ron Reck (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)